The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Craftng...can I "have it all"?

PlagueMonk
PlagueMonk
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm currently lvl 11 and, despite warnings of only choosing 1-2 professions, am currently still lvling them all (yes I know, I know)

I have yet to invest a single skill point but know I eventually will to progress (like Enchanting now needs 1 pt to use better runes I'm finding), the question is, how little can I get away with to keep them all going? If I avoid all of the "quality of life" perks like a hireling, more copies, longer duration, etc. what is the minimum to keep all crafts relevant to my lvl?
Edited by PlagueMonk on April 6, 2014 10:40PM
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    9 each at least, for at bare minimum the crafting ingredient tiers. I /think/ you can get by without anything else, at least for woodworking, blacksmithing and clothier
    Edited by seanolan on April 6, 2014 10:43PM
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have the ability to get some 900+ points in game via mobs quests levels and skyshards.., theory is you can get everything, its just the order you want to do it in.
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
  • Destabilizator
    900+ is bs, last confirmed number is 300.
    I'm as you, lvling all the crafts. It doesn't really interfere with my combat ability, as I carefully select which abilities I want (can have only 10 anyway and some morphs are unappealing) and still have enough for crafts basics + keen eyes + temper passives.
    Vertor et revertor.
  • Holmes
    Holmes
    ✭✭
    If you're a completionist, you should be able to max out all crafting skills, and leave yourself enough points to get your playstyle sorted comfortably.
  • Justiwutz
    Justiwutz
    You get 50 points for the levels and 107 via skyshards, and tons via quest lines.
    You need 48 points to level the basic parts of all crafting skills. Meaning no other improvements skilled, 109 points are remaining for the rest of your character and tons of quest line points.
    You need 130 points to max out all crafting related skills. That means only 27 skill points remaining for you but you get a lot more via quest lines. However, regarding all the skills and passives that you want to have, getting all crafting skills up without having all skyshards and a lot of quests done wont be fun.
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leveling up all craft skills excluding some useless skills like Keen eye will take about 143 skill points.
    If you are up for questing and skyshard gathering, you end up with 300 skill points. Thats enought to have all the craft skills and alot to distribute for battle skills.
    Me personaly tryed to use skill calculator to check if it is enought skill point for me to max all crafts and a 3 different battle configuration (so i only need to replace skills on hotbar,not respec all the time) and... it is. I actualy have no idia where to spend about 80 skill points left.

Howethere, it is hardly possible to invest in all crafting lines at the beggining and there is actualy no need to. Invest a minimum required to create higher lvl gear and use higher level materials to continue level up your crafting skills and then start to invest more at level range 20 and above.

Im now lvl 27. I have all craft skill maxed (comparing to the lvl of my craft skills which is around 17-20 and expect of useless skills ofc). 2 Diferent battle lanes maxed and a few points in the skill lanes i dont use simply to make those lines progress just in case i will want use some skills from that lanes later on.
    Edited by killedbyping on April 7, 2014 9:57AM
  • Destabilizator
    Keen Eyes are far from useless (on the other hand the extraction passive are, at least until you extract high lvl stuff). If you think you see all the mats in the world, try picking up Keen Eye and realize how much do you actually miss (eg. how many underwater logs have you chopped?).
    Vertor et revertor.
  • Nadrak
    Nadrak
    Keen eye for alchemy is a blessing...
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Nadrak wrote: »
    Keen eye for alchemy is a blessing...

Oh yes, found I don't need it for Blacksmith as its easier to spot the ores.

Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com