The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Quickest or “Most Soloable” Dungeons

• Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leocaran wrote: »
    Wayrest 1 is easy but not quick - at least for a tank. The inspector has a lot of adds which are tedious at low DPS.
    How do you deal with ghost/banshee (room with 3 altars and 2 scrolls)? It has inescapable stun/dot/kill mechanics. You need at least 2 more people (or probably 1 crazy fast).

WR1 does not have that mechanic; I solo it routinely. It is WR2 that has the stun which requires others to hit altars to free you; I can't get through that one with less than a trio.

Well that explains why it wasn’t a problem. Is WR2 the veteran mode of WR1?

No vet is different. II dungeons are slightly harder and have an extra boss but i wouldnt call them vet.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fungal 1 on a Mageblade. Just cloak and nuke the boss.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fungal Grotto 1. After you kill the war chief, jump off the waterfall, swim over to the left and climb up near the crab. Run or stealth over to the second bridge. Cross it and you’re at Kra’gh, the final boss. Easily soloable.
  • Ozzymandius
    Ozzymandius
    ✭✭
    Just completed city of ash I solo as a tank - was easy if long winded.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fungal Grotto I
    Darkshade Caverns I
    City of Ash I
    Direfrost Keep (use the door glitch to get past the pressure plates)

post-2-1445282250.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on November 30, 2018 7:26PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Fungal Grotto I
    Darkshade Caverns I
    City of Ash I

post-2-1445282250.gif

Just duo'd Direfrost Keep this morning because we needed two to do those pressure plates. What is the door glitch that might enable a soloer to get past that part?
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fungal Grotto I
    Darkshade Caverns I
    City of Ash I
    post-2-1445282250.gif
    Just duo'd Direfrost Keep this morning because we needed two to do those pressure plates. What is the door glitch that might enable a soloer to get past that part?

@AcadianPaladin
    Just before you get to the room with the pressure plates there is a gate to the right which is the exit of the passage you take to get out of the room with the boss under the plate room.

If you walk up to the gate, you can interact with the lever on the other side and open it.
    Make your way through the passage until you get to another gate to the room under the pressure plate room.
    You can aggro the boss from there and lure him to the gate where you can burn him down.
    Once he's dead, go back to the dungeon entrance and use the portal to port into the boss room.

From there you can resume the normal dungeon progress and finish it without ever having to use the pressure plates ...
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on November 30, 2018 7:34PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SirAndy Thank you! I cut & pasted those instructions into my notes. Soloing many non-DLC WB and a fair number of non-DLC dungeons is my 'end game' as primarily a soloist and this is very helpful. Awesome.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on November 30, 2018 7:42PM
  • Ozzymandius
    Ozzymandius
    ✭✭

[/quote]

No vet is different. II dungeons are slightly harder and have an extra boss but i wouldnt call them vet. [/quote]

Thanks for letting me know. Can any of the II dungeons be done solo?

• lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, everyone! Just did FG1 on break. I was surprised... Apparently I haven’t done this one in a while - it’s a lot easier than I remember it being. Still took me a little longer than it should have; I couldn’t find the spot to climb up out of the water and wound up aggroing the crab boss. Still went pretty quick, though!

I’ll try another one tomorrow!
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lygerseye wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone! Just did FG1 on break. I was surprised... Apparently I haven’t done this one in a while - it’s a lot easier than I remember it being. Still took me a little longer than it should have; I couldn’t find the spot to climb up out of the water and wound up aggroing the crab boss. Still went pretty quick, though!

I’ll try another one tomorrow!

Best place to get out of water is just to the right of bridge before final boss (facing the boss from water) - though you need to be just a bit away from the wall to jump (if you are up against the side, you may not be able to jump), and its a double jump - once onto the wall, then up to the boss area.
    Edited by Dawnblade on November 30, 2018 9:10PM
  • xcalibur007
    xcalibur007
    ✭✭
    Fungal grotto 1, you skip a good portion of the dungeon.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fungal 1 on a Mageblade. Just cloak and nuke the boss.

You can also slap him to death as a werewolf, just eat the mudcrabs he summons to maintain form.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Fungal Grotto 1

Ran it yesterday and today. It takes me around 4 minutes if I skip to the final boss. Apparently you can also skip the first boss (but I always aggro him somehow), so it can possibly be done even quicker. I'm also a mediocre DPS. I'm sure the 55k+ DPS guys can get through it in like 2 minutes.

A few of the other dungeons are just as easy, but they are bigger so they take longer. FG1 is the size of a delve.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 1, 2018 3:29AM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I solo Blessed Crucible looking for this troll king motif thing. It’s not bad. You can skip the huge add waves in the middle. Still don’t have the Motif.

Time wise, I think Fungal Grotto may be the fastest.

Does the motif even drop on normal?

I thought you had to do veteran for that.

• D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Direfrost Keep is very easy to solo. Just be sure to Break Free the second the last boss starts lifetapping you.

I taught one dude the solo trick and he lost his sh*t. Bet he got his Draugr Hulk in 2 days.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fungal Grotto I
    Darkshade Caverns I
    City of Ash I
    post-2-1445282250.gif

@AcadianPaladin
    Just before you get to the room with the pressure plates there is a gate to the right which is the exit of the passage you take to get out of the room with the boss under the plate room.

If you walk up to the gate, you can interact with the lever on the other side and open it.
    Make your way through the passage until you get to another gate to the room under the pressure plate room.
    You can aggro the boss from there and lure him to the gate where you can burn him down.
    Once he's dead, go back to the dungeon entrance and use the portal to port into the boss room.

From there you can resume the normal dungeon progress and finish it without ever having to use the pressure plates ...
    shades.gif

If you're on a Nightblade you can use Lotus Fan/Ambush to teleport through the gate onto the boss in that room. No need to run back to the entrance that way. Just beware that all the lil guys will explode on you within moments...
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No vet is different. II dungeons are slightly harder and have an extra boss but i wouldnt call them vet. [/quote]

Thanks for letting me know. Can any of the II dungeons be done solo?

[/quote]
    The difference between 1 and 2 is mainly plot line.
    Fungal 1, you accompany some religious people in and clear out the goblins and dreugh; the religious people stay when you leave. Fungal 2, you return and the religious people have gone evil and you clear them out.
    Spindle 1, you help out a bunch of people when part of their group has been driven mad. After you leave, a vampire came along and turned almost the whole group. Spindle 2, you help out a dude put to rest the turned people and kill the vampire.
    Banished 1, you help the keepers carve the bad guy into mental pieces. After you leave, bad guy corrupts the jailers. Banished 2, you help out the last keeper rescue his team and end the bad guy forever.

Part 2 dungeons are a bit harder than part 1 dungeons, and dungeons generally get more difficult as you move down the list in the activity finder, but the primary bump in difficulty comes when you move the toggle from normal to vet.

Regarding doing them solo... except for forced mechanics like needing 2 to stand on pressure plates to open a door, or 2 to pull levers at the same time such as in ICP... there was a guy that played on PlayStation that managed to do veteran white gold tower solo.

How much you can solo generally depends on how good you get.
    Xbox NA
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the very fact that people can list dungeons here is proof game is broken...or at the very least "out-leveled" by players. Shame ZOS doesn't bump it up and bring back the challenge and chance for tanks and such to learn off em.
    Edited by Joxer61 on December 1, 2018 12:15PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    the very fact that people can list dungeons here is proof game is broken...or at the very least "out-leveled" by players. Shame ZOS doesn't bump it up and bring back the challenge and chance for tanks and such to learn off em.

I understand what you are saying but I, for one, am glad for the current non-DLC dungeons. As primarily a soloist, many of the non-DLC WB and some of the non-DLC dungeons are my 'end game'. I boycott DLC WB and dungeons as not suiting my needs but am glad they are there for folks who enjoy them. I very much like that the game provides content to meet all levels of desired challenge. For me, normal non-DLC dungeons and non-DLC WB are exactly just right. If I wanted greater challenge (which I don't) I know where to find it. :)
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what veteran mode is for.

When the game started though, dungeons were levelled to the zone they were in. That meant that when you had reached max level (veteran 16 before CP) you could just walk through Fungal Grotto almost untouchable.

So they made every zone/dungeon 160 CP to bring the challenge back to older dungeons. However, we are now at 810 CP while the dungeons are still at 160 CP.

They can't change that however, as newer players don't have all the CP that older players have.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But they are doing exactly this, with the DLC dungeons. I can blow through vet FG1 solo like it was a public dungeon. But when I try to solo Moon Hunter Keep on normal, I get my ass handed to me.

I don't think every dungeon should be the same difficulty. It's good to be able to challenge yourself progressively, rather than saying "I can do any of this type of content, but none of the other type of content." Players will always be at varying levels of skill and equipment, and there should be something that tests the limits of each individual.
  • CrimsonGTX
    CrimsonGTX
    ✭✭✭
    Fungal 1 is the quickest. After that all of the non-dlc 1 dungeons are really easy to solo since you're doing it on normal. Spindleclutch 1 may be the second quickest.
    Edited by CrimsonGTX on December 1, 2018 12:40PM
    Sorc & Warden Main - PC NA(CP 1k+) & Xbox NA (CP 1k+)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, it is not. If the average new character and new player could do it, I would be more inclined to agree. This is not the case. However, there does need to be challenge for experienced players and high level characters, and soloing a normal dungeon that does not mechanically require more than one person, presents more of a challenge than the same dungeon done as a group.

Veteran dungeons should not be soloable under any circumstances, though. That is where Finn should bring out the big guns and more complicated mechanics to challenge groups of experienced player and high level characters.

For the Event Ticket event, I am just doing Fungal Grotto 1 and Spindleclutch 1. The boss in Spindleclutch is more challenging than Fungal Grotto 1, though.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, it is not. If the average new character and new player could do it, I would be more inclined to agree. This is not the case. However, there does need to be challenge for experienced players and high level characters, and soloing a normal dungeon that does not mechanically require more than one person, presents more of a challenge than the same dungeon done as a group.

I agree with this. The first time I tried to solo Fungal Grotto 1, I never made it past the first group of trash mobs. But it set an important benchmark for me. As I experimented with different sets, ability combos, and strategies, and continued increasing my CP, I was able to learn how to meet the challenge. With every attempt, I was able to progress just a little further.... without having to make a group wait while I changed spells around, swapped out sets, died and respawned at the entrance repeatedly, looked stuff up on the internet, went to the bathroom, made lunch, etc. So, rather than me learning on your time, I learned on my own time, so that when I AM running FG1 with you, I'm not holding you back, and I might just be able to answer a few questions about it for you.

• D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

New players usually start out with easier dungeons. Thats why they're unlocked first.
    Edited by D0PAMINE on December 1, 2018 7:55PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    The first time I tried to solo Fungal Grotto 1, I never made it past the first group of trash mobs. But it set an important benchmark for me. As I experimented with different sets, ability combos, and strategies, and continued increasing my CP, I was able to learn how to meet the challenge. With every attempt, I was able to progress just a little further.... without having to make a group wait while I changed spells around, swapped out sets, died and respawned at the entrance repeatedly, looked stuff up on the internet, went to the bathroom, made lunch, etc. So, rather than me learning on your time, I learned on my own time, so that when I AM running FG1 with you, I'm not holding you back, and I might just be able to answer a few questions about it for you.
    agree.gif
    That about sums it up and is a perfectly good reason why easier group dungeons should remain solo-able.

Look at them as a training dummy that fights back ...
    shades.gif