Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sad State of Vivec/PC/NA

• Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ad is hitting shore lately, because, well, they have to lol
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Whats interesting is the Performance on days when all the ball groups are not running is fine, even with locked populations...soon as you get 2 or 3 of them running on the map the performance becomes awful. You can't even counter them with siege because Siege Weapons take like 20 seconds to fire.

Ball group lag switches are a guild requirement these days for any ball group who takes its balls seriously.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    Whats interesting is the Performance on days when all the ball groups are not running is fine, even with locked populations...soon as you get 2 or 3 of them running on the map the performance becomes awful. You can't even counter them with siege because Siege Weapons take like 20 seconds to fire.

Ball group lag switches are a guild requirement these days for any ball group who takes its balls seriously.

Source? It's possible, I've been burned in the past by defending highly effective players and guilds who turned out to be exploiting, but I really don't want to believe that well known guilds require their players to cheat. I'd like some backing info on that claim.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Server performance is the main culprit here and always has been. Anyone remember the massive dump in pvp population after the lighting patch? Aside from server performance issues, these devs for whatever odd reason insist on making poor design choices that consistently turn off more and more players to pvp. It's been 4 years since Cyrodiil performed in a reasonable state aside from low pop campaigns and it's clear at this point that ZOS cannot or will not put the effort in to fix their issues. Heck, they aren't even bothering to communicate and bs us about looking into the issue anymore.

You know, I could write a whole novel (as could many of you) about how mismanaged pvp has been in this game but at this point why bother. The bad decisions continue to be made without pause. Anyone wising to know what effect raising siege damage will have should just pop into Sotha for an evening. Most likely you'll vomit a little in your mouth when you realize where Cyrodill is heading performance issues aside.

Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

Source? It's possible, I've been burned in the past by defending highly effective players and guilds who turned out to be exploiting, but I really don't want to believe that well known guilds require their players to cheat. I'd like some backing info on that claim.

Sarcasm unfortunately doesn't translate well in text :p
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not calling anyone a cheater but we have had cheat engine, print screen macro, flying in the air and unlimited meteor, and countless bugged sets. Why is a lag switch so far out of the scope of what players are willing to do to “win”.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if the team green b.s. would stop and the factions acted independently.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...I mean, how many times do I need to use balls in a sentence before it's not taken seriously?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what you guyz are sayin' is that balls lead to mo' lag?
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on July 21, 2018 5:19AM
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Tbh, team orange is more active. Especially 7pmEST-1amEST
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

...I mean, how many times do I need to use balls in a sentence before it's not taken seriously?

Depends how much you balls up your delivery of the sarcasm :p
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Moltyr
    Moltyr
    ✭✭✭

So basically you're admitting that Team green is more active though? If "team orange" is only active for 6 hours that leaves how many during every day that is primarily EP getting double teamed...and still remaining competitive? Just food for thought I guess.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Moltyr wrote: »

So basically you're admitting that Team green is more active though? If "team orange" is only active for 6 hours that leaves how many during every day that is primarily EP getting double teamed...and still remaining competitive? Just food for thought I guess.

I mean, getting double teamed has been extremely lucrative AP wise for years now. There's a reason EP consistently has top earners that outpace AD/DC by a far margin.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, getting double teamed has been extremely lucrative AP wise for years now. There's a reason EP consistently has top earners that outpace AD/DC by a far margin.

I'm going to guess its because your side zergs everything down consistently.

• ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't play on PC, but this issue sounds familiar for consoles. I agree with those that say the problem is with how the rules have been changed for PvP. The way the tri-faction system worked in dark age of camelot worked great, but in ESO, not so much. In ESO, the map is mostly symmetrical, so underdogs cant use terrain to their advantage; there are only a couple of ways to take keeps, the default win condition is population; population is hampered by pvp being included for what seems to be novelty, in DAOC everyone had to pvp a little bit at some point as it was an integral part of the game.

The guy that helped design that great system in DAoC is the director of ESO, so It doesn't make sense to me why they're neglecting pvp so much. All I can think of is that there are other games out there that do it better. I don't know if it's any better and I'm not suggesting anyone leaves ESO, but another guy from team DAOC is leading the development of camelot unchained which I believe is being funded by it's players.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • stojekarcub18_ESO
    stojekarcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the campaigns are like this, just varies the faction per campaign. Everyone jumps on board the zerg faction. Was a lot more fun when there were more campaigns.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to guess its because your side zergs everything down consistently.

and your side does the same
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    You think 5k score is a big gap in a monthly campaign? I've seen that in the weekly camps lol
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DC is the worst @Raknosh ;)
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP has numbers. Numbers win camps especially when those numbers are heavy during non prime time. Army of the Pact runs 40-60 man raids at a time, that’s literally probably equivalent to what DC and AD raids have. Meaning that AD or DC may both have two guilds running that equal those numbers per faction. Not only does EP have Army of the Pact they also have 2-3 other large guilds, they also have a few groups like Dracarys and etc.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    EP has numbers. Numbers win camps especially when those numbers are heavy during non prime time. Army of the Pact runs 40-60 man raids at a time, that’s literally probably equivalent to what DC and AD raids have. Meaning that AD or DC may both have two guilds running that equal those numbers per faction. Not only does EP have Army of the Pact they also have 2-3 other large guilds, they also have a few groups like Dracarys and etc.

The Army of the Pact GM acknowledged in another thread that his raids are often 72+ EP. People who read your comment about 40-60 man EP groups might think you’re exaggerating, when in fact you’re understating the situation.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • evivnada
    evivnada
    ✭✭

The Army of the Pact GM acknowledged in another thread that his raids are often 72+ EP. People who read your comment about 40-60 man EP groups might think you’re exaggerating, when in fact you’re understating the situation.

So the only way EP wins is from a guild that's made up of pugs and runs 2-3 hours a couple days a week. What about the other 20+ hours a day?

Also being primetime all 3 factions are pop locked so why does it matter is AotP is running or not?
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evivnada wrote: »

So the only way EP wins is from a guild that's made up of pugs and runs 2-3 hours a couple days a week. What about the other 20+ hours a day?

Also being primetime all 3 factions are pop locked so why does it matter is AotP is running or not?

You missed the entire premise of the argument. It all boils down to EP having more players in prime time and more players on during non prime time hours. But guilds like AP cause the servers to be complete crap.

Just because they’re poplocked doesn’t mean all queues are the same. I can get on my dc during prime and only have a like a 10-15 and AD I generally queue right in even with pop lock respectively. Now I try to queue in on my EP during prime time 50-100 queue. And I have to wait 20-45 minutes to get in.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tri faction play is going to be the death of this game as far as pvp is concerned. The ability for groups to swap to a different faction and hop into the same server is ridiculous.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh Allegiance is a bigger problem than AotP. At least AotP seems to be mostly limited to primetime, and, servers woes aside, they're somewhat easy to avoid and to kill. Allegiance is usually off-primetime, with no real organized competition running in their time slot. Playing DC past like 3 AM is enjoying PvP in hardmode.
    Edited by gabriebe on November 29, 2018 12:49PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Grabber
    Grabber
    ✭✭✭
    News flash Cyrodiil is for big Zerg groups battle grounds are for small man don’t hate the players hate the game
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grabber wrote: »
    News flash Cyrodiil is for big Zerg groups battle grounds are for small man don’t hate the players hate the game

This false and misinformation at best.