The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Serious Indrik Mount Question

KhajiitWarlord
I'm about to hit my 30th event ticket tomorrow, as in have both of the current feathers and am sitting at 8/12 event tickets. Now when I hit the 12 ticket cap, I won't earn any more tickets. Now am I supposed to let the tickets go to waste by just sitting on 12 or am I supposed to buy a second set of feathers?

Reason I ask:
From my calculations, it is possible to get 80 tickets across all 4 events, but there's no indication that you need more than 40 to complete one Indrik mount, assuming the first berry shows up AFTER the New Life Festival. If the berry shows up DURING the New Life Festival, this reasoning can be ignored, as you would need 50 tickets for the first mount at that point. But considering that the likely scenario will be that feeding the berry to the nascent to evolve him will cause you to lose the nascent and get the dawnwood in return, it would be great to be able to complete a second one for the sake of having both.

Personally, I missed some tickets because servers went down for maintenance at some point on the exact times that I play. But this would be critical information for someone who has stuck through all of it, only to currently be sitting in the same position at 10/12, deciding whether to buy a feather or not.

Would be great to get an answer from a ZoS representative on this one, but I'm not familiar with how to @ them on the forum yet.
Edited by KhajiitWarlord on November 22, 2018 6:21PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally, I feel those extra tickets will go to waste anyways, so I got a second Emerald feather just incase. I'll be able to grab the third feather early in the next event, and same for the fourth. Even if it's not the first day, it's like two or three days after. And if it turns you can get multiple mounts, I'll be ahead for the next one, versus only slightly behind on evolving the current one.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You just need 1 of each feather to get the mount, ie 1 emerald, 1 gilded, and 1 of the other two coming in the bext 2 events, coming out to 4 feathers. You don’t need 2 of each. So just hold onto those tickets until the next event.
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on November 23, 2018 2:11AM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • KhajiitWarlord
    You just need 1 of each feather to get the mount, ie 1 emerald, 1 gilded, and 1 of the other two coming in the bext 2 events, coming out to 4 feathers. You don’t need 2 of each. So just hold onto those tickets until the next event.

True, but that's assuming the conventional "get your mount and be done" approach is what you're doing. However, there has been implications from ZoS that evolving the first mount will cause you to lose the basic mount, in which case I'd rather have a second set of feathers to grab the second basic mount as a replacement for the first one being lost to the evolution.

Also, sitting on 12/12 tickets literally just wastes potential ticket gains since you can't grab any more tickets when you hit the cap.
    Edited by KhajiitWarlord on November 23, 2018 2:19AM
  • KhajiitWarlord
    Jaraal wrote: »

No clarification on that about the situation, so I'm with driosketch on this one. Rather be only a couple tickets behind on getting the berries than wasting the potential extra tickets for a second mount. If the evolution removes the first basic mount, I'd like to have a chance at grabbing a replacement.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True, but that's assuming the conventional "get your mount and be done" approach is what you're doing. However, there has been implications from ZoS that evolving the first mount will cause you to lose the basic mount, in which case I'd rather have a second set of feathers to grab the second basic mount as a replacement for the first one being lost to the evolution.

Also, sitting on 12/12 tickets literally just wastes potential ticket gains since you can't grab any more tickets when you hit the cap.

HXJg3wgl.jpg
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • KhajiitWarlord
    Jaraal wrote: »
    HXJg3wgl.jpg

That is very helpful! Thank you for finding that tidbit! I'd have never thought to look there.