Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Understanding the 36 Lessons of Vivec

AllegraLionheart
Do you have any favorite interpretations, or sources attempting to interpret Vivec's acid trip sermons?

I'm in the process of reading them again, and it's just so.. Beautifully vexing, from a poetic standpoint. I adore Vehk, as well as the story behind his lessons' origins, so I'm always wanting to know more.
PC/NA
Breton Magden pretending to be a Nord
GM - Chal Basement Battalion, PvP Guild (Gray Host)
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are great but keep in mind the Temple publishes these so, well, beware of an organised sect publishing information praising the power of their leader xD

However it does have a hidden message that perhaps the Temple missed and perhaps shows they were written by Vivec himself
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    90% lies, 10% truth.

That's the best way to interpret it in my honest opinion.

As Sotha Sil said, "Vivec craves radical freedom - the death of all limits and restrictions. He wishes to be all things at all times. Every race, every gender, every hero, both divine and finite... but in the end, he can only be Vivec."
    Majority of his 36 Lessons are him exaggerating about how great and amazing he is. He's not as arrogant as Almalexia (Or as crazy as her), but he certainly isn't as humble as Sotha Sil...But, there are some metaphysical truths in the lessons.
    Edited by Claudman on November 30, 2018 5:34AM
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.