The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are people having fun in Battlegrounds?

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other reason
    Wish you can see your mmr
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other reason
    It’s fun when I’m not facin 2 opposing sweaty premades while my team is a team of 3 or 2, and the other 2 teams try to farm us. Also it’s annoying dealing with the cheese and constant cc spamming, but besides that, it’s the only good PvP anymore since cyro is a laggy zergfest
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka builds rely more on stamina then stamina builds rely on magicka. Magicka is the first to run out of stam so will be first to suffer hard cc.

Stam say they sacrifice damage for speed but the truth is they do plenty of damage to encumber speed traits. It feels like you get more out of stam then magicka.

• ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean Endless Fury grounds?
    I enjoy them, but death match could easily be renamed endless fury grounds
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister_DMC wrote: »
    This poll is biased, you obviously don't enjoy them. Don't play them.

I think it was intentional to make a point about what's wrong with BGs
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »
    Healing is too strong especially post defile nerf. Deathmatch takes forever to wrap up except on noob matches with 1 experienced player.
    Used to love BGs and it was what kept me pvping so much but now it kinda just bums me out to play it...

Healing is to powerful? You do realize its cut in half in pvp, right? Do you suggest we go 25%? Or that people should just sit down and allow you to kill them.
    Edited by ZarkingFrued on November 27, 2018 8:43PM
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matchmaking is absolutely broken. I could live with all the Sloads, Endless Furies and Steel Tornadoes (that somebody complained about in this topic), if they make working matchmaking system.

These are my observations.

- MMR is a mess. In short words, you wait long to get stomped quickly (this is especially true for deathmatches).
    The worst thing you can do is to queue with your friends just to have some fun in BGs. Average team MMR gets amplified for premades, so after 15 minutes or more of waiting you will end up against some super organized and synergized premade group from high-end PvP guild.

- Solo players can still end up against 4-premade. Summerset was supposed to fix this but nothing changed. The only real fix for this is to split queue into two: solo/duo and full 4-premade.

- Deathmatch needs some kind of objective. Sigil was bad, I admit that. But leaving DM with no objectives at all wasn't the best move. I have excluded DM from my queue for this reason.

- Class balance is rather good. Every class has it's pros and cons in BGs.

Most people will disagree with me that class balance is fine, but look it this way:
    1) Is magsorc bad in BGs? No it isn't.
    2) Is stamsorc bad in BGs? No it isn't but needs a lot of practice and dedication.
    3) Is magNB bad in BGs? No it isn't.
    4) Is stamNB bad in BGs? No it isn't.
    5) Is magWarden bad in BGs? This is debatable. In proper hands and organized group, magWarden can be absolutely devastating.
    6) Is stamwarden bad in BGs? No it isn't.
    7) Is magplar bad in BGs? No it isn't. Actually at least one magplar is mandatory in any solid premade group.
    8) Is stamplar bad in BGs? No it isn't.
    9) Is magDK bad in BGs? No it isn't and some godlike magDKs I've seen lately proved that.
    10) Is stamDK bad in BGs? Debatable like magWarden. It isn't exactly bad, but there is currently no build archetype fitting for a stamDK. Stamsorc is much better at DoT/Bleed builds. StamNB is much better at hit-n-run bursty assassin builds. StamWarden is much better at tanky bruiser builds.

There is a tweak or two needed regarding class balance but matchmaking is currently the worst BG problem and should be TOP priority.

I prefer stamsorc for burst build, but mainly because I feel corny when I use cloak.
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    It's broken
    This sums up my experience:
    Fr6dhc.jpg
    PC-NA
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes I enjoy it. I use a cheese build with steel tornado
    Played 14 bgs today. Every single one of them was against a premade, and in only 3 my team started with 4 players. In one of them the other 2 teams started with 4(both premades), and my team never got a 4th player in 15 minutes.

The game has potential, but apparently they don't have the resources, manpower, and willingness to make it work. I'm done with pvp until the match making system has a full overhaul. Back to questing until something better comes around. Cancelling my sub too since they clearly don't want my money.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on November 27, 2018 10:18PM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's broken
    A no MMR solo queue option would be great.
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's broken
    I like the deathmatches but currently the mmr is broken, constantly premades even with one of my characters who started his first bg a few days ago i was facing a premade with one player of that team was nr 3 on the leaderboards.

I give up until ZOS fix this.
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    It's broken
    I like the deathmatches but currently the mmr is broken, constantly premades even with one of my characters who started his first bg a few days ago i was facing a premade with one player of that team was nr 3 on the leaderboards.

I give up until ZOS fix this.

Zenimax doesn't read these forums, and if you go into "PvP Combat Skills" forum, they only comment that they've removed posts because of flaming. Their is a direct disconnect between the PvP community and Zenimax, and they're entirely silent about it. Look through the threads, they never comment in here unfortunately.
    PC-NA
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other reason
    Accusing people of being premades is the new hackusation.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still having fun but fighting the same premades (at least 3+ in a group) match after match is dull.

I don't mind fighting them and I can hold my own as a healer and damage dealer, but it's an issue when there are tons of other players queueing and you will never face them.

At this point 2nd place is the name of the game.
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other reason
    I like the challenge of being grouped with random players and adapting to different teams. Sometimes it can be very frustrating. But going in with a premade team and zerging down everything is boring.

I'd like to see a change to bleeding in no CP.
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Accusing people of being premades is the new hackusation.

hmmm not when at the end of the game I politely ask players on the other team if they were pre made for statistical reasons, and it seems that 8 out of 10 times they are pre made of some composition. I never play in groups because I enjoy going in solo and expect the game to not match me against organized groups.... but that hardly ever happens
    Edited by hesobad on November 29, 2018 5:15AM
    Ad Victoriam!
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol besides the broken things, yes i am having lots of fun. Ice Warden DPS/ Heals gets me a great score B)
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did my first bg last night, and have done 6 more since. Pre 50 with a lvl 15 tank character and having fun since. I DO see the pre made groups already(and ironically was on one i think when I q'd in and only two others against 8. Thought we were in trouble but every time I stunned or rooted someone they burned them down. Even got battlegrounds butcher just being support)

I'm sure there are flaws(and probably a whole different game after 50 ) but I'm having fun
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    I have only played PVP in BGs for over six months now because they generally have better performance. But as of late, even BGs are having a lot of lag. I'm on console.

I still enjoy them more than any other content, even if certain classes/builds are overpowered. But it's really frustrating when my skills don't fire or I can't break free, etc. until Zos dedicates a patch to performance, I don't see it ever getting any better. I honestly would move on from this game but there is nothing similar to it on console.