The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are people having fun in Battlegrounds?

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
Ad Victoriam!

Are people having fun in Battlegrounds? 163 votes

You mean Endless Fury grounds?
14%
HanokihsTinkerpoopmmtaniacMystikkalCorpierStrider__Roshinjhall03exeeter702afonikCultOfMMOStereoLizGagginSshadowSscaleVesper_BRecruApache_KidhuschdeguddzjeZarkingFruedStarlight_KnightHotdog_23 24 votes
Haven't played since they broke PvP with Sloads
4%
AixyApheriusLarianaFakeFoxATomiX96PhoenixGreyRedRook 7 votes
It's broken
20%
KovaRizz_the_Filthy_Dinopdebie64b16_ESOflguy147ub17_ESOSkoomahPocketNovaIndorilArwynLlethranCinbriEmma_OverloadSosRuvaakHetairahanslandaAliyavanaTimeDazzlerQwazzyFischblutsplitsandCarbonisedHEBREWHAMMERRRjinks223 33 votes
I dont play it. It's not fun
14%
Iruil_ESOLoralai_907IdinuseDudisDimentiy47greyloxEvilKiwiLettigallC0L0SSUSCadburymoonioMarabornwingrionIlCanis_LupuslIWise_WillSelfTherapyNeyaneRamberJamesDXDosuulJaZ2091 23 votes
Yes I enjoy it. I use a cheese build with steel tornado
12%
Solarikensintekkub17_ESOHidesFromSuntunepunkDelpiTheEverwordChunkyCatsusmitdsrudvilceruuleanSqueaky_CleanValyrNelothKarmanorwayGibus043WildRaptorXAnomanderakeWoppaBoemMaxJrFTWTaunky 21 votes
Other reason
33%
DeadlyReclusewheem_ESORedTalonBam_BamSPE825SheezabeastSparkAdernathLord_WrathswankeryHowlKimchiStikatoMinnoTakes-No-PrisonermagictucktuckSugaComaFake RemedyAsmaeloibamLadyNalcarya 55 votes
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other reason
    Queue too long if MMR too high.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP, crappy pole man. Can't i just enjoy it without having a cheese build? #badtrolling
    Edited by bongtokin420insd16 on August 9, 2018 8:23PM
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • goldenflameslinger
    goldenflameslinger
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I enjoy it. I use a cheese build with steel tornado
    I never played much until Midyear but found out I do not suck as much as I expected. I am using my PVE gear, not changing just to run a few rounds of BG. I expected to see Sloads constantly, with as much rage as I see against it on the forums, but surprisingly I have only seen it once in the recaps of my deaths. I was a little disappointed that I could not join the revolt against Sloads.

I will say that playing against pre-mades with a PUG is not fun. A PUG can be awesome, but most of the time they are terrible. I would think the PUGs would get better now that Midyear is gone, since all the AP and achievement seekers are probably gone. We will see. My main interest now is doing the daily, random. I am getting like 400k xp when enlightened per day, which is a ton without using XP pots. I am like 766, I should hit 780 before the cap change if I keep it up.
    PS4 NA DC id: goldenflamesling
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this poll.

Sums up most of the issues very well.
    Edited by Gralor on August 10, 2018 6:59AM
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never played much until Midyear but found out I do not suck as much as I expected. I am using my PVE gear, not changing just to run a few rounds of BG. I expected to see Sloads constantly, with as much rage as I see against it on the forums, but surprisingly I have only seen it once in the recaps of my deaths. I was a little disappointed that I could not join the revolt against Sloads.

I will say that playing against pre-mades with a PUG is not fun. A PUG can be awesome, but most of the time they are terrible. I would think the PUGs would get better now that Midyear is gone, since all the AP and achievement seekers are probably gone. We will see. My main interest now is doing the daily, random. I am getting like 400k xp when enlightened per day, which is a ton without using XP pots. I am like 766, I should hit 780 before the cap change if I keep it up.

I forgot to add the pre made groups to the original post, you get them as you get higher in the MMR and they begin grouping you against pre mades. Glad to hear you're climbing the ladder
    Ad Victoriam!
  • Corpier
    Corpier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually had a lot of fun in BGs during Midyear. The increased interest in in pvp content provided enough players to facilitate shortened que times and added player variety so that I wasn't being matched against the same premade on repeat when I solo or duo que'd.

I don't much mind the cheese builds, and sorcs really are only annoying when they are on your team stealing your kills. If such things are issues they aren't limited to battlegrounds, but are pvp issues in general and therefore are not specifically what makes battlegrounds less fun.

The issues I have with BGs I think could be solved by having pvp events more regularly such as on a montly or weekly basis. Things like Triple Telvar Tuesdays or increased drop rates for BG motifs during the weekends could incentivize more players to participate in such content, reducing ques and increasing variety or who to play against.
    @Corpier | PC/NA CP1300+

My Characters:
    AD
    A Príorí: Highelf - Magicka Sorcerer
    DC
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Nightblade
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    EP
    A Fortiori: Darkelf - Magicka Nightblade
    A Posteriori: Darkelf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Bertha Ironsides: Imperial - Dragonknight Tank
    Corpier: Breton - Magicka Templar
    Corpíer: Orc - Stamina Templar
    CorpÌer: Orc - Stamina Warden
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Necromancer
    Logen'Bloody-Nine'Fingers: Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    Other reason
    MMR locked one of my characters behind a 40 minute + queue. Currently sort of enjoying low mmr when vs other re rolers.
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    MMR locked one of my characters behind a 40 minute + queue. Currently sort of enjoying low mmr when vs other re rolers.

I do the same thing. I got on my Stam DK and was destroying people, but you kinda move up quickly when you do that... Than come the pre made groups lol
    Ad Victoriam!
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other reason
    Queue times too long on my main.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other reason
    I am enjoying it, landgrabs are quite fun for me and like relic running.

I don't play deathmatches much though.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other reason
    We should be able to pick the battleground type and map. I only like deathmatch and the storm controller map is horrendous
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other reason
    I stopped playing for the most part. If I had a legit four man I believe the fights would be more fun but hen the queues would be horrendous. If I queue with a two person it seems to be a decent compromise between time and fun, but then you’re very likely to get matched against good four mans with two complete noobs filling your team. So now I sign in for a couple of matches now and then and that’s it. Sometimes I have fun sometimes I play chaos ball with Sloads and Zaan wearing magplars using soul assault if that’s the case I just finish the round and go do something else or exit eso.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I enjoy it quite a bit
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other reason
    It's fun but CCs need to be reworked. Getting stunned, snared, and then restunned isn't fun.
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    Other reason
    BGs are a blast! Currently my favorite part of the game. I'm a total potato but I'm actually improving and it's been a lot of fun.

I just wish more people played BGs so the queue would be faster (it's already faster than Cyro or trying to get a Trials group together), and we wouldn't fight the same teams over and over again.
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • Bregilad
    Bregilad
    It's broken
    Too many to list in a poll, but yes, endless fury, rune cage, cancer bows, sload's, stamsorcs with 4k+ weapon damage and high survivability, but sometimes I have fun... when the cancer is on my team.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steel tornado needs to be removed from the game. There should not an AOE execute that takes no skill to aim or use.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's more fun than this poll.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other reason
    I don't cry about all these dumb things. I just keep trying and keep learning - and I actually really like battlegrounds!

Just got the new Stormlords cuirass outfit thingy and it's pretttyyyy!

Sorry but idc about all the haters who just moan about everything.

So ya died. Who cares.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other reason
    Asmael wrote: »
    Queue too long if MMR too high.

this plus + premades when I queu solo
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont play it. It's not fun
    Not anymore, I get steam rolled by Premades. I'm kinda over PvP in general after a few months of playing. I would buy the new outfits though that way I can avoid it entirely.
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    I enjoy battlegrounds with no cheese. Where's that option?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

About the same, I'm usually in there during the same event. Often times more fun than Cyrodiil.

I'll also note I was never in a premade team the whole event, but several times I ended up grouped with competent, experienced players. A few directions like "keep together" in the group chat and we probably looked like a premade team to the other pug groups, but we weren't.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other reason
    What a biased poll is that? I am angry that I am even voting here ...

On topic: I simply enjoy the battlegrounds.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other reason
    What a biased poll is that? I am angry that I am even voting here ...

On topic: I simply enjoy the battlegrounds.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other reason
    Matchmaking is absolutely broken. I could live with all the Sloads, Endless Furies and Steel Tornadoes (that somebody complained about in this topic), if they make working matchmaking system.

These are my observations.

- MMR is a mess. In short words, you wait long to get stomped quickly (this is especially true for deathmatches).
    The worst thing you can do is to queue with your friends just to have some fun in BGs. Average team MMR gets amplified for premades, so after 15 minutes or more of waiting you will end up against some super organized and synergized premade group from high-end PvP guild.

- Solo players can still end up against 4-premade. Summerset was supposed to fix this but nothing changed. The only real fix for this is to split queue into two: solo/duo and full 4-premade.

- Deathmatch needs some kind of objective. Sigil was bad, I admit that. But leaving DM with no objectives at all wasn't the best move. I have excluded DM from my queue for this reason.

- Class balance is rather good. Every class has it's pros and cons in BGs.

Most people will disagree with me that class balance is fine, but look it this way:
    1) Is magsorc bad in BGs? No it isn't.
    2) Is stamsorc bad in BGs? No it isn't but needs a lot of practice and dedication.
    3) Is magNB bad in BGs? No it isn't.
    4) Is stamNB bad in BGs? No it isn't.
    5) Is magWarden bad in BGs? This is debatable. In proper hands and organized group, magWarden can be absolutely devastating.
    6) Is stamwarden bad in BGs? No it isn't.
    7) Is magplar bad in BGs? No it isn't. Actually at least one magplar is mandatory in any solid premade group.
    8) Is stamplar bad in BGs? No it isn't.
    9) Is magDK bad in BGs? No it isn't and some godlike magDKs I've seen lately proved that.
    10) Is stamDK bad in BGs? Debatable like magWarden. It isn't exactly bad, but there is currently no build archetype fitting for a stamDK. Stamsorc is much better at DoT/Bleed builds. StamNB is much better at hit-n-run bursty assassin builds. StamWarden is much better at tanky bruiser builds.

There is a tweak or two needed regarding class balance but matchmaking is currently the worst BG problem and should be TOP priority.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on August 14, 2018 8:02PM
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    It's broken
    Healing is too strong especially post defile nerf. Deathmatch takes forever to wrap up except on noob matches with 1 experienced player.
    Used to love BGs and it was what kept me pvping so much but now it kinda just bums me out to play it...
  • Bregilad
    Bregilad
    It's broken
    But how do people know that the other team is premade? I feel like this is a subjective term for "they were super organized therefore...". I've been in randoms that just naturally clicked... we all worked together. And next match we were all in different groups and got destroyed.

I believe it possible to have a bunch of premades, sure, but I don't know if that's always the case when people complain.
    Piraja27 wrote: »
    Healing is too strong especially post defile nerf.
    It is rather annoying that the healing is so good for some classes like heavy armor plars and DKs... Like DKs who are doing relics and chaosball. It gets tiresome when you are against a competant DK made for survivability.

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have no idea what I’m doing in battlegrounds. I have 10 different toons I can take through them. In full PvE gear. I’ve even won a match. Once. It may have been a fluke.

Battlegrounds are Fun. I’m just not good at them. Had to get over the idea I’d ever win.
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This poll is biased, you obviously don't enjoy them. Don't play them.