The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any Race Any Alliance upgrade

duendology
duendology
✭✭✭✭✭
I tried searching for some coherent information about this upgrade. Can anyone explain how it works really?
And when can I apply it? Does it mean that during character creation I can choose a dark elf and, let's say, Daggerfall Covenant Alliance?
Or does this upgrade is specifically for Imperials since they're considered "neutral"?

I really am confused.
PC/NA
- Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
- Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
- Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
And..
- High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is as you say with the dark elf example. You can play any race in any faction based on how you create the character after this upgrade is applied.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank YOU very much!
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    It is as you say with the dark elf example. You can play any race in any faction based on how you create the character after this upgrade is applied.

What they said, but I'd like to point out it does NOT include Imperial Race. Imperial Race comes with Imperial edition upgrade(and can naturally be created in any alliance even without the Any Race Any Alliance update because Imperials don't belong to a specific faction), which is a completely separate thing.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to buy the Any Race/Any Alliance token and use it BEFORE doing a race change, otherwise you'd only be able to change to the two other races within your alliance, not all races.

• duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for the advice!
    I don't plan to change alliances any time soon (I am in all alliances with different characters, I like it that way) I plan to get this upgrade (along with Imperial pack race) just in case.
    PC/NA
    And..

• r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    I don't plan to change alliances any time soon (I am in all alliances with different characters, I like it that way)

FYI, you cannot change alliances anyway. It's locked in at character creation just like class.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a recent screenshot of my Dunmer that calls Daggerfall Covenant home:

32o6HXb.jpg
  • Daidus
    Daidus
    Is there a way to check if you have it already or not? I can't remember if I bought it or not.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daidus wrote: »
    Is there a way to check if you have it already or not? I can't remember if I bought it or not.

Sure, try to make a new character in a non-native Alliance. You should have all races available to you no matter which Alliance you choose (in the character generation main menu).
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daidus wrote: »

Sure, try to make a new character in a non-native Alliance. You should have all races available to you no matter which Alliance you choose (in the character generation main menu).

Open the crown store, find the upgrade - if you've already got it then it will be greyed out and you won't be able to buy it again.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"