The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Morag Tong Spatter Lenses disappear with specific hats

Ash_In_My_Sujamma
Ash_In_My_Sujamma
✭✭✭✭✭
Today I got "Naryu's Morag Tong Costume" and I was very dissapointed when I realized that even though the lenses, that come with the bundle, are a major adornment they disappear when combined with some hats, probably because they overlap. So just a heads up for anyone that wants to buy this bundle and a personal wish that someone out there will notice this and fix it. Just please don't "fix" it by placing the lenses under the hats section ;) Cheers!
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naryu's Lenses work with her costume with the hood on, and the lenses work with a few other hooded costumes as well. Moving the Lenses to Hats would probably alter that.

It might be better to move Oracle Eyes and Blind Left/Right Eye out of Facial Hair, and move the smaller eyewear out of Adornments. Then just have one subcategory for Eyes. I'm not sure about the Eyelashes; technically it is Facial Hair.
    signing off
  • Sendrik
    Sendrik
    ✭✭✭
    Its really odd that the dwemer glasses and the eye-bandages,both from the same category,can be used with the taesci hat or the modest mourning hat,the same cant be said for the morag tong glasses,really dissapointed...
    A wanderers way never ends.
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sendrik wrote: »
    Its really odd that the dwemer glasses and the eye-bandages,both from the same category,can be used with the taesci hat or the modest mourning hat,the same cant be said for the morag tong glasses,really dissapointed...

So here is what I think is happening. Dwemer glasses cover only the front of the face while naryu's lenses go all around the head. Apparently the lenses overlap with several hats that are too close to the back of the head's geometry thus triggering a code reaction that makes one of the overlaping assets disappear.
    Same thing happens with tabards. Whenever a tabard overlaps with a chest piece the chest piece disappears, but since that would look very off, they made a black or brown jerkin appear underneath the tabard.
    Tbh I don't think they can fix this without altering the appearence of the lenses.
    Edited by Ash_In_My_Sujamma on November 23, 2018 12:41PM
  • Sendrik
    Sendrik
    ✭✭✭
    Dwemer glasses cover only the front of the face while naryu's lenses go all around the head. Apparently the lenses overlap with several hats that are too close to the back of the head's geometry thus triggering a code reaction that makes one of the overlaping assets disappear.

But arent the bandages you can put over your eyes and that are visible on the back of your head,not nearly the same?
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sendrik wrote: »
    Dwemer glasses cover only the front of the face while naryu's lenses go all around the head. Apparently the lenses overlap with several hats that are too close to the back of the head's geometry thus triggering a code reaction that makes one of the overlaping assets disappear.

But arent the bandages you can put over your eyes and that are visible on the back of your head,not nearly the same?

I think it has to do with overlaping geometry. Bandages are just a planar asset while the lenses have some kind of thickness to them. Again it's just a theory and I might be mistaken.
  • MisterGibs
    MisterGibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being incompatible with the Mourning hats was the biggest blow. My witch hunter look will never be complete now.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the fact that the goggles do not work with my top hat but my top hat works with the dwemer goggles is unacceptable. sometimes my steampunk character might want another style of googles to use
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to combine them with the Hedge Wizard's Claw Cap for a scavenger themed outfit but I can't.
  • Sendrik
    Sendrik
    ✭✭✭
    MisterGibs wrote: »
    Being incompatible with the Mourning hats was the biggest blow. My witch hunter look will never be complete now.

I feel your pain,i was aiming for the same look :(