The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Experiencing latency lag when playing from external hard drive

Zablas
Zablas
Soul Shriven
Hello! I've recently installed installed ESO on my external hard drive since my laptop (Dell XPS 13-9360) has a small SSD. I play the game on medium graphics with no fps lag but I noticed that I am getting latency lag for someone reason even though my internet is fine. I wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this as well and is there any way around this?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect very few have ESO on an external drive because of the added latency one could expect .

Much depends on the type of drive and interface to the PC as to how much one would have.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would find a way to run it off of an internal hard drive. I run it off of an SSD just to avoid the delay reading from a traditional internal hard drive.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Zablas
    Zablas
    Soul Shriven
    I would find a way to run it off of an internal hard drive. I run it off of an SSD just to avoid the delay reading from a traditional internal hard drive.

Yeah I'd like to do that, but the game takes up over 90GB and the maximum space on my laptops SSD is 256GB :/ I do play the game on my PC but only weekends since 5/7 days I'm away for university.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zablas wrote: »

Yeah I'd like to do that, but the game takes up over 90GB and the maximum space on my laptops SSD is 256GB :/ I do play the game on my PC but only weekends since 5/7 days I'm away for university.

Understood, but I am frankly surprised it runs at all on an external drive. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you upgrade your laptops SSD? I’ve noticed lots of odd things to cause latency. Even some addon seem to cause added latency.
    Edited by Vapirko on November 23, 2018 1:08AM
  • Zablas
    Zablas
    Soul Shriven
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Can you upgrade your laptops SSD? I’ve noticed lots of odd things to cause latency. Even some addon seem to cause added latency.

Yes that is a possibility. Only a matter of money I guess :D