Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Experiencing latency lag when playing from external hard drive

Zablas
Zablas
Soul Shriven
Hello! I've recently installed installed ESO on my external hard drive since my laptop (Dell XPS 13-9360) has a small SSD. I play the game on medium graphics with no fps lag but I noticed that I am getting latency lag for someone reason even though my internet is fine. I wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this as well and is there any way around this?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect very few have ESO on an external drive because of the added latency one could expect .

Much depends on the type of drive and interface to the PC as to how much one would have.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would find a way to run it off of an internal hard drive. I run it off of an SSD just to avoid the delay reading from a traditional internal hard drive.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Zablas
    Zablas
    Soul Shriven
    I would find a way to run it off of an internal hard drive. I run it off of an SSD just to avoid the delay reading from a traditional internal hard drive.

Yeah I'd like to do that, but the game takes up over 90GB and the maximum space on my laptops SSD is 256GB :/ I do play the game on my PC but only weekends since 5/7 days I'm away for university.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zablas wrote: »

Yeah I'd like to do that, but the game takes up over 90GB and the maximum space on my laptops SSD is 256GB :/ I do play the game on my PC but only weekends since 5/7 days I'm away for university.

Understood, but I am frankly surprised it runs at all on an external drive. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you upgrade your laptops SSD? I’ve noticed lots of odd things to cause latency. Even some addon seem to cause added latency.
    Edited by Vapirko on November 23, 2018 1:08AM
  • Zablas
    Zablas
    Soul Shriven
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Can you upgrade your laptops SSD? I’ve noticed lots of odd things to cause latency. Even some addon seem to cause added latency.

Yes that is a possibility. Only a matter of money I guess :D