The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please remove crawlers and worms from nodes

SootyTX
SootyTX
✭✭✭
The title pretty much says it. Today, probably about half the plant nodes I gathered only had worms or crawlers on them, because some (expletive deleted) players had picked the important resource but left those on the node - wasting my time individually (and I suspect many others) and preventing new plants spawning.

There is no good reason to have these secondary items. Fishing bait can be found in a dozen other ways already, this simply encourages griefing style play from individuals who think its funny to waste other peoples' time and screw with there game experience.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree no one wants fishing items. In fact i dont think people fish at all, wats the point besides getting food for provisioning? I dont think I have a food that requires fish anyways.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • lupusrex
    lupusrex
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I didn't know people could leave the node there with just the worms still in it. I'll have to check my auto-loot text more carefully.

Yes, I mean it makes logical sense why you might pull some worms up with a plant, but it's annoying if for no other reason than that they clog up your inventory.
    Martial Keen-Eye ~ Templar Healer/Archer ~ Daggerfall Covenant

"I ain't done nothin'."
  • Salsadoom
    Salsadoom
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just ask for the plant to be removed if anything is taken so it respawns
  • Saeel
    Saeel
    some of those worms are used in provisioning, not sure about the crawlers though.
  • Mahal
    Mahal
    ✭✭
    Has anyone tested the effect on respawn? I know in many MMOs with multiple resources (e.g. ore and stone in WoW) taking one and leaving the other made the actual resource respawn faster, not slower.
  • jdkorreckpreub18_ESO
    OP, while this is annoying I would just like to say it's probably not griefing. Inventory space is at a premium, and it is possible it's just people not looting what they don't want and not thinking about it.
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    Not on here, leaving something there means it will sit there forever.
  • SootyTX
    SootyTX
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I can tell (and I spent a lot of time running around Stormhaven today) the plants will sit there as normal if only half gathered. And maybe sometimes its just due to inventory space, i know I've been there myself on an hourly basis since pre-release started having to delete things to make room. But I do think that some players will do it on purpose as well, and as any MMO vet knows, there are plenty of that type of player out there.

The game has some great ideas, interesting mechanics(and I have to say very creative dialogue on a lot of quests that has had me laughiing out loud. But it also has a lot of very frustrating elements to it as well, and those are the things that kill player retention, in my experience.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that it's stupid not to loot and destroy if you don't want the bait. Why would you want to reduce the respawn for plants that you thought valuable enough to loot? Even if you don't mind being a jerk, it reduces your access to resources.

Fishing used to be really fun. Before they eliminated fish from cooking recipes and eliminated random items from the loot tables. Currently it seems to be a leisurely way (sometimes) to convert 0 g bait into 3 g fish. I enjoy the mechanics but currently there's very little motivation.
  • pez8897nub19_ESO
    I doubt people do it just to annoy. I left some worms from time to time just due to the limited space I have in my inventory. I agree that they should be removed.
  • RubyTigress
    RubyTigress
    ✭✭✭
    This is a consequence of bag space being tight.

Sometimes I have to remove something from my bag to pick something up-I'm not gonna do that for the worms, though I will for the alchemical ingredients.

you're not being griefed. You're just seeing consequences of other player's making choices in an MMO.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mahal wrote: »
    Has anyone tested the effect on respawn? I know in many MMOs with multiple resources (e.g. ore and stone in WoW) taking one and leaving the other made the actual resource respawn faster, not slower.

It also pissed off the gold farmers/bots. Take the ore, leave the stone. *snicker*
  • SacredWitness
    Having these kinds of things make Elder Scrolls what it is. Nothing forces you to harvest them. Not once did I run into a "grub only" plant. It's not like they're in short supply. Run 20 meters to the next one.
  • SootyTX
    SootyTX
    ✭✭✭
    Having these kinds of things make Elder Scrolls what it is. Nothing forces you to harvest them. Not once did I run into a "grub only" plant. It's not like they're in short supply. Run 20 meters to the next one.

How does having useless harvesting nodes 'make Elder Scrolls what it is'. And who said anything about 'forcing' me to harvest them? Seriously dude, chill out, I'm not lambasting your precious Elder Scrolls franchise.

And the whole point is that over half the plants I went to during that session had no main resource on them, and were preventing others from spawning. If anything, this is a trick the gold farmers will use to deliberately reduce supply.

• Eryndae
    Eryndae
    I would not mind the annoying worms/etc. as much if they were worth a gold or two to vendors, sigh...
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny, I dont remember worms on plants in any TES games Ive played...
  • Ellorienne
    I like the worms, and I like fishing. I'm a completionist so I want to get the achievements. The only time I've left worms on a plant was while I tried to clear inventory space to pick them up, and then someone came and grabbed it while I was organising lol. You can send all your worms my way.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an add-on which auto destroy theses items. Its an easy fix, if you don't want fishing bait taking up your inventory. It also auto sells junk when you click on a vendor and you can also auto repair which I recommend you NEVER do as its cheaper and better to remake your armor instead of repair it.
    Edited by Natjur on April 7, 2014 3:21AM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SootyTX wrote: »
    The title pretty much says it. Today, probably about half the plant nodes I gathered only had worms or crawlers on them, because some (expletive deleted) players had picked the important resource but left those on the node - wasting my time individually (and I suspect many others) and preventing new plants spawning.

There is no good reason to have these secondary items. Fishing bait can be found in a dozen other ways already, this simply encourages griefing style play from individuals who think its funny to waste other peoples' time and screw with there game experience.

I don't think those players did it to be mean or anything. They probably just left the worms and crawlers on the node to conserve inventory space.

That being said, I agree with your post. They should just remove them from nodes all together. That way this doesn't become a problem.

• Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    There is an add-on which auto destroy theses items. Its an easy fix, if you don't want fishing bait taking up your inventory. It also auto sells junk when you click on a vendor and you can also auto repair which I recommend you NEVER do as its cheaper and better to remake your armor instead of repair it.

You mind giving out the name and location of that addon?
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • Destabilizator
    Afaik you cannot even use the fish in provisioning (I have Provisioning 50, but no recipe requiring something from fishing and I got several blue recipes).
    Ditch the crawlers!
    Vertor et revertor.