The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

werewolf roar and infectious claws morphs help

rabidmyers
rabidmyers
✭✭✭✭✭
for pvp what morphs are generally used?

major fracture roar or off balance roar

major defile claws or healing claws?

could anyone give me some help pls, im having a hard time figuring out what to go for
at a place nobody knows
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use the off-balance morph for Roar because of the CP passive that grants 10% extra dmg to off-balance enemies.

I go back and forth on the Claw morph--currently using the healing morph to proc Troll King. The healing morph can proc Major Defile too since it's disease dmg, though it's dependent on RNG and some races are immune to it.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    I use the off-balance morph for Roar because of the CP passive that grants 10% extra dmg to off-balance enemies.

I go back and forth on the Claw morph--currently using the healing morph to proc Troll King. The healing morph can proc Major Defile too since it's disease dmg, though it's dependent on RNG and some races are immune to it.

Don’t forget off balance increases Heavy attack’s Damage by 50%
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭

but wouldnt fracture also increase ur dmg against them too? or is the 10% in exploiter stronger, and u also get large resource return when heavy attacking an off balance player too right? so i guess that is also good
    at a place nobody knows
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When talking CP PvP you dont want to take The Off-balance morph because you will have tactican anyways.

Major fracture is always a big dmg boost to any target though.

Jo'Khaljor
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

but wouldnt fracture also increase ur dmg against them too? or is the 10% in exploiter stronger, and u also get large resource return when heavy attacking an off balance player too right? so i guess that is also good

Major fracture can be considered a 6%-10% increase in actual damage
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »
    When talking CP PvP you dont want to take The Off-balance morph because you will have tactican anyways.

oh yeah that is a good point, so what if u do both cp and non cp? which morph would be good for both/balance? @Ahzek
    Edited by rabidmyers on November 20, 2018 11:42PM
    at a place nobody knows
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ahzek sorry edited my comment so idk if u saw it, but what r ur thoughts?
    at a place nobody knows
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also what weapon of choice do u guys prefer to activate ur ww on? sword and board or dual wield?
    at a place nobody knows
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On the contrary, the off-balance morph is preferable for CP PvP since it gives around the same damage output as deafening roar + comes with other benefits as well.

Ferocious Roar (Off-balance morph)

Pros:
    - When paired with Exploiter passive you gain 10% more damage against off-balanced enemies.
    - You get 50% more damage with heavy attacks on off-balanced enemies
    - You restore 100% (200% as a werewolf) more stamina when doing a heavy attack against an off-balanced enemy*

Cons:
    - Won´t work on targets that are CC-immune
    - You need to rely more on heavy attacking to gain the most out of this morph, and the detection/hitbox for werewolf heavy attacks are unreliable and won´t always connect to your target (especially if they´re moving a lot)

The general rule for off-balance is the following: If you do an heavy attack on an enemy that is off-balanced, you restore 100% more resources (in the case of a werewolf it will be stamina) and stuns the enemy. When stunning the enemy the off-balance effect is consumed. However, since Ferocious Roar is also a stun (hard CC) doing a heavy attack against them will not consume the off-balance effect (since they´re already "stunned"). If you were to get the off-balance effect from the Tactician passive, that off-balance effect would be consumed by your heavy attack. But with Ferocious Roar you get 5 seconds of "free" off-balance that won´t be consumed by your heavy attack.

Deafening Roar (Fracture morph)

Pros:
    - Gives a slightly higher damage boost compared to Ferocious Roar (within 1-3 % more damage)

Cons:
    - Won´t work on CC-immune targets
    - You miss out on the pros from Ferocious Roar

For me Ferocious Roar is a no-brainer for PvP, be it CP or no-CP.
    Edited by Qbiken on November 21, 2018 8:02AM
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^
    what Qbiken said.

also if your team knows about it, they will be able to benefit from it too.

the off-balance morph is just leagues ahead for PvP, not even close.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

On the contrary, the off-balance morph is preferable for CP PvP since it gives around the same damage output as deafening roar + comes with other benefits as well.

Pros:
    - When paired with Exploiter passive you gain 10% more damage against off-balanced enemies.
    - You restore 100% (200% as a werewolf) more stamina when doing a heavy attack against an off-balanced enemy*

Cons:
    - You need to rely more on heavy attacking to gain the most out of this morph, and the detection/hitbox for werewolf heavy attacks are unreliable and won´t always connect to your target (especially if they´re moving a lot)

The general rule for off-balance is the following: If you do an heavy attack on an enemy that is off-balanced, you restore 100% more resources (in the case of a werewolf it will be stamina) and stuns the enemy. When stunning the enemy the off-balance effect is consumed. However, since Ferocious Roar is also a stun (hard CC) doing a heavy attack against them will not consume the off-balance effect (since they´re already "stunned"). If you were to get the off-balance effect from the Tactician passive, that off-balance effect would be consumed by your heavy attack. But with Ferocious Roar you get 5 seconds of "free" off-balance that won´t be consumed by your heavy attack.

Pros:
    - Gives a slightly higher damage boost compared to Ferocious Roar (within 1-3 % more damage)

Cons:

u seem to know alot about werewolf, can i get ur intake on the hircine rage and hircine fortitude morphs?

also what about the claw morphs?
    Edited by rabidmyers on November 21, 2018 9:47AM
    at a place nobody knows
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pros:

Cons:

Pros:

Cons:

u seem to know alot about werewolf, can i get ur intake on the hircine rage and hircine fortitude morphs?

Generally you will want to run hircines fortitude because the heal from rage is pretty laughable and you can get the major brutatlity from potions. On the other hand you can run more defensive potions and use hircines rage, but since pots have a 45 sec cooldown you will still be a lot more vulnerable doing it this way.

Id still say the fracture morph is better for CP PvP because you simply have so much off balance uptime with tactican the other morph doesn't add much. For non CP PvP i would say it depends on your group setup. If you are the only source of fracture it would be a no brainer to take it. IF you maybe have someone with nightmothers gaze or a stam DK etc its pretty useless however.
    Also keep in mind in non CP off balance pretty much only benefits your heavy attacks, since exploiter is disabled.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hircine´s Rage VS Hircine´s Fortitude

When Wolfhunter launched I used Hircine´s Rage since I didn´t want to lose Major Brutality on my werewolf (and brutality pots is kind of a waste in PvP if you ask me, since there´re better potions to utilize). Rather fast I swapped over to Hircine´s Fortitude. While high weapon damage can be useful, you would be surprised how many players you can kill with very low weapon damage as a werewolf. Hircine´s Fortitude is the way to go if you ask me. I would even call the heal nerf-worthy due to how good it is.

Edited by Qbiken on November 21, 2018 11:51AM
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hircine´s Rage VS Hircine´s Fortitude

When Wolfhunter launched I used Hircine´s Rage since I didn´t want to lose Major Brutality on my werewolf (and brutality pots is kind of a waste in PvP if you ask me, since there´re better potions to utilize). Rather fast I swapped over to Hircine´s Fortitude. While high weapon damage can be useful, you would be surprised how many players you can kill with very low weapon damage as a werewolf. Hircine´s Fortitude is the way to go if you ask me. I would even call the heal nerf-worthy due to how good it is.

thanks, also 2 more questions: ur opinion on healing claws or major defile claws? and do u utilize ww on a dual wield bar (if so what enchants) or sword and board?

and whats ur preference for monster sets for ww

sorry for all the q's. never played ww before and there is all these good morphs lol
    at a place nobody knows
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally prefer Claws of Anguish since I´ve never really got any real good use of Claws of Life, but I know some people prefer Claws of Life since the defile-duration of Claws of Life is rather short. So personal preference really. I would try both morphs out if I were you and see what you prefer.

In terms of weapons I use dual-wield on my werewolf bar since it lets me utilize two enchantments while in werewolf form. Shield & Board offers a bit more defensive aspects but with Hircine´s Fortitude you are tanky enough in my opinion. In terms of enchantments anything can work but I personally prefer any combo of the following:
    * Berserk enchant
    * Absorb stamina
    * Absorb magicka
    * Oblivion damage
    * Poison damage
    * Weakening enchant
    * Prismatic (very situational, mostly in Imperial City)

Any monster set can work imo, it´s all up to what you think your build needs. But Trollking, Mighty Chudan, Pirate Skeleton are good defensive monster helmets. For more offensive approach Velidreth, Selene's and Slimecraw are decent options.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally prefer Claws of Anguish since I´ve never really got any real good use of Claws of Life, but I know some people prefer Claws of Life since the defile-duration of Claws of Life is rather short. So personal preference really. I would try both morphs out if I were you and see what you prefer.

In terms of weapons I use dual-wield on my werewolf bar since it lets me utilize two enchantments while in werewolf form. Shield & Board offers a bit more defensive aspects but with Hircine´s Fortitude you are tanky enough in my opinion. In terms of enchantments anything can work but I personally prefer any combo of the following:
    * Berserk enchant
    * Absorb stamina
    * Absorb magicka
    * Oblivion damage
    * Poison damage
    * Weakening enchant

Any monster set can work imo, it´s all up to what you think your build needs. But Trollking, Mighty Chudan, Pirate Skeleton are good defensive monster helmets. For more offensive approach Velidreth, Selene's and Slimecraw are decent options.

hey thank u for all this, ur opinion on armor? 5 heavy or 5 medium? and which werewolf ulti do u prefer, berserker or pack leader and finally what is ur opinions on fury, ravager or seventh legion
    at a place nobody knows
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The off balance roar is definitely better for pvp. I use the fracture one in pve, just for adds tho.
    For claws, it really depends. Do you want to debuff the enemies or heal yourself some. If you don't have a build that focuses on maintaining your magicka for Hircine's blessing, go claws of life.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The off balance roar is definitely better for pvp. I use the fracture one in pve, just for adds tho.
    For claws, it really depends. Do you want to debuff the enemies or heal yourself some. If you don't have a build that focuses on maintaining your magicka for Hircine's blessing, go claws of life.

now claws of life says it heals for 50% of disease dmg done, does this mean u get healed after the duration runs out or whenever u refresh it? similar to dk's burning embers?
    at a place nobody knows
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

* Berserk enchant
    * Absorb stamina
    * Absorb magicka
    * Oblivion damage
    * Poison damage
    * Weakening enchant

hey thank u for all this, ur opinion on armor? 5 heavy or 5 medium? and which werewolf ulti do u prefer, berserker or pack leader and finally what is ur opinions on fury, ravager or seventh legion

Medium VS Heavy
    Medium will give you more damage but you´ll lose survivability compared to heavy. I personally prefer 5 Heavy over 5 Medium. You can´t deal damage if you´re dead :)

Berserker VS Pack Leader
    If we strictly speak about PvP, Berserker is more damage and Pack Leader is for a more defensive approach (since the direwolves can absorb some damage and making it harder to target you). I´ve seen some people claiming Pack Leader is more damage than Berserker for PvP and I´ve literally no clue what they base those claims on (nothing in the last 3 updates indicates that).

Sets for Werewolf
    - Fury = If you´ve a lot of healing applied to you and feel you can survive a lot of pressure then Fury is a good set.
    - Ravager = Can work if you manage to proc it
    - 7th Legion = Probably the safest bet out of the 3 sets you mentioned.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how do claws of life work? does it heal after the dot is over based on dmg done and u can refresh it anytime u want to get a heal similar to a dk's burning embers? @Qbiken
    Edited by rabidmyers on November 21, 2018 3:13PM
    at a place nobody knows
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how do claws of life work? does it heal after the dot is over based on dmg done and u can refresh it anytime u want to get a heal similar to a dk's burning embers? @Qbiken

each tick of Disease DoT (so not the initial hit) will get you a small heal.

it can be significant against multiple targets in PvE, but in PvP the Defile morph has the potential to negate much more enemy healing than what this morph would heal you.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »

it can be significant against multiple targets in PvE, but in PvP the Defile morph has the potential to negate much more enemy healing than what this morph would heal you.

so as the dot is ongoing u r getting healed each tick? sounds pretty good and the major defile on other morph only lasts 4 seconds, wont that require u to use it more often thus draining ur stam?
    at a place nobody knows
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so as the dot is ongoing u r getting healed each tick? sounds pretty good and the major defile on other morph only lasts 4 seconds, wont that require u to use it more often thus draining ur stam?

Yes you are getting healed each tick, but for a low amount unless you have hit quite a few enemies with the ability.

Yes the Major Defile only lasts 4 seconds, and yes it will cost quite a lot to maintain, but yes it is worth it because it can be the strongest debuff in the game (unless you plan to kill your enemy with pure burst but this isn't what werewolf is about).

With enough points in befoul, major Defile will nearly cut your enemy's healing in half, so in a pressure scenario (again, not burst) this can mean as much as doubling your damage.

As a PvP werewolf you should nearly never use the howl in a sustained fight, so all your stamina is available for fear, claws and defensive actions.
    Edited by Aznox on November 21, 2018 5:17PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes you are getting healed each tick, but for a low amount unless you have hit quite a few enemies with the ability.

Yes the Major Defile only lasts 4 seconds, and yes it will cost quite a lot to maintain, but yes it is worth it because it can be the strongest debuff in the game (unless you plan to kill your enemy with pure burst but this isn't what werewolf is about).

With enough points in befoul, major Defile will nearly cut your enemy's healing in half, so in a pressure scenario (again, not burst) this can mean as much as doubling your damage.

As a PvP werewolf you should nearly never use the howl in a sustained fight, so all your stamina is available for fear, claws and defensive actions.

if ur an argonian in medium armor would the claws of life be good then? or is the major defile just that much superior in every way?
    at a place nobody knows
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if ur an argonian in medium armor would the claws of life be good then? or is the major defile just that much superior in every way?

You should try both, morph respect is quick and relatively cheap.

I'd say the only situation where i would run claws of life in PvP is :

- you want to use both troll king and the big heal morph meaning you can't use lingering pots because you need major brutality from pots

AND/OR

- you want to burst one target while fighting among many other targets, such as when you are zerg surfing

again, always try by yourself when you can
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭

Major defile is an extremely strong debuff. The only reason that I chose claws of life, is that it will proc Troll King. And I run disease damage on one of my weapons (absorb stam for the other), which gives me a 20% chance (I think) to apply major defile just by light attacking.

As for the sets, please note that if you are currently learning (like me) that Torugs is broken on WW. All your bleed ticks will proc your weapon enchants. This is completly OP, as you enchants will proc every 2 secs even if you stop attacking your target, if you have infused weapons.
    But using this set will effectively forbid you to whine about all other cheese builds :p
    Edited by Swomp23 on November 21, 2018 6:47PM
    XBox One - NA
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should try both, morph respect is quick and relatively cheap.

I'd say the only situation where i would run claws of life in PvP is :

- you want to use both troll king and the big heal morph meaning you can't use lingering pots because you need major brutality from pots

AND/OR

- you want to burst one target while fighting among many other targets, such as when you are zerg surfing

again, always try by yourself when you can

so essentially claws of life basically replaces lingering health pots? im using the big heal morph and seems to me that using weapon power pots for the major brut, major endurance and the crit would be really good
    at a place nobody knows