The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamina Templar PVP Build for Murkmire: Lets Go Beastmode ! Stamplar is back !

iCelticOwnU
iCelticOwnU
✭✭
I have been a stamina templar MAIN since the game came out on Xbox in 2015. It has been some harsh years for the stamina templar but finally it is in a good place. I have done alot of theory crafting with tons of different sets, abilities and rotations (spent way too much gold i might add) I can finally say I have found a great combination of weapons, skills and sets etc that really make the stamplar shine. Murkmire has been a great patch for stamplar. Tested out my rotation and set up last night in some BG matches and have left an image bellow to show how well it can perform. Feel free to comment and i will update the post as need be for anyone trying to learn or figure out a good stamplar PVP set up.

[img][/img]The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-Tamriel-Unlimited-3.png

My current set up is:

Race: Orc

Gear: 5 medium 2 heavy

sets are:

5 x Bonepirate
5 x Ravager
1 x Might Chudan
1 x Pirate Skeleton

2H Sword: Nirnhoned (Front Bar) Crushing Enchant

Skills:

Power of the light (huge damage)
Biting Jabs (will proc Ravager ALOT)
Exectioner (Execute , will proc crushing enchant)
Rally (heal and buff)
Dizzying Swing (Main Stun, also will proc crushing enchant)

Ultimate: Dawnbreaker of Smiting

Dual Wield: Infused (Back Bar) Weapon Damage Enchant / Disease Enchant

Skills:

Rending Slashes (will proc Weapon enchants)
Quick Cloak (will proc Weapon enchants + Ravager)
Vigor
Extended Ritual
Restoring Focus

Ultimate: Empowering Sweep

Notes:
I have come to learn that the new changes to the enchants have really helped maintain a lot of damage on this set up.

Using Empowering sweep is a major advantage to reducing incoming damage due to Major Protection, and has a very low ultimate cost. Very helpful when 1vX players.
Makes this set up very tanky although we are wearing medium armor

Another important point is that Dizzying Swing is very clunky and hard to hit. This is why i use Quick Cloak, immediately before bar swapping and using dizzy swing. This helps alot to ensure the ability hits the target. Takes some practice but works great !

Quick Cloak has multiple purposes for this build:
1. Procs weapon Enchants
2. Procs Ravager
3. Reduces AOE damage by 25%
4. Gives major expedtion to allow easier dizzying swing hits and enhanced mobility.

Please feel free to comment any questions and I will be more than willing to help out anyone trying to learn Stamplar on Xbox or become better.

• Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    So basically what most stamplars were already running minus troll king and masters DW backbar.
    Blade Cloak can proc ravager even if cast on masters DW bar after you swap, just a fun fact.

Good build thought, glad to see Stamplar being in good place even tho I don't PvP on mine any more.
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has been hardline meta basically forever. Also stamplar isn't "back" it's been strong for a long time.

Based on your description I can tell you know how to play it well though. Glhf.
    Edited by Solariken on November 15, 2018 4:32PM
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    This has been hardline meta basically forever. Also stamplar isn't "back" it's been strong for a long time.

the only thing different is using quick cloak and the explanation of such. Great ability and hope more stamplars run it for easy enchant management. I run a similar weapon ability on my magplar and the utility it provides outshines the range.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How do you get by with no snare/root management tool? Why run Restoring Focus when you have Bone Pirate, instead of getting magicka for more purges (and thus snare/root management) with Channeled Focus?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is this thread copypasted in nonPvP section as well?
    Options
  • iCelticOwnU
    iCelticOwnU
    ✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    How do you get by with no snare/root management tool? Why run Restoring Focus when you have Bone Pirate, instead of getting magicka for more purges (and thus snare/root management) with Channeled Focus?

Snare/root removal is done by Extended Ritual, removing 5 harmful effects instantly. Restoring focus gives me 5280 spell and physical resistance, on top of the extra stamina regen. Having high stamina regen is a must for stamplars especially since i use blad cloak alot to help my dizzying swing hit better. hope this helps
    Options
  • iCelticOwnU
    iCelticOwnU
    ✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

yeah i agree although i done see many people using the 1 piece 1 piece monster set for extra resistances. thought i would put it out there for newbies to stamplar. thanks great build lots of fun.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Snare/root removal is done by Extended Ritual, removing 5 harmful effects instantly. Restoring focus gives me 5280 spell and physical resistance, on top of the extra stamina regen. Having high stamina regen is a must for stamplars especially since i use blad cloak alot to help my dizzying swing hit better. hope this helps

I'm a templar main, I know how Ritual works. It's hard for me to feel as though Ritual is a viable replacement for shuffle if you have no way to maintain a solid magicka pool. You only get what, 3 Rituals? before you're OOM without Channeled, meaning I suspect you've just gotten used to playing while snared. That's great if you've adapted to that, but I was asking how you managed to adapt to not always having on-demand snare/root removal.

Then again, it looks like you play on console -- it may be that the clunkiness of the controls means constant, reliable mobility is not as crucial on console.

Since stamplars have never had high stamina regen until this patch and yet still managed to perform at high levels, I disagree that it is a must, regardless of your skill bars. But that's in large part a personal playstyle thing.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • iCelticOwnU
    iCelticOwnU
    ✭✭

I'm a templar main, I know how Ritual works. It's hard for me to feel as though Ritual is a viable replacement for shuffle if you have no way to maintain a solid magicka pool. You only get what, 3 Rituals? before you're OOM without Channeled, meaning I suspect you've just gotten used to playing while snared. That's great if you've adapted to that, but I was asking how you managed to adapt to not always having on-demand snare/root removal.

Then again, it looks like you play on console -- it may be that the clunkiness of the controls means constant, reliable mobility is not as crucial on console.

Since stamplars have never had high stamina regen until this patch and yet still managed to perform at high levels, I disagree that it is a must, regardless of your skill bars. But that's in large part a personal playstyle thing.

ok gotcha dident know your expertise. I main a stamplar and also have a magplar for pvp. You do make a good point that switching to the magicka version could help me get more magicka sustain. I usually dont have much issues with being snared or rooted. i just roll dodge out of the roots, and purify for snares.

Also use tri pots so if i need another cleanse i will pop a potion.... so no issue with not having enough mag.

Lastly sometimes use berserker rage instead of dawnbreaker which lets me move at full speed for 8 seconds regardless of what my target does and makes me tanky AF with good mobility. quick cloak has helped me land dizzying swings alot easier on consoloes, not sure how it is on PC but dizzy is hard to hit on console...
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2h ult is gold, just wanted to add that

Extended Ritual is the bee's knees in this meta

Quick question: what armor traits? Full impen or got some well-fitted in there?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • iCelticOwnU
    iCelticOwnU
    ✭✭
    2h ult is gold, just wanted to add that

Extended Ritual is the bee's knees in this meta

Quick question: what armor traits? Full impen or got some well-fitted in there?

Yeah the 2H ultimate is pretty good , but dawnbreaker hits so fing hard when ravager is procd...
    yeah extended ritual is one of the best skills in the game IMO.

I make sure i have atleast 1900 inpen (to include champ points) then the rest can be divines or well fitted.
    Think i currently have 5 inpen 1 divine 1 wellfitted. wearing medium armor so well fitted is not needed as much (reduce cost of roll dodge) + am orc for reduced sprint cost.
    Options
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You bar setup is almost the same as mine, except I removed rending slashes and have repentence slotted. Imo that is one of the best skills for open world play, both group and solo. But nice to see other stamplars run dizzy swing.

Reason I dropped bleeds is because I run blackrose dw. It is amazing for moments when you get a lot of pressure, and I don't think bleeds are worth a place on my bar without master dw. And tbh I don't even miss it that much.

I would however use troll king. Especially since you are an orc and use tripots. The lost resistance can be compensated by using 2 protective on jewels. You would still have enough stamina because of bone pirate. And then I would recommend dropping rally for forward momentum. Rally is pure and utter dog ***. It gives a mediocre heal like every 10 sec. That really won't save you when you are pumped full of bleeds, procs and dots. Imo it would be better to have superior mobility from FM and save your purges for all the bleeds/procs. Using it for snare removal is not efficient, since you can be immediately resnared after a purge.

From what I have tested, FM + troll king + 2 protective gives better healing and survivability than rally + 1 chudan + 1 pirate.
    Options
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stronger last patch imo. Whatever though, i've moved on to greener pastures. Got tired of getting hard countered by magdks, stam sorcs, and good stamblades.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
    Options
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭
    I have been a stamina templar MAIN since the game came out on Xbox in 2015. It has been some harsh years for the stamina templar but finally it is in a good place. I have done alot of theory crafting with tons of different sets, abilities and rotations (spent way too much gold i might add) I can finally say I have found a great combination of weapons, skills and sets etc that really make the stamplar shine. Murkmire has been a great patch for stamplar. Tested out my rotation and set up last night in some BG matches and have left an image bellow to show how well it can perform. Feel free to comment and i will update the post as need be for anyone trying to learn or figure out a good stamplar PVP set up.

[img][/img]The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-Tamriel-Unlimited-3.png

My current set up is:

Race: Orc

Gear: 5 medium 2 heavy

sets are:

5 x Bonepirate
    5 x Ravager
    1 x Might Chudan
    1 x Pirate Skeleton

2H Sword: Nirnhoned (Front Bar) Crushing Enchant

Skills:

Power of the light (huge damage)
    Biting Jabs (will proc Ravager ALOT)
    Exectioner (Execute , will proc crushing enchant)
    Rally (heal and buff)
    Dizzying Swing (Main Stun, also will proc crushing enchant)

Ultimate: Dawnbreaker of Smiting

Dual Wield: Infused (Back Bar) Weapon Damage Enchant / Disease Enchant

Skills:

Rending Slashes (will proc Weapon enchants)
    Quick Cloak (will proc Weapon enchants + Ravager)
    Vigor
    Extended Ritual
    Restoring Focus

Ultimate: Empowering Sweep

Notes:
    I have come to learn that the new changes to the enchants have really helped maintain a lot of damage on this set up.

Using Empowering sweep is a major advantage to reducing incoming damage due to Major Protection, and has a very low ultimate cost. Very helpful when 1vX players.
    Makes this set up very tanky although we are wearing medium armor

Another important point is that Dizzying Swing is very clunky and hard to hit. This is why i use Quick Cloak, immediately before bar swapping and using dizzy swing. This helps alot to ensure the ability hits the target. Takes some practice but works great !

Quick Cloak has multiple purposes for this build:
    1. Procs weapon Enchants
    2. Procs Ravager
    3. Reduces AOE damage by 25%
    4. Gives major expedtion to allow easier dizzying swing hits and enhanced mobility.

Please feel free to comment any questions and I will be more than willing to help out anyone trying to learn Stamplar on Xbox or become better.

Great post! I am on xbox as stamsorc
    I like that you are using dizzy, gives me nostalgia
    Options
  • iCelticOwnU
    iCelticOwnU
    ✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    You bar setup is almost the same as mine, except I removed rending slashes and have repentence slotted. Imo that is one of the best skills for open world play, both group and solo. But nice to see other stamplars run dizzy swing.

Reason I dropped bleeds is because I run blackrose dw. It is amazing for moments when you get a lot of pressure, and I don't think bleeds are worth a place on my bar without master dw. And tbh I don't even miss it that much.

I would however use troll king. Especially since you are an orc and use tripots. The lost resistance can be compensated by using 2 protective on jewels. You would still have enough stamina because of bone pirate. And then I would recommend dropping rally for forward momentum. Rally is pure and utter dog ***. It gives a mediocre heal like every 10 sec. That really won't save you when you are pumped full of bleeds, procs and dots. Imo it would be better to have superior mobility from FM and save your purges for all the bleeds/procs. Using it for snare removal is not efficient, since you can be immediately resnared after a purge.

From what I have tested, FM + troll king + 2 protective gives better healing and survivability than rally + 1 chudan + 1 pirate.

You make some good points and i will try/test it out. From my testing troll king only works well when you have around 25k+ health (with pvp buff). i am around 22k health (i think) so thats why i decided to use increase resistances more so i dont get bursted down so quickly. without the resistances troll king wouldent heal me fast enough before i died. I was also thinking of getting the blackrose prison dual wield on back bar and running Twice Fanged Serpent instead of raveger... what ya think? also what sets do you run
    Options
  • iCelticOwnU
    iCelticOwnU
    ✭✭
    KingLogix wrote: »
    Great post! I am on xbox as stamsorc
    I like that you are using dizzy, gives me nostalgia

hey thanks i also have a stam sorc that is pretty nasty with his dizzys... trying to get my stamplar on par with him since i love templar abilities such as using jabs, power of the light, and purifying. add me on xbox / send me a message so i know its you!

GT: iCeltic Own U
    Edited by iCelticOwnU on November 16, 2018 5:16PM
    Options
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    What jewellery traits and enchants do you use? Mundus stone? Enchants on armor pieces?
    Edited by Bevik on November 17, 2018 10:55PM
    Options
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

You make some good points and i will try/test it out. From my testing troll king only works well when you have around 25k+ health (with pvp buff). i am around 22k health (i think) so thats why i decided to use increase resistances more so i dont get bursted down so quickly. without the resistances troll king wouldent heal me fast enough before i died. I was also thinking of getting the blackrose prison dual wield on back bar and running Twice Fanged Serpent instead of raveger... what ya think? also what sets do you run
    Well imo 22k health is fine for tk, if you build to amplify health regen (like orc + tripot and even artaeum food). You just need to get like at least 20k resists. Can easily reach that with protective. TK helps mostly by getting out of execute range, whereas without it you will often die.

Also you can use TFS, but its gonna drop off often and not be up when you want to quickly burst. I personally prefer to use spriggans or night mothers gaze for pen. Both can be frontbarred so it alows a special weap on backbar.

Sets that I run are ravager + spriggan (frontbar) + TK + Blackrose DW (backbar) in 5 heavy 2 medium. And im a redguard. This build makes me fairly tanky, and still get very good damage from both 5 pieces. I play only no cp and I really don't like medium there.
    Edited by Koensol on November 18, 2018 1:44AM
    Options
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was playing with this setup a bit in Cyro and BGs. Works good, I was using TK to be honest, might try Chudan+Pirate for the resists. I just started doing PvP but suprised how well this works. I changed Dizzy to the gap closer though. The only thing I don't like is the low stamina or low health. 28k stamina seems decent, damage also so I'm happy with them. Health is around 22k with this build. Not golded gear nor fully optimised yet as I lack 1-2 pieces being Impen but I was killing and surviving better than I expected.

Would be nice to have a bow or some far reaching bar but will play this build for a while now.
    Edited by Bevik on November 18, 2018 1:40PM
    Options
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    New to Stamplar. I have both Spriggins and Automaton - which one is “better” to pair with Ravager? Not sure what’s more effective - physical damage vs penetration?

Thanks
    Feannag
    Options
  • iCelticOwnU
    iCelticOwnU
    ✭✭
    Bevik wrote: »
    Was playing with this setup a bit in Cyro and BGs. Works good, I was using TK to be honest, might try Chudan+Pirate for the resists. I just started doing PvP but suprised how well this works. I changed Dizzy to the gap closer though. The only thing I don't like is the low stamina or low health. 28k stamina seems decent, damage also so I'm happy with them. Health is around 22k with this build. Not golded gear nor fully optimised yet as I lack 1-2 pieces being Impen but I was killing and surviving better than I expected.

Would be nice to have a bow or some far reaching bar but will play this build for a while now.

hmmm i am actually around 33k stamina, in BGs it drops down.
    Options
  • iCelticOwnU
    iCelticOwnU
    ✭✭
    Feannag wrote: »
    New to Stamplar. I have both Spriggins and Automaton - which one is “better” to pair with Ravager? Not sure what’s more effective - physical damage vs penetration?

Thanks

I would go with spriggans, i actually have changed the build around a bit and am using spriggans/two fanged snake + ravager + troll king, 5 heavy 2 medium. arteum gold food, orc, and tri pots. original post still works well. if you feel like you need more healing go with heavy and troll king.
    Options
  • iCelticOwnU
    iCelticOwnU
    ✭✭
    I have made some notable changes to this build, increased survivabiltiy by a TON with still great damage... will post if anyone is interested
    Options
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    Please post...definitely interested.
    Feannag
    Options
  • iCelticOwnU
    iCelticOwnU
    ✭✭
    Please post...definitely interested.

6 heavy 1 medium set up

x 2 Troll King
    x 5 Ravagers
    x 5 7th Legion

Boosting Health Recovery: I am at around 4000 health recovery

Troll King +1500 health recovery
    Tri Potions +20% health recovery
    artaeum takeaway broth food (gold) +300 health recovery <very expensive food can use dubious for substitute but health recovery will fall>
    Orc +20%health recovery
    Heavy Armor +20%health recovery
    7th Legion +129 health recovery

I have tested this build in duels against some very bursty nightblades and they could not take me down because of the massive healing you get from this. Also does some very nice damage.
    same skills as above.

Are you on xbox NA server ? I can help you out in game if so.
    Edited by iCelticOwnU on November 20, 2018 3:32PM
    Options
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    On PC NA...what skills are you running?
    Feannag
    Options
  • iCelticOwnU
    iCelticOwnU
    ✭✭
    On PC NA...what skills are you running?

Same skill set up as listed in original post, just changed the gear around.

also switch between dawnbreaker and berserker rage for front bar ultimate. and rememberance for back bar.
    Edited by iCelticOwnU on November 20, 2018 6:45PM
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @iCelticOwnU used that set up in BGs? If so how'd it feel?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting build but I have to say I see a lot of holes with this setup. Do you only do BGs? If so maybe that's why as this build would not last 2 seconds open world.

1900 impenetrable is way too low
    using ritual as a snare removal is insane
    dizzying swing is not really viable when fighting outnumbered
    Bone pirate is bottom tier with the current changes to sustain

Not trying to be rude because I think it is great to have more console people contribute to the forums but this is not a good open world build.

EDIT
    I see you created a new build. Better but to have to rely on 2 proc sets is not advisable as you will almost never be able to line them both up.
    Edited by montiferus on November 20, 2018 9:37PM
    Options
  • iCelticOwnU
    iCelticOwnU
    ✭✭
    @iCelticOwnU used that set up in BGs? If so how'd it feel?

It felt amazing i used it in BGs for a few rounds last night and completely dominated , i think alot of it is just having alot of skill with stamplar since he has been my main char for 3 years, but that set up helps alot to stay alive, super heals for sure. just dodge roll/vigor once troll king goes off and you will be at 100% health super quick.

NOTE
    also dualed a few burtsy nightblades and they couldent take me down, but i surely smacked them around and won like 6 duals in a row
    Edited by iCelticOwnU on November 20, 2018 9:57PM
    Options