The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ele Drain pulls out of sneak now?

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
It appears that Ele Drain is actings as a "revealing" DOT on nightblades. Is this intended? If so - what is the point of piercing mark?
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please let this be true 😇
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it now that piercing mark on mobs agro them. Elemental drain does not, and it reveales NB.

Gues mark is now obsolete.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has Elemental Drain been confirmed to break sneak/invis?
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this would be annoying :no_mouth:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you sure it is elemental drain? Last I knew there was a bug with the soul trap ability that revealed cloaked nbs. Could be that perhaps?
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are so many abilities breaking cloak in lag, just one more wont change much at this point lol
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    Are you sure it is elemental drain? Last I knew there was a bug with the soul trap ability that revealed cloaked nbs. Could be that perhaps?

Yes, tested. Ele Drain is just another of many things rendering sneak useless.
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Read the tool tip on soul assault ulti; you can not cloak for 2 secs after being attacked by this ability. Its not a bug. And cloak/sneak is probably the strongest pvp ability in this game, without any real counter. Dont complain about soul assault breaking it. There should be more skills breaking it, as it is now with the in combat bug and lag it makes the class able to spam it the most forgiving class for any to play.
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭

Read the tool tip on soul assault ulti; you can not cloak for 2 secs after being attacked by this ability. Its not a bug. And cloak/sneak is probably the strongest pvp ability in this game, without any real counter. Dont complain about soul assault breaking it. There should be more skills breaking it, as it is now with the in combat bug and lag it makes the class able to spam it the most forgiving class for any to play.

Soul trap, not Soul Assault.
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone come hit me with a broom handle across the back of my head if I ever slot soul trap to reveal nbs.
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    I have recently seen people using Soul Trap. In PvP...

Perhaps this is why?

I have also noticed ele drain seeming to pull my NBs out of stealth - but I was kind of busy at the time and just assumed that it was something else. Have not tested though.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Soul trap dude. Not soul assault. You know, that skill that no one ever uses?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can it be purged?
    serous question.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

cloak/sneak is probably the strongest pvp ability in this game, without any real counter. .

do people DIE from cloak and sneak?
    serous question.

Edited by Gilvoth on November 22, 2018 6:38PM
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah you can purge Ele drain
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm if elemental drain is preventing cloak after all? I haven't been able to be on to try it.
    Edited by jaime1982 on November 22, 2018 8:12PM
  • Pabston
    Pabston
    ✭✭
    jaime1982 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if elemental drain is preventing cloak after all? I haven't been able to be on to try it.

It's not, tested it. Cloak worked fine
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something was pulling me out of cloak from casters last night, every tick it broke cloak. Had an animation like that dot from the mages guild line, I've never used elemental drain and didn't look at my debuffs because I was busy Dodge rolling and weaving like I was on my Stam sorc.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pabston wrote: »

I didn't test in a controlled environment, but in Cyro I've seen players stealth immediately after I put Elemental Drain on them. I seem to have been able to cloak successfully after it's been placed on me as well.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Pabston wrote: »

I didn't test in a controlled environment, but in Cyro I've seen players stealth immediately after I put Elemental Drain on them. I seem to have been able to cloak successfully after it's been placed on me as well.

Aye, i tried it as well both ways. Didn't do much for my cloak and if i did it on others they could cloak also without problems.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so might be a lag issue. I always seem to have the problem of cloaking though. Seems enemies I face can cloak immediately and get the "miss... miss" on dots without ever coming out of cloak... me? I get pulled out of cloak less than 1 second from entering it.

I'm hoping I got a video clip also of a DK DRAGON LEAPING me whilst cloaked. I was in generic cloak and just sitting waiting for fellow group members to arrive, and the DK turned an looked, ran at me (I was still showing full cloak) and then opened with Ferocious Leap on me as I was still in full cloak. It was as if he saw me...
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

cloak/sneak is probably the strongest pvp ability in this game, without any real counter. .

do people DIE from cloak and sneak?
    serous question.

Figures are estimated to be close to the number of people who DIE from shields.
    serious answer.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried soul trap in a mock duel yesterday. After applying dot cloak worked fine.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. People need to stay and fight instead of cloaking away
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    It appears that Ele Drain is actings as a "revealing" DOT on nightblades. Is this intended? If so - what is the point of piercing mark?

Speak for yourself, but the NBs I was fighting (most of them had ele drain on them) vanished and stayed cloaked for as long as they liked :disappointed: