Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Four Years, No Fix

jrgray93
jrgray93
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I've been pretty annoyed by today's pledges, since both have stupid bugs that evidently will never be fixed.

The door in Wayrest Sewers that you almost always get 1-2 people caught at for being stuck in combat, sometimes for minutes.
FIX IT ALREADY. For god's sake, it has been years. Why not give it the same treatment as doors while running from guards? It can be opened only if you haven't been hit for so long. Drop the combat flag requirement. Being stuck in combat seems to be a bug in every MMO ever, so why not just avoid it altogether?

Blessed Crucible isn't unique in its problem, but NPC heavy attack telegraphs are broken for 2h weapons. The final boss is the problem here. 2h attacks require you to block a solid half-second before they actually complete. You can be blocking and still take the knockback. This is not the case with other heavies, such as sword & shield or DW, where you can block at the end of the telegraph and have it register correctly. Again, fix it already.
Edited by jrgray93 on November 18, 2018 2:18AM
EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wayrest Sewers bug is a very easy fix. Wait for the group to get through the door before you go get aggro. That bug is the result of someone in the group being in a hurry. Take three seconds before you run ahead and problem solved.

and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest wayrest might not be only door like that. Just combat is too close by so this often happens. At last just in case with will pass this along to get looked at.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    To be honest wayrest might not be only door like that. Just combat is too close by so this often happens. At last just in case with will pass this along to get looked at.

Thank you. It is definitely a problem that exists elsewhere, but WS is among the most prominent.

As for people pulling, I've had entire groups trapped behind the door before. It doesn't help if someone gets through and pulls, but the problem starts elsewhere.
  • Lardekbcn
    Lardekbcn
    Soul Shriven
    The problem with that door usually begins with players accidentally pulling the crocodriles under the 1st bridge (or any other mobs) and not killing them. They keep you stuck in combat even if you don't see them as enemies in your compass. If you make sure to kill every single one of them before reaching the door the problem should not be there anymore ;)
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. More often than not, it's the crocodiles.

Really though, that door shouldn't exist anymore.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    The Wayrest Sewers bug is a very easy fix. Wait for the group to get through the door before you go get aggro. That bug is the result of someone in the group being in a hurry. Take three seconds before you run ahead and problem solved.

would be better if the bug isnt present at all.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those problems can be avoided by players but they are plain annoying and could be easily fixed bu zos
  • Gatviper
    Gatviper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wayrest door bug is easy to fix, type /reloadui then after you're back in game the combat should stop after 2-3 seconds and you can go through. Agreed though, it's a very and ignored bug.
    Life is a ride, like days in a train, cities rush by, like ghosts in the night.
    The rhythm of wheels, time fades away, stations of a journey, destination unknown.
  • imcloud9
    imcloud9
    ✭✭
    this is the same for most dungeon doors to stop you running away from the fight same goes when you enter if the team is fighting you just wait for the team to kill or be killed for rushing :p

it's more annoying when you have lag or slow loading screen then you load in and they are fighting the boss while you have to stand and watch because the gate/door closed on you
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blackheart Haven does the same thing. Then you get to looking for the one stray archer that insists on remaining in combat yet won't path up to produce LoS. CoS's final gate can do the same, sometimes when an add gets stuck in the environment.

Once the trigger is down (usually the Boss guarding said entrance/exit) and the immediate associated mobs, the door should be accessible. One way doors (Wayrest, as you're not climbing back up if you've aggro'd the boss on the other side) shouldn't restrict entry to join the fight.

If the boss is down and you've taken no damage in 5-10 seconds (not attempted damage), the door should be open to all.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been locked out of the engine guardian fight. I was able to heal through the door, but it was interesting.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive been locked out of the engine guardian fight. I was able to heal through the door, but it was interesting.
    That one's legit after boss is engaged, though. Groups can sprint past the boss without aggro.

EG door doesn't prevent you from entering in the first place, unlike the others do.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »

would be better if the bug isnt present at all.

Would be even better if the situation were as described by @kargen27 , but that's not the case. Nobody needs to rush and/or get aggro for doors to bug out in wayrest, especially the one after the 2nd(?) boss. It's just a fact that most times some group members won't be able to use the door for a few seconds to a few minutes.
  • Wrathmane
    Wrathmane
    ✭✭✭
    Lol... your worried about a door.... what about the game constantly freezing and kicking you out to the login screen..... much bigger issue to worry about IMO.
    Sha'ria Wrathmane - Belora Wrathmane - Leora Wrathmane
    Former Head of Recruitment for Vokundein
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrathmane wrote: »
    Lol... your worried about a door.... what about the game constantly freezing and kicking you out to the login screen..... much bigger issue to worry about IMO.

Lol I don't have this issue because I don't play on a potato or console. So yes, I'm oddly not worried about a problem that doesn't exist for me.
    Edited by jrgray93 on November 19, 2018 5:36PM
  • DCanadianBacon
    DCanadianBacon
    ✭✭✭
    I'll tell you that the reason this still exists is because of the stuck in Combat bug more than anything. The easiest thing to fix it is to make sure you've killed the last trash mob crocodile before fighting Slimecraw. That specific croc almost always gets tagged by a stray tic of Grounded AoE when people are clearing the rats across the first bridge. Make sure to kill that croc first, and you should all be able to get through the door no problem.

But still, ZoS, please fix getting stuck in combat bugs in general (I'm still getting stuck in combat in Cyrodiil for like 2 minutes after disengaging), or just get rid of that croc spawn.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually stopped to kill the crocs on my last run, just before making this thread. Maybe we missed a different mob elsewhere, but those were 200% dead.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. The bug is cause by not killing the crocodiles in the first room. Your AOEs aggro then under the grates and they never path up to you so it keeps you in combat.

Every time I’ve jumped down and killed them, my group has had zero door problems.