Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar bug

Vallran
Vallran
Soul Shriven
I apply templar`s ability "Total Dark - Eclipse morph" on target player.
Usually when i apply this ability on target player and target player is not breaking free or duration of Total Dark is not over, im able to use CC ability right next to Total Dark - Eclipse ability and CC is procing.
For some reason after using Total Dark ability on target player i use CC ability after that, target is not affected by CC, nontheless target player doesnt have any immunity aura to CC abilities at that moment.
Eclipse started to work so wrong after the release of Murkmire.
Repeatedly wrote about this bug in the game and Online Support Team!
My video feedback in youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyTpH_UMWEg
  • GetMoney
    GetMoney
    True. Don't work since release Murkmire, zos fix pls or tell us that it was intended.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    This is intended. Eclipse and its morphs are considered crowd control abilities; when you are hit by a crowd control ability, you can't be crowd controlled by another crowd control effect.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is intended. Eclipse and its morphs are considered crowd control abilities; when you are hit by a crowd control ability, you can't be crowd controlled by another crowd control effect.

@ZOS_GinaBruno you're misunderstanding what OP said. Before Murkmire, applying Eclipse to a player didn't automatically grant them CC immunity -- only breaking free from the Eclipse granted CC immunity. As you can see in the video OP posted, now players cannot be stunned while Eclipse is on them, even though they haven't broken free from the Eclipse. Is that intended? It has never worked that way before (templar main here; I've used Eclipse thousands of times and it has never worked the way it has in OP's video).
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This definitely not how it worked before the update. You can even see when total dark is applied CC immunity is not active by the players feet.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno you're misunderstanding what OP said. Before Murkmire, applying Eclipse to a player didn't automatically grant them CC immunity -- only breaking free from the Eclipse granted CC immunity. As you can see in the video OP posted, now players cannot be stunned while Eclipse is on them, even though they haven't broken free from the Eclipse. Is that intended? It has never worked that way before (templar main here; I've used Eclipse thousands of times and it has never worked the way it has in OP's video).

Yea, @ZOS_GinaBruno you used to CC while the bubble was on them unless they CC broke or let the duration run out to get the CC immunity.

You could also double cast the bubble, but on the second cast it would instantly apply the cc immunity, unless this changed.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Joy_Division

Could you take a look at this please
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit:
    Sounds like Gina is saying ZOS never intended for this ability to let other CC's hit so they changed it to grant CC immunity on casts.

templars, if you are using it ability, don't use any other CC mechanic. You will see stamina drain, but you have to practice using it to interrupt your targets combos.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please fix it so that it doesn't take 2 seconds to be visible and about that long to even break free from it.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was the only redeeming quality of this skill is that you could still hard CC the target until the eclipse ended
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my.

Definitely did not work that way before Murkmire. If what's on Live is intended, an already pretty niche skill just got noticeably more niche and less useful.

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It made to prevent possibility to stack Eclipse on cc immuned enemies, and have bubble even on enemies with cc immunity, allowing previously to grant enemy only 2sec of immunity to bubble.
    On other side it made uniqueness of this CC to work against caster, like Luminous once.
    P.S.: it was on pts of U20 since first day btw.
    Edited by Cinbri on November 16, 2018 5:28PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh my.

Definitely did not work that way before Murkmire. If what's on Live is intended, an already pretty niche skill just got noticeably more niche and less useful.

They didn’t change anything of the skill from the patch notes. Other than CC break free reliability changes that’s the only thing that I think would effect this.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my.

its possible they are gearing it up to receive a lingering debuff/hot during the bubble and cc immunity.

That is what it looks like to me, while also making sure the ability functions like a cc (except for the fact it isn't a cc lol).
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another nail in the coffin for another one of Templar's useless class skills.
    Should just do away with Eclipse altogether and bring back Blinding Flashes, tbqh.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another nail in the coffin for another one of Templar's useless class skills.
    Should just do away with Eclipse altogether and bring back Blinding Flashes, tbqh.

AOE total dark :trollface:
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm...I thought I was still stunning players with Toppling Charge even with Total Dark still on them. I guess I haven't been paying attention. I'll be more observant tonight. But this was one of the perks of using Total Dark. If a player chose to break free, then you couldn't stun them and they had cc immunity. But if they didn't, then you could stun them. In my opinion, enemy players should be forced to make this decision.

And it's really irritating that they mess with things like this and then cannot fix the "in combat" bug in Cyrodiil. And not only are you stuck in combat like forever, but they decided to fix it so that you can no longer change a skill while in combat. So you go far away from the battle, wait for 10+ minutes, and realize that you either have to kill yourself to slaughter fish or completely log out of the game.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Oh my.

They didn’t change anything of the skill from the patch notes. Other than CC break free reliability changes that’s the only thing that I think would effect this.

Lots of changes with important gameplay implications never see the patch notes.

For example, you used to be able to jump off wall, pull enemy with DK chain while in the air, and they would get pulled with you to the ground where you fell. Not anymore - all they get is a short stun now.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Oh my.

Lots of changes with important gameplay implications never see the patch notes.

For example, you used to be able to jump off wall, pull enemy with DK chain while in the air, and they would get pulled with you to the ground where you fell. Not anymore - all they get is a short stun now.

One reason they don’t list every change is that they often don’t know they’re making them. It seems quite common for them to tweak something in one are of the game that results in large, unintended changes in an apparently unrelated area. (For instance, the recent Cloudrest bugs, which came in a patch that made zero changes to trials.) ZOS can’t tell us about every change because many changes are just as surprising to ZOS as they are to us.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Gorrest
    Gorrest
    ✭✭✭

bc1tkkp815cf.png
    -PvP Characters-

AD Mag DK, Mc Flabben
    AD Mag Templar, Gorrest
    AD Mag Sorc, Edrene Kingsley
    AD MagWarden, Mc Woflen
    EP Stam Sorc, Elder Procs Online
    DC Stam DK, One Shot Online
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

I think she does understand. It’s considered a CC so that means once you cast it on a player that player is granted immunity so long as they’re in the bubble, and for the appropriate time after the effect ends. Seems very reasonable. It’s just an odd case because it’s the only CC that could allow for a double CC easily. But for example if youre hit with a dizzy swing, you can’t also be foissilized in midair despite not having CC broken yet.
    Edited by Vapirko on November 19, 2018 6:34AM
  • Gorrest
    Gorrest
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

I think she does understand. It’s considered a CC so that means once you cast it on a player that player is granted immunity so long as they’re in the bubble, and for the appropriate time after the effect ends. Seems very reasonable. It’s just an odd case because it’s the only CC that could allow for a double CC easily. But for example if youre hit with a dizzy swing, you can’t also be foissilized in midair despite not having CC broken yet.

Every CC you can double CC(Even Triple if you time it good) someone. The thing with your example Dizzy Swing "stun" ends when you are in the air hence why you cant be CC when you are in midair. However, you happen to get CC after WB hits you but before you get to the go mid air you can still get CCed. Its one of the reasons why you saw Jav double CC people alot. It use to work really good with Reverb(Still does) because that CC doesnt end until you step back. So you can usually(If you got good ping) spam it and chain CC people with it. Highest I gotten was around 5 in a row.
    Edited by Gorrest on November 19, 2018 7:00AM
    -PvP Characters-

AD Mag DK, Mc Flabben
    AD Mag Templar, Gorrest
    AD MagWarden, Mc Woflen
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorrest wrote: »

Every CC you can double CC(Even Triple if you time it good) someone. The thing with your example Dizzy Swing "stun" ends when you are in the air hence why you cant be CC when you are in midair. However, you happen to get CC after WB hits you but before you get to the go mid air you can still get CCed. Its one of the reasons why you saw Jav double CC people alot. It use to work really good with Reverb(Still does) because that CC doesnt end until you step back. So you can usually(If you got good ping) spam it and chain CC people with it. Highest I gotten was around 5 in a row.

Hmm, is that the real reason the removed the knock back from javalin? Lol. I know I’ve seen it happen with Jav but I’ve not seen it happen with other CC, and I was always under the impression and double or triple CC was unintended. At any rate it seems like we should steer clear of abilities that can have a double CC effect. That ability is already pretty strong and officially making it a double CC ability opens up the path for more CC to follow suite. Frankly, given ZOS’ track record with fixing CC I don’t think going double CC is a good place for them to mess around.
  • Gorrest
    Gorrest
    ✭✭✭

Hmm, is that the real reason the removed the knock back from javalin? Lol. I know I’ve seen it happen with Jav but I’ve not seen it happen with other CC, and I was always under the impression and double or triple CC was unintended. At any rate it seems like we should steer clear of abilities that can have a double CC effect. That ability is already pretty strong and officially making it a double CC ability opens up the path for more CC to follow suite. Frankly, given ZOS’ track record with fixing CC I don’t think going double CC is a good place for them to mess around.

Unlikely that was removed because of the bug mainly, because the Mag version still exist. But all CCs have 2 forms of stages.
    One that you cant CC break from, the other you can break from. Most stuns have very little time that you cant CC break from(Usually like .2-.3 seconds). One of the biggest ones you can see for yourself is the knockback from Draining Shot. The first half of the knockback you cant CC break. If you try, you will bash the air. In during that time you are flying backwards you can be CC again. It use to have a huge time for the cant CC break stage back when people use to Draining Shot into dodge roll to cancel it, so they can cast it again before the CC cant break period hence stunning the person again.

Edit: With Draining Shot it was also funny running with someone else and timing your draining shots to be .1 seconds from each other(The latency from voice should be enough). Doing this will knock the player back twice which you can push people from the top of the outpost when you are below under the grate.
    Edited by Gorrest on November 19, 2018 7:37AM
    -PvP Characters-

AD Mag DK, Mc Flabben
    AD Mag Templar, Gorrest
    AD MagWarden, Mc Woflen
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gorrest wrote: »

bc1tkkp815cf.png

So I guess it’s just like this now.
    Edited by Koolio on November 29, 2018 3:23AM
  • Vallran
    Vallran
    Soul Shriven

Are you guys kidding me, that is, you just took without trial and without investigation kill my character!? without writing about it even in patch notes (you didn't even do it! if it was supposed to be) look at the DK the ability to Fossilize is that?given in the block, in the Dodge, and even lights up when the character has no control!what is that, imda ability?!you at all know about this, know about how that in your game is happening?This "nerfing" Eclipse all out!smart players will never run with it!(I inform you because you don't know about it probably)!It's called bullying your players!I demand that you deal with this issue is not just writing about it in the patch notes, and to do as it was before!
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hopefully this can be re-examined. It feels terrible now and completely messes up about 10 different Templar builds.

Why was this changed again without notes?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully this can be re-examined. It feels terrible now and completely messes up about 10 different Templar builds.

Why was this changed again without notes?

Zos likes to sneak in the best changes lol
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So this ever changing back?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nope. It's a feature now.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

nope. It's a feature now.

I had to explain to a friend of mine when to use it because he kept putting it on someone running away and gave them CC immunity