The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My Linchal Dwarven Bunker

gtnorrell
gtnorrell
✭✭
I transformed my Linchal Grand Manor into a Dwarven Bunker just over a year ago for a housing contest I was entering. There is a video of it on YouTube composed and published by NinjaMonkey0169 that also includes my wife's house which was entered into a different category in the same housing contest. Hers was a Christmas themed house done at Hakvild's with some Narnia hints complete with massive tree centerpiece and a carousel. That video can be found here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Pyh9v9toMxg&t=444s

I built the entire building by hand around the pool area at Linchal. I used scavenged grates and ornate plates to make a faux floor over the pool, making it possible to still see the water below. I used nearly 300 wide scavenged plates to build the building, taking me nearly 3 months to get the dome effect perfected. I would have been able to do it quicker now, but I built the building before I knew about housing addons that modified the furnishing placing UI. I also built in 3 stories of grating catwalk systems that allow you to access every inch of piping and mechanisms throughout the building. I am an Architect Major so I felt they needed a system to support them that made sense so each grate is suspended from the ceiling with at least 2 Clockwork bars.

I hope you all enjoy it, I had a lot of fun making it. if you would like to see it in person just leave a comment here or send me a message directly here or in-game. My in-game name is @gtnorrell

mdisvqxn73fj.png
nz9i8pbcah7c.png
sg2xs5eexhx9.png
l0diw4q8pk73.png
07stnuqygtmy.png
7hvchu4rjwu4.png
e51pb3gw1kr4.png
14opfti1ki4l.png
c1gsegrcyufn.png
207h2fafkmwa.png
k0976vre6m3e.png
wdtij0z5idtq.png
w8d5k4ahczcq.png
srpik2lhx1ty.png
acxqpl828ftu.png
2zo6vgt3k3nv.png
92wu7jbs98zc.png
panhagon62ep.png
mnjtx5voj6rq.png
688t7l19nn65.png
feza5jk6us2r.png
zbwo277ost0v.png
l1pfgr8q5n71.png
Edited by gtnorrell on November 16, 2018 12:35AM
"I was lurking behind a Dark Anchor chain link, preparing to terrify an approaching Soul Shriven by suddenly knocking her down and sneering, "No match at all," when I suddenly felt a strange tingling all over, from my horns down to my toes. I grew dizzy as the plane spun around me, nearly fell into a pool of blue plasm, and then suddenly felt myself hurled into an endless black void." -Excerpt from I was Summoned by a Mortal by Kynval Zzedenkathik of Clan Deathbringer
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impressive!
  • gtnorrell
    gtnorrell
    ✭✭
    Thanks @dwemer_paleologist I am glad you liked it
    "I was lurking behind a Dark Anchor chain link, preparing to terrify an approaching Soul Shriven by suddenly knocking her down and sneering, "No match at all," when I suddenly felt a strange tingling all over, from my horns down to my toes. I grew dizzy as the plane spun around me, nearly fell into a pool of blue plasm, and then suddenly felt myself hurled into an endless black void." -Excerpt from I was Summoned by a Mortal by Kynval Zzedenkathik of Clan Deathbringer
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats not a dwemer bunker, thats almost completly clockwork. pretty good if you intended to do a brass theme. Somewhat lore appropriate in that dwemer and clockwork were mixed into sotha sil's style of architecture in the early days before it was considered his own but that would be considered refabricant not dwemer.
    Edited by Aliyavana on November 16, 2018 2:01AM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Thats not a dwemer bunker, thats almost completly clockwork. pretty good if you intended to do a brass theme. Somewhat lore appropriate in that dwemer and clockwork were mixed into sotha sil's style of architecture in the early days before it was considered his own but that would be considered refabricant not dwemer.

Boo! :smiley:
    Yes, a lot of Clockwork elements but the entire structure seems made from Dwarven metal so personally I think 'Dwarven bunker' is apt.
    @gtnorrell wow, very well thought out and put together. The lines are so clean. Fabulous creation.
    Thanks for sharing
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • gtnorrell
    gtnorrell
    ✭✭
    Appreciate the sentiment @Zypheran , and @Aliyavana everyone is entitled to their opinion, but does the name really matter? Either way though I am happy you checked it out and found only the name as a complaint :smile:
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »

Boo! :smiley:
    Yes, a lot of Clockwork elements but the entire structure seems made from Dwarven metal so personally I think 'Dwarven bunker' is apt.
    @gtnorrell wow, very well thought out and put together. The lines are so clean. Fabulous creation.
    Thanks for sharing

almost the entirety of the structure is made out of clockwork brass. It is true that sotha sil broke down dwemer creations to repurpose them into his clockwork creations but he would later move on to his own style as evident in his newer creations. His earlier creations are a blend of clockwork and dwemer like the home above and you can see that in the halls of fabrication which is a unique blend of dwemer and clockwork architecture. along with that we also have creations which are refered to as refabricants which are automatons which are a blend of dwemer and clockwork parts.
    gtnorrell wrote: »
    Appreciate the sentiment @Zypheran , and @Aliyavana everyone is entitled to their opinion, but does the name really matter? Either way though I am happy you checked it out and found only the name as a complaint :smile:

Im not trying to come out as rude, im just correcting you with lore we are provided in the game. Im just saying that clockwork and dwemer are different things. to call clockwork dwemer would be considered blasphemous to the clockwork
    apostles in fact. its not really an opinion the lore says so. I can cite my sources if needed as well.

overall, When designing the Clockwork City, Sotha Sil was inspired by the Dwemer and Dwemeri influences can be seen in his early creations but ultimately his style became his own and the city's structures, vegetation, and wildlife are all mechanical constructs of his own design.
    Edited by Aliyavana on November 17, 2018 2:29AM
  • gtnorrell
    gtnorrell
    ✭✭
    Im not trying to come out as rude, im just correcting you with lore we are provided in the game. Im just saying that clockwork and dwemer are different things. to call clockwork dwemer would be considered blasphemous to the clockwork
    apostles in fact. its not really an opinion the lore says so. I can cite my sources if needed as well.

overall, When designing the Clockwork City, Sotha Sil was inspired by the Dwemer and Dwemeri influences can be seen in his early creations but ultimately his style became his own and the city's structures, vegetation, and wildlife are all mechanical constructs of his own design.

Well, the game gives us very limited 'Dwemer' furnishings to choose from. To be able to build an entire structure from the few they do give us would be nigh impossible. But I am sure you are correct in your lore, I have not personally read all the lore the game has to offer and my life's schedule threatens me ever having time to do so in the near future. But, I have always enjoyed the dwemer and clockwork aspects of the game since I started playing the series in ES4: Oblivion. And from what I have seen and had the chance to read while playing til now has inspired everything you see in the home I shared.

• mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really amazing @gtnorrell ! Thank you for sharing!
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • gtnorrell
    gtnorrell
    ✭✭
    Thank you so much @mayasunrising . I am so glad to hear that fellow Homestead enthusiasts are enjoying my home and may be able to draw inspiration from it :smiley:
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw the vid @Ninjamonkey0619 did last year- It is amazing! Great build. :)
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks awesome, love the skyshard/cogs idea.

From a fellow Clockwork/Dwemer fan
    Edited by molecule on November 23, 2018 2:23PM
  • gtnorrell
    gtnorrell
    ✭✭
    Thanks @molecule , I had to go do the achieve behind the gates just for that house with my wife lol. And I am glad to hear people saw the video last year @swankery , NinjaMonkey0169 is a good guy.