Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Micro Freezing throughout Tamriel.

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
I have 1 GIG internet that has ports opened and is unthrottled and unlimited internet. My router is 5G and handles the full bandwidth. I'm hard wired to that router. Everyone I've spoken to are reporting the same issue... less than 1 frame per second speeds.

Here it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8W1wTxAbck&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR14GB7DfdFPkprSGEtZSaP6kAKvcTVdU-1mvTITohtFcRLPGIHeLcJ4s_M
Edited by Rittings on December 23, 2018 4:55PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Rittings

Is this only happening while in Clockwork City?

Have you opened a ticket to report this issue yet?

If not, please go ahead and do so. Support can gather further details to determine what is causing the micro-freezes in your video.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's everywhere at times. Usually happens when first loading into an area - but in Clockwork city it's persistent. it's the same for lots of people from those that I've spoken to.
  • MutedMonk
    MutedMonk
    @ZOS_BillE

I can confirm it's bad for many of us. The game is broken right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyPFPtiRwzk
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is happening for me as of this evening now. PS4 NA.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word of a fix for this? Happening even worse now during the New Lag Festival.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've submitted a ticket for this, and encouraged others to do so too - but not had a reply to respond to or anything. So... I ask again, ANY WORD on a fix for this before I uninstall the game and cancel my ESO+?
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    This is happening for me as of this evening now. PS4 NA.

Same on EU.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I edited the title because this is happening consistently and everywhere now. Especially when you first port zones... sometimes it takes a few minutes to smooth out, sometimes it NEVER smooths out.
  • Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭
    Ps4 na, I experience this multiple times daily when doing writs in alinor. Some times it's so bad trying to turn in writs takes 30 seconds per writ to naivete the prompt boxes to complete the quest.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    I edited the title because this is happening consistently and everywhere now. Especially when you first port zones... sometimes it takes a few minutes to smooth out, sometimes it NEVER smooths out.

It's gotten even worse with the recent events - especially the New Life Festival.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens mostly or almost exclusively in Cyrodiil for me. And it has caused my death a great number ot times. Suddenly standing still for 5-15 seconds in the middle of a battle isn't a good thing.
  • Monsieur
    Monsieur
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve had this issue for several months now, it always happens when wayshrining to somewhere with more a population in double digits. I recently tried to dashboard via the PS button on my controller during these frame drops and found that it locked my entire PS4 up whilst the frame rate is doing this.

It’s almost like ESO is 100% cpu and gpu usage during this period.
  • Monsieur
    Monsieur
    ✭✭✭
    Any updates on this ZOS? It’s still happening very frequently
  • Monsieur
    Monsieur
    ✭✭✭
    This is still happening even with the new patch, I just ported into Hews Bane and the micro freezes seem to last longer.
  • Rumancek
    Rumancek
    ✭✭✭
    This has been happening to me since I came back at the beginning of February. It's not my PS4 overheating, it's not my connection (I've 196.10 download, 16.29 upload, 13ms ping). It happens after travelling to a new zone, as if the zone hasn't caught up. Nothing I can do fixes it (I've tried going to less populated areas, etc, it still happens) and it lasts anywhere from a few seconds to a minute.

PS4 NA server, in Ontario, Canada if that helps. It's frustrating.

On the topic of bugs... is the Anvil wayshrine in the Gold Coast going to be fixed ever? It still causes the game to freeze on load and forces you to crash the game and restart it. This happened prior to the TG/DB event. I'm surprised it wasn't fixed before then.
    "I do know one thing. You need to have trust and honesty. Without trust and honesty it won't work." -Friday Night Lights
    CP: 873 | CURRENTLY: Slowly dipping my toes into PVP while helping my SO level her first few toons. (Edited 8/23/2023)
    PLAYED SINCE: PC/Mac beta, then February 7, 2014 (PC) before moving to PS4 NA from July 28, 2015 where I’ve remained.

Ibiza Aldemir | Redguard Nightblade | Stamina DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf (OG MAIN)
    Doe Snot | Wood Elf Necromancer | Stamina DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Mortal
    Volodýmyr | Redguard Nightblade | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Vampire (PVP MAIN)
    Mjau Aldemir | High Elf Arcanist | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf (PVE MAIN ALT)
    Neekläus* | Breton Sorcerer | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Vampire
    Ste | Imperial Templar | Magicka DD/Healer | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf
    Nae Jamie Fraser* | Breton Templar | Magicka DD/Healer | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf

*Yes, Jamie is an Outlander reference, and yes, Neekläus is a TVD/The Originals reference.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rumancek wrote: »
    This has been happening to me since I came back at the beginning of February. It's not my PS4 overheating, it's not my connection (I've 196.10 download, 16.29 upload, 13ms ping). It happens after travelling to a new zone, as if the zone hasn't caught up. Nothing I can do fixes it (I've tried going to less populated areas, etc, it still happens) and it lasts anywhere from a few seconds to a minute.

PS4 NA server, in Ontario, Canada if that helps. It's frustrating.

On the topic of bugs... is the Anvil wayshrine in the Gold Coast going to be fixed ever? It still causes the game to freeze on load and forces you to crash the game and restart it. This happened prior to the TG/DB event. I'm surprised it wasn't fixed before then.

Same, but it used to go away, now, quite often, it doesn't. The only fix is to close app.

Definitely my internet either (my net has changed) but when I first showed video footage I had 1,123 MB down, 1,021 MB up and a 1ms ping... but hey, if that speed is too slow to handle ESO haha.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is back with a vengeance of sheer rage... FIX THIS ZOS!!

It's making the game miserable to play...
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA, game frame rate will slow to a crawl sometimes when traveling to a new zone. I notice when I am moving that it is choppy, I move/stop/move/stop, etc. It seems to be like every few travels, doesn't seem to matter where I am going.

I have resorted to Chat, Say, /reloadui. And then several seconds go by while the UI reloads, and I can move again without severe lag and chopping.

With the current event going on, I am traveling with my character to do the WB and Delve quests all over the map, so I am seeing this a lot.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jim_1 wrote: »
    PS4 NA, game frame rate will slow to a crawl sometimes when traveling to a new zone. I notice when I am moving that it is choppy, I move/stop/move/stop, etc. It seems to be like every few travels, doesn't seem to matter where I am going.

I have resorted to Chat, Say, /reloadui. And then several seconds go by while the UI reloads, and I can move again without severe lag and chopping.

With the current event going on, I am traveling with my character to do the WB and Delve quests all over the map, so I am seeing this a lot.

This started last year when Summerset released, it was much worse then. Zos refuses to do anything about it. All they say is: "We're working on it, it takes time."
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it’s happening to me in Summerset, Murkmire, Wayrest, Orsinium and Gold Coast. Usually it would just be in the latest DLC zones and only happen for about 20 seconds. Now it’s lasting about 5 minutes upon first entering these areas.
  • ianshere82b14_ESO
    I just came back to the game and this is a problem now for me. I dont know if it was the switch to ps4 pro or some kind of update that caused it but i do not remember it being such a bad freeze before! Its bad and still happening. Please zos update !
  • Meryyl
    Meryyl
    ✭✭✭
    Freeezing every time I use a wayshrine. Uh...uhh....uhhhh....uhhhh...

Driving me nuts
    Police Detective: “Why did you shoot him, Marlowe?”
    Phillip Marlowe: “There was a lot of killing going on and I wasn’t getting my fair share.”
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU,

Does happen to me as well, not often enough to be a massive bother, usually restarting the client fixes it for me.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same issue here (PS4 NA). Usually after logging in or using a wayshrine.
  • Bulkhatos
    Bulkhatos
    Soul Shriven
    Exactly the same for me in EU-PS4 , please we are expecting to solve this @ZOS_GinaBruno thank you.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just came back to the game and this is a problem now for me. I dont know if it was the switch to ps4 pro or some kind of update that caused it but i do not remember it being such a bad freeze before! Its bad and still happening. Please zos update !

I don't have PS4 pro... this is just an issue in the game right now... along with hundreds of other unfixed issues. I was working on a list of problems that have now existed without fixes (and sometimes without acknowledgement) for 6 months or longer... It's a LONG list that I'm constantly reminded of each time one of them hits me in the game...
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS's only response to any issues within the game are, Have opened a support ticket? whats the point? to be given canned response's and directed to stuff that a 10yr old would of already tried.

Then the next is big promises of things being fixed, when is that happening? The interaction with the community is an absolute joke, complaints of performance issues dating back months without acknowledgment of any sort from the community managers(or moderators with a fancy title)

The only interaction the community see's is "were closing this thread, because we dont like that you criticise us or the game" everything is perfect in the sand we bury our heads in.

Absolute full on joke of company.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing this issue pretty bad tonight. Mixed with the issue I posted here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/473117/really-bad-lag-time-travel-blips-tonight#latest
  • Tharonil
    Tharonil
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem on a PS4 pro EU Server. It always starts stuttering after teleporting, but it can happen anytime. After 10-20 seconds it runs smooth, like nothing happened.
  • kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS's only response to any issues within the game are, Have opened a support ticket? whats the point? to be given canned response's and directed to stuff that a 10yr old would of already tried.

Then the next is big promises of things being fixed, when is that happening? The interaction with the community is an absolute joke, complaints of performance issues dating back months without acknowledgment of any sort from the community managers(or moderators with a fancy title)

The only interaction the community see's is "were closing this thread, because we dont like that you criticise us or the game" everything is perfect in the sand we bury our heads in.

Absolute full on joke of company.

I couldn't of said this any better. 👏👏👏