Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUG] Werewold bleed dot applies weapon enchants

Bashev
Bashev
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
qma21wys2jdx.png
After the changes no DoT skill which is not ground ability should be able to proc enchants.
Because I can!
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads, infused torugs oblivion glyph and werewolf...wow...just wow
    Edited by THE_BIG_BOSS on November 14, 2018 11:16PM
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sload, Torug and WW :smiley:
    Because I can!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we read the patch notes it clearly says weapon abilities however:

From Patch notes v4.2.7
    •Weapon Enchantments and poisons will no longer proc from single-target Damage over Time effects of any weapon ability. The following effects can no longer proc Weapon Enchantments or poisons:
    •The Damage over Time from Cleave and its morphs
    •The Damage over Time from Twin Slashes and its morphs
    •All damage from Lacerate and its morphs
    •The residual Damage over Time from Toxic Barrage
    •The Damage over Time from Acid Spray
    •The Damage over Time from Poison Arrow and its morphs
    •The Damage over Time from Destructive Touch and its morphs

And since the werewolf bleed doesn't come from a weapon ability, it kinda makes sense.

Either it´s intended, or ZOS forgot about werewolf bleed effect.
    Edited by Qbiken on November 15, 2018 11:31AM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It never ceases to amaze me how people go "wow" when someone stacks three single-target DOTs, but when someone stacks DBoS+Subterranean+tornado spam wiping whole zergs, nobody bats an eyelash.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Gilliam

Probably worth taking a look at since it appear an enchant is procing off a single target DoT which should not be happening based on the recent patch notes. Worth a test to check.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because this particular bleed is part of the werewolf “Ultimate”, it could be a special exclusion since werewolves only have one ability bar to work with.
    "When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably intended bacause werewolves have no weapon abilites help to keep procs up.

As @Qbiken stated the last patch fixed single target dots from weapon abilities...

Seeing as werewolves have a harder time procing poisons. Enchants should be easier for them to proc, yes?
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

It never ceases to amaze me how people go "wow" when someone stacks three single-target DOTs, but when someone stacks DBoS+Subterranean+tornado spam wiping whole zergs, nobody bats an eyelash.

Maybe because all you mentioned can be mitigated, blocked, LoSed, shielded in other words, there are ways you can counter them?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actively applied dmg vs passively applied one. To apply DBoS+SA+ST You need to push 3 different buttons to apply WW bleed+sload+oblivion dmg enchant You need 1 and since those dmg are passively applied You can still do other stuff while those dmg ticks are riping someones health. Also yes there are people also pointing out that stamden burst combos are slightly too easy. What truly never ceases to amaze is that there are people who cannot see simple differences like the ones mentioned above.
    Edited by Juhasow on November 16, 2018 11:07AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

From Patch notes v4.2.7
    •Weapon Enchantments and poisons will no longer proc from single-target Damage over Time effects of any weapon ability. The following effects can no longer proc Weapon Enchantments or poisons:

And since the werewolf bleed doesn't come from a weapon ability, it kinda makes sense.

No, it doesn't make sense. We bleed is not a weapon skill, like you stated, therefore it ought not be procing at all. It would be like if reflective light proced enchantments, or cripple or burning embers. No, ww bleed definitely should not be procing enchantments.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From Patch notes v4.2.7

No, it doesn't make sense. We bleed is not a weapon skill, like you stated, therefore it ought not be procing at all. It would be like if reflective light proced enchantments, or cripple or burning embers. No, ww bleed definitely should not be procing enchantments.

Reason why I said that " it kinda makes sense" is because I reported this when ZOS made it official through Gilliam that single target dots shouldn't proc enchants. When I read the patch notes (that I posted earlier) and saw that werewolf bleed wasn't on the list I kinda assumed it was intended. But my theory is that ZOS simply forgot about it and will fix it either next week or the week after that. We'll know either way.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think ZoS made a deliberate change to werewolf bleed with Murkmire because it did not proc enchants before.

They probably choose to make an exception to categorize it as "weapon ability damage" because werewolves do not have access to this damage type outside of light and heavy attacks.

Now that balance changes have been made to remove "free procs" from DoTs, we could indeed think ZoS leaving them on werewolf bleed was an oversight.

If the goal is to allow werewolf to fully benefit from enchants while achieving more consistency with the recent balance changes, i would suggest :
    - Removing the enchant procs from werewolf bleed
    - Allowing werewolf's other sources of direct damage to proc an enchant. (Pounce, Howl, Claws initial hit)

Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

From Patch notes v4.2.7

Reason why I said that " it kinda makes sense" is because I reported this when ZOS made it official through Gilliam that single target dots shouldn't proc enchants. When I read the patch notes (that I posted earlier) and saw that werewolf bleed wasn't on the list I kinda assumed it was intended. But my theory is that ZOS simply forgot about it and will fix it either next week or the week after that. We'll know either way.

What I am saying is that the bleed should never have been procing them. It was always a bug, if they were getting proces by the bleed. The bleed is not a weapon skill. Not weapon skill = no proc. Full stop.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From Patch notes v4.2.7

What I am saying is that the bleed should never have been procing them. It was always a bug, if they were getting proces by the bleed. The bleed is not a weapon skill. Not weapon skill = no proc. Full stop.

You forget that enchants are not only procced by weapon skills, but also by light attacks. And werewolf bleed is part of his light attack.

A sword delivers all of it's light attack damage in a sigle tick. The werewolf light attack delivers it's damage in two parts - one, immediate damage like the sword, and two, as a follow-up DOT. The DOT is also part of the light attack. Therefore, it procs enchants.

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

From Patch notes v4.2.7

You forget that enchants are not only procced by weapon skills, but also by light attacks. And werewolf bleed is part of his light attack.

A sword delivers all of it's light attack damage in a sigle tick. The werewolf light attack delivers it's damage in two parts - one, immediate damage like the sword, and two, as a follow-up DOT. The DOT is also part of the light attack. Therefore, it procs enchants.

I did not forget, a swords attack is a weapon skill. WW light attacks are not a weapon skill, they are part of an ultimate. A non-weapon skill line ultimate. They should not be procing enchants. Period. Does overload proc weapon enchantments?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From Patch notes v4.2.7

I did not forget, a swords attack is a weapon skill. WW light attacks are not a weapon skill, they are part of an ultimate. A non-weapon skill line ultimate. They should not be procing enchants. Period. Does overload proc weapon enchantments?

Correct me if I´m wrong but are you implying that werewolf light attacks shouldn't proc enchants?? Pre Murkmire only way to proc enchants in WW-form is through light- or heavy attacks (since non of the other werewolf skills can proc enchants)

Werewolf light attacks always been proccing enchants since they´re considered to be light attacks. I couldn´t care less if they removed the potential bug where enchants proc from the bleed part of the light attacks, but removing the ability to proc enchants in werewolf form entirely is just ridiculous.

I haven´t used overload since pre-Murkmire so no idea how it works now, but yes, overload procced enchantments last time I checked.
    Edited by Qbiken on November 16, 2018 1:33PM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From Patch notes v4.2.7

WW light attacks are not a weapon skill

But they are light attacks. And light attacks are explicitly listed as one of the things that proc enchants.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

From Patch notes v4.2.7

WW light attacks are not a weapon skill

But they are light attacks. And light attacks are explicitly listed as one of the things that proc enchants.

does overload light attack proc enchants?

From Patch notes v4.2.7

Correct me if I´m wrong but are you implying that werewolf light attacks shouldn't proc enchants?? Pre Murkmire only way to proc enchants in WW-form is through light- or heavy attacks (since non of the other werewolf skills can proc enchants)

Werewolf light attacks always been proccing enchants since they´re considered to be light attacks. I couldn´t care less if they removed the potential bug where enchants proc from the bleed part of the light attacks, but removing the ability to proc enchants in werewolf form entirely is just ridiculous.

I haven´t used overload since pre-Murkmire so no idea how it works now, but yes, overload procced enchantments last time I checked.

ww is a not a weapon skill. light attack come from claws. not weapons. you do NOT have access to weapon skill line passives while in ww or overload, ie the 5% more damage from sword. you should 100% not be able to proc enchants. i dont care if it was always like this. it makes NO sense. you are not holding the the weapons that are enchanted.

and when i was an overload sorc back in the day of 1000 ulti and 60k+ light attacks, that ultimate most certainly did NOT proc enchants.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the patch notes:
    •Weapon Enchantments and poisons will no longer proc from single-target Damage over Time effects of any weapon ability. The following effects can no longer proc Weapon Enchantments or poisons: •The Damage over Time from Cleave and its morphs

This part of the patch notes contains an ambiguity. Look at the term or phrase 'weapon ability' ... it's incorrect. In this game we have:
    a.) weapon skills and
    b.) class abilities.
    What we don't have are 'weapon abilities' ... they don't exist in the game.

Let's assume the dev's change was only intended to apply to weapon skills (logical since enchantments don't proc off of class abilities).

The next question you have to ask: "Are WW's considered a 'class?"
    > If yes, then you are using class abilities (when in WW form), and as such, no class ability should proc a weapon enchantment.
    > If 'no' - WW's are not a 'class,' then all you have left are weapon skills, and as such, enchantments should not proc from a weapon skill DOT.

Ultimates: To my knowledge, there is no 'exception' to the 'enchantment proc rule' regarding ultimates. In other words, class ultimates fall under the category of class abilities and weapon ultimates fall under the category of weapon skills. @Gilliamtherogue If this is not the case the devs need to let us know.

Either way, it would seem the WW bleed DOT should NOT proc weapon enchantments.

Edited by Maryal on November 16, 2018 2:33PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just tested. Overload does porc weapon enchantments. I do not agree that that should happen. But hey, at least it is consistent.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can argue all sorts of arguments and counter-arguments, but to know if this is a bug or not, we need to know if the current situation was intended or not by the devs, which we don't. The rest is just semantics.

However we can argue about the current situation being problematic from a balance/game design standpoint, and here i can agree werewolf bleed proc'ing enchant is a bit too strong for such a "low-effort" mechanic.

If we remove the proc from bleed, ZoS still have the options to categorize werewolf's others other sources of direct damage as "weapon ability" as a compensation, but again, this should be based on balance, not on semantics.

Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, this is indeed a bug and we're currently testing a fix for it. Light Attack Bleeds from werewolves should not proc enchants every tick.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Gina for the quick feedback, now we know :)
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks all, this is indeed a bug and we're currently testing a fix for it. Light Attack Bleeds from werewolves should not proc enchants every tick.

Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno , but should not proc every tick, or should not proc at all?
    Because I can!
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Werewolf light attacks are similar to any light attack in humanoid form. Why shouldn’t enchants proc if you swing with a hand vs. a sword vs. a staff?
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Werewolf light attacks are similar to any light attack in humanoid form. Why shouldn’t enchants proc if you swing with a hand vs. a sword vs. a staff?

The issue is/was the need for consistency in how/when enchantments proc'ed (pertaining to DOTs), but I see what you are saying. Light/heavy attacks can proc weapon enchantments, but when in WW form, your toon isn't wielding a weapon when doing a light/heavy attack.

I could be wrong, but I thought doing a light/heavy attack (while in WW form) was supposed to proc weapon enchantments (assuming the weapon on your bar was enchanted and was not on cool-down).
    Edited by Maryal on November 16, 2018 4:17PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    Skoomah wrote: »

The issue is/was the need for consistency in how/when enchantments proc'ed (pertaining to DOTs), but I see what you are saying. Light/heavy attacks can proc weapon enchantments, but when in WW form, your toon isn't wielding a weapon when doing a light/heavy attack.

I could be wrong, but I thought doing a light/heavy attack (while in WW form) was supposed to proc weapon enchantments (assuming the weapon on your bar was enchanted and was not on cool-down).

Werewolf light-and heavy attacks has always procced weapon enchantments (assuming they´re not on cooldown)

Well, with that said I´ll assume that the direct damage proportion from WW Light attacks will still proc enchantments???

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Qbiken on November 16, 2018 4:21PM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Every tick? Only possible with infused torugs.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whatever gets changed. I am begging ZOS to fully test the change and make sure it doesn’t break something else with werewolf. Therr have been many instances where something is changed to the werewolf, and it breaks something else for the werewolf. (i.e. resistances for werewolf form, light attack damage, etc.) Some bugs persisted for years.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

Every tick? Only possible with infused torugs.

Possible with only infused weapons. You dont need torug for that.
    Because I can!