Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What have you done to Battlegrounds and PVP?

jcm2606
jcm2606
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I don't even know if it is Battlegrounds specifically, with the MMR changes making it far more likely to be matched against much better players, or whether it is PVP in general, but damage has skyrocketed since Murkmire, and it isn't even due to enchants, though they're part of the problem.

Before Murkmire, I was able to withstand fighting outnumbered for a bit, so long as I was playing well and rotating my heals, keeping my health up.

Since Murkmire, though, the moment I get into combat, I basically just drop dead. Even if I have a *** healer focusing me, keeping me at max health, I still drop dead.

I don't know what the *** caused this, but fix it. It has made Battlegrounds completely unplayable for me, as I found literally zero fun just being deleted the moment I enter combat.
Edited by jcm2606 on October 31, 2018 5:22AM
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    Sounds like you need to git gud.
    PC-NA
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can't git gud when you have 3+ ranged people pelting you with projectiles, causing your projectile immunity to go down, allowing a Flame Clench to come through and knock you in the air, then literally die before you hit the ground. I take so much damage, that I die within less than a second. Even with a healer on my ass the entire time.

Also let me remind you, as I said in the OP, this never happened before Murkmire. Before Murkmire, I could duo a full team with that same healer, and while I'd still take a lot of damage, I'd rotate heals and kite, and would survive. Now, I go from literally 100% to 0% within less than a second, even with that healer focusing me.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you are a DK having issues with ranged players? Definitely a L2P issue.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

You try keeping wings up on a stamDK against 3+ ranged players pelting projectiles at you. Drops the moment you hit it.

By the way, I'm not even playing the game, but am in Discord with people I usually play with, and they're getting the exact same deaths I am. Dying with actually zero time to react.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Join zerg like others in this thread
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »

You try keeping wings up on a stamDK against 3+ ranged players pelting projectiles at you. Drops the moment you hit it.

By the way, I'm not even playing the game, but am in Discord with people I usually play with, and they're getting the exact same deaths I am. Dying with actually zero time to react.

Why should you expect to survive when focused by 3+ players? Isn't that the definition of OP?
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why should you expect to survive when focused by 3+ players? Isn't that the definition of OP?

"So you are a DK having issues with ranged players? Definitely a L2P issue."

"Why should you expect to survive when focused by 3+ players? Isn't that the definition of OP?"

Contradicting much? Did you even read the thread before you typed the first response?

Wings isn't even the issue, the asinine amount of damage is. L2P or not, you shouldn't just drop dead within less than a second, with zero time to react.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"So you are a DK having issues with ranged players? Definitely a L2P issue."

"Why should you expect to survive when focused by 3+ players? Isn't that the definition of OP?"

Contradicting much? Did you even read the thread before you typed the first response?

Wings isn't even the issue, the asinine amount of damage is. L2P or not, you shouldn't just drop dead within less than a second, with zero time to react.

Good players will find ways drop your wings easily though. Doesn't need 3+ players. On my bowblade, I usually drop shade, wait 2 secs, light attack and dodge the reflect setting the wing user off-balance as well dropping his wings. Two Snipes are enough to bring anybody to execute.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you a sorc, as that would make sense!! Jokes aside, but if you a ward user they changed fundamentally. Have you read all the patch notes etc?

MMR is a different story. I haven't played them so much now but previous wins mean I'm always against the same top players now. PUG with a new to BG player seems only way to lower the MMR etc.

We should have BG ranks showing our MMR status for our sanity

Also...enchants ARE still strong even with the patch change
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Are you a sorc, as that would make sense!! Jokes aside, but if you a ward user they changed fundamentally. Have you read all the patch notes etc?

MMR is a different story. I haven't played them so much now but previous wins mean I'm always against the same top players now. PUG with a new to BG player seems only way to lower the MMR etc.

We should have BG ranks showing our MMR status for our sanity

Also...enchants ARE still strong even with the patch change

No, stamDK, so very little directly impacted me in terms of the nerfs (stopped using Swift way early on, switched from speed pots to tri-stat pots, and the Evasion "nerf" to leap doesn't matter for this topic).

Yep, our MMR should be shown, so we can actually see how it works. Honestly, I'd take no MMR over this mess, if it meant I wouldn't get roflstomped the moment I enter combat, when I never used to prior to Murkmire.

And I figured the fix wouldn't do much to enchants. Thankfully work will still be done to enchants, so hopefully they're brought in line. But I'm fairly certain this recent uptick in received damage is not due to enchants, as I've looked at the CMX combat log, and while an enchant proc or two are in there, they aren't shredding my health as much as they need to be to cause me to drop this quickly. It's something else.
    Edited by jcm2606 on October 31, 2018 7:14AM
  • DoTHurts
    DoTHurts
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean, I get insta killed many times. Often gang banged and dead before I even see anyone.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird! Sorry for asking the obvious questions but wanted the context. Very strange

I know in the past sometimes mechanics for changed or calculations on penetration etc but that was a while ago. Could well be something like that. Perhaps keep an eye on them death recaps and post

CP all assigned and no mismatch on armour sets or anything? Again not being condescending I've had that happen tho
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Weird! Sorry for asking the obvious questions but wanted the context. Very strange

I know in the past sometimes mechanics for changed or calculations on penetration etc but that was a while ago. Could well be something like that. Perhaps keep an eye on them death recaps and post

CP all assigned and no mismatch on armour sets or anything? Again not being condescending I've had that happen tho

BGs are no-CP, so CP doesn't matter. Armour sets are the exact same as they used to be before Murkmire: 5 Veiled Heritance, 5 Shackle, 2 Troll King (find TK better as a defensive monster set with the tri-stat pots), 5 impen, trash traits on TK.

And it's all good. Really wanting to see if anybody else is having similar issues. As I said, I don't know whether it's something broken with the patch, or the MMR changes have put me in a far higher bracket (I admit, I'm not the best player), or something else. But something is different. I never used to take this much damage on my stamDK.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im still getting matchedu p against the same people.

Torugs builds are everywhere though.

and projectiles aren't animating properly.

so a lot of invisible dmg is going around....

reminds me of when sloads was stacking.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• moosegod
    moosegod
    ✭✭✭
    I am a stamDK and do not die easily at all. It may be time to look at your build again because maybe something isn't working. How much HP do you have? How much resists? Switch veiled for 7th, it's much better suited for stamDK. The class works best when built to take damage and heal through it.

Right now your build looks like it's to run in, try and do damage to proc veiled and hope troll king will keep you alive (which it won't). No wonder you get melted so easily. Build to take damage with sets like 7th, fury, bloodspawn. 2h/SnB. Heal with major mending from igenous shield, vigor, and rally. Using terrain to LoS and a well timed dodge/block will also keep you alive. Mitigate all ranged damage with wings which you keep up by tri glyphs/triune on everything. Survive until leap, debuff with noxious breath, and then kill a whole team of noobs with leap and reverse slice. Repeat.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some possibilities to consider:

Removing Swift jewelry from builds means players can boost stats again.

Healing Ward nerf hit magicka classes hard.

Players are speccing more into damage now that shields feel less useful.

Medium armor got a damage buff.

Enchantment changes have not been completely patched on console.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is casual friendly. Every patch it gets easier. Just give up on pvp

It's not worth spending time on a game that doesn't reward spending time on it
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People getting better at dropping ults on top of the other guy’s ult on top of the other guy’s beetles on top of the other guy’s caltrops on top of the other guy’s blockade of ice. Then out of no where there’s that one Dude with acid spray finishing it all up with infused oblivion damage topped by five piece Torugs.

Yeah. You died before the match started.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    im still getting matchedu p against the same people.

Torugs builds are everywhere though.

and projectiles aren't animating properly.

so a lot of invisible dmg is going around....

reminds me of when sloads was stacking.

^
    This.
    This is happening alot. You see a player just holding his 2h sword upright running in those tight little circular back and forth motions without a animation to be seen, yet you're taking all the damage.

Had a sorc just appearing to be standing on a ledge above me, not moving, yet raining destruction down on me and my team.

Battlegrounds have been funky...
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to add that passive dodge was removed. That's more crucial than some think.
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrong Thread

Edited by tonemd on November 14, 2018 10:55PM
  • bagon
    bagon
    ✭✭✭
    Not to be that guy but sounds like a l2p issue. Ive been too lazy to get a defensive set for my magsorc so ive been running necro lich 1 piece domi 1 piece infernal and while i notice im squishier (because wards got nerfed) i havent seen any drastic damage changes, nor have i been getting instakilled with a healer by my side. Are you wearing impen?
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds right now are full of premades that focus targets. It used to be about fun, but now it’s about profits, so the imbalance of pug v premade got real
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Range is killing BG.

Sorc and Nb spamming projectiles results in no fight at all.
    Edited by Vanzen on November 22, 2018 3:35PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    Range is killing BG.

I've found plenty of opponents simply close the gap. Then you get the full line-up of bleeds, undodgeable executes, dawnbreaker, etc.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Range is killing BG.

Uh, what? The upper MMR Battlegrounds are dominated by Stam builds (and sometimes healers). Now if you mean bow builds when you say, "Nb spamming projectiles," then I agree that it's a problem. But Magicka Nightblades and Sorcerers? Nah.

I don't even see very many Magicka Nightblades at all, and neither they nor the Sorcs I encounter are as dangerous as the plethora of Stamina builds that don't seem to have any real difficulty closing distance when they want to (even without running gap closers, since kiting isn't really a thing for most casters in ESO).
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Range is killing BG.

Uh, what? The upper MMR Battlegrounds are dominated by Stam builds (and sometimes healers). Now if you mean bow builds when you say, "Nb spamming projectiles," then I agree that it's a problem. But Magicka Nightblades and Sorcerers? Nah.

I don't even see very many Magicka Nightblades at all, and neither they nor the Sorcs I encounter are as dangerous as the plethora of Stamina builds that don't seem to have any real difficulty closing distance when they want to (even without running gap closers, since kiting isn't really a thing for most casters in ESO).

Completely agree with the bold part. I feel like one of the last ones left (at least in BGs).

I do extremely well but I'm always looking at how others are playing theirs. I'm actually having a hard time finding videos after Murkmire of magicka NBs dominating BGs scoreboards.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Range or stam doesn’t matter. The builds dominating BGs are those that synergize well with all the magdens and magplars. Those that take advantage of ice CC-spam and heals. For me this has been tanky builds packing AOE. Heavy armor stam, damage magplars and magDK mostly.

MagNB is not this - so im seeing the same lack of them on pc na, brandonV.
    PCNA

• Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    Gap close > dawnbreaker > spin to win.
    PC-NA
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »
    Range or stam doesn’t matter. The builds dominating BGs are those that synergize well with all the magdens and magplars. Those that take advantage of ice CC-spam and heals. For me this has been tanky builds packing AOE. Heavy armor stam, damage magplars and magDK mostly.

MagNB is not this - so im seeing the same lack of them on pc na, brandonV.
    Just for the record, the root spam from Ice staves doesn't actually have much to do with Wardens. The 200% increased chance to proc Chilled only applies to class abilities in the Winter's Embrace tree, which is realistically only 1 ability (with a 6 meter radius) and the ultimate.

The real issue with the root spam is using a frost damage enchant on an Infused Ice Staff (especially if also using Torug's Pact). That setup allows any class to get a ridiculous number of root procs, even if the staff is back barred now.