Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constantly kicked to the login screen. Why is this happening?

• diskiukas
    diskiukas
    ✭✭✭
    So ESO support after all week replying with generic solutions , yesterday emailed me saying your consultant Report shows 995 dedicated memory on Graphic card and minimum is 1G . They did not take in consideration that I am playing ESO for 3 years without this issue on same PC, that I have over 3G shared memory and that I said I have same issue on another PC that has 2.5 G dedicated memory. After I sent report from another PC, they finally emailed me with with at least something that I was saying to them all along "you have some issue with server and system communication" however their solution was to try and rename Launcher file ProgramData to ProgramDataBackup, which is again did not help at all. I called Comcast , they opened all Zenimax suggested ports, and at first I thought it fixed the problem, cause I was able to play longer last night, about 20-30 minutes, but later after I was kicked again and could not play more than 5 minutes whenever I logged back again.Would be nice to know if you guys at Zeni at least trying to find out what is going on.
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    As of yesterday, I am having a terrible time staying in game or getting in to begin with. It happens mainly when changing zones (which since I'm doing alot of thieves's guild and DB questing, I am in and out of their hideouts. Right now I am in the TG and was kicked out after a few minutes and can't get back into game. It keeps sending me to character select..I pick her again...loading screen for awhile and then booted..message currently says there is an error try again later OR it just dumps me back to log in screen.
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    This issue is still happening with me as well.

This started 2 weeks ago after the maintenance.

No hardware/Software changes.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had the same Problem and my Problems were solved by disabling IPv6 in the Router-Software. I did this weeks ago and in the meantime ZOS also advises German Players to do this.

Edited by Thorvarg on March 18, 2017 7:24AM
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    *ignore as posted in wrong thread* :expressionless:
    Edited by Kamatsu on March 18, 2017 3:53AM
    o_O
  • c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    Being dropped by the server with no error message every few minutes has been happening to me since yesterday AM. Sometimes I can logon again on the first try, but it sometimes requires >10 tries. The fact that this is happening to so many people with different hardware suggests it is a Zenimax server issue. Since this has happened so many times in the past, one would think Zenimax could get its act together and fix the problem.
  • diskiukas
    diskiukas
    ✭✭✭
    They dont have tools or knowledge to do that, after a week with back and forth emails with generic solutions, today they suggested to call my ISP.
  • c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps they should consider hiring or consulting with some competent networking engineers to get their servers to operate as reliably as those used by thousands of businesses that depend on reliable service.
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thorvarg wrote: »
    I had the same Problem and my Problems were solved by disabling IPv6 in the Router-Software. I did this weeks ago and in the meantime ZOS also advises German Players to do this.

Thank you @Thorvarg ! This has solved my problem it appears. My ISP does support IPv6 and my modem was setup to use IPv6 as well, I have disabled that so now I only use IPv4.

Since doing that I have not had the issue anymore - After doing so I've had a 4 hour connection, and 2x 3 hour connection's. Which is something I've not been able to do for quite some time now.

So I'd suggest that anyone else having this problem do this as well - check to see if your modem has IPv6 enabled, and disabling it if it does. If your not sure how, or if doing so will cause issue's with your connection, please contact your ISP to discuss.

But if this is really the culprit here.... ZOS needs to get it's act together and fix this, seeing as IPv6 is being rolled out more and more, and more user's will be connecting to the net with an IPv6 address rather than a IPv4 address.
    o_O
  • diskiukas
    diskiukas
    ✭✭✭
    Disabling IPv6 did not help me unfortunately.
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    diskiukas wrote: »

Have you also tried to delete UserSettings.txt and ShaderCache.cooked ? This worked for me with another Problem.

Also stay with disabled IPv6 and wait some days. Sounds funny, but may help :)

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable-disable-ipv6-solve-internet-connectivity-problems

Edited by Thorvarg on March 19, 2017 7:08PM
  • diskiukas
    diskiukas
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, however nothing worked for me so far. I was hoping maintenance will fix the issue, however it did not. Good thing I finally finished The Witcher 3 this weekend.
  • c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday after the maintenance update and my disabling of IPv6, there was no beneficial effect on playing, using my 64 bit client. I rarely could play as much as 5 min. before being dropped by the server. I switched to the 32 bit client and have had no more disconnects.
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I did which got me working was as follows:

1. disabled IPv6
    2. rebooted modem, and confirmed IPv6 still disabled
    3. deleted all the host.developer files from the /Launcher/ directory for ESO
    4. opened a Command Prompt (run as administrator) and did a ipcofig /flushdns
    5. rebooted computer
    6. ran the launcher and did a repair
    7. launch the game via the eso64.exe client (not via launcher)

And since then have not had any issue's at all. For those who have disabled IPv6 but not had any improvements, try doing steps 2 to 6 that I did and see if that helps.

Also note - both launcher & eso64 files are set to run as admin as well. Try setting them to run as admin as well, might also help (do so prior to doing the repair).
    o_O
  • tjbhunter
    tjbhunter
    ✭✭
    Thorvarg wrote: »
    diskiukas wrote: »

Have you also tried to delete UserSettings.txt and ShaderCache.cooked ? This worked for me with another Problem.

Also stay with disabled IPv6 and wait some days. Sounds funny, but may help :)

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable-disable-ipv6-solve-internet-connectivity-problems

Does Deleting the UserSettings.txt result in the default one getting recreated? If I made so many changes to it, that I want to start fresh, do I just delete it and restart the game? Do I have to repair first?

Thanks!
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just delete both files. You don't need to start a repair. ESO starts thereafter with all default Settings.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came back to the game from a break 2 months ago and I'm being plagued with this problem. It doesn't matter where I am, or what I'm doing in game after about 40 minutes I will get dropped to the login screen with no warning or errors. Initially I just dealt with it but during this PVP event the effects are insufferable. Never mind the fact that after hundreds of kills Molag Bal won't drop the soul shriven skin for me. Now if I'm unlucky I'm getting kicked during the Bal fight, missing chances at the loot, and loading in the game dead with half my tel var gone...

I've tried all the troubleshooting mentioned in this thread, and all the other threads on this issue I could find. It is unreal that a problem like this can persist for so many players for so long. I may take another break from the game after the Imperial City anniversary, yes it's THAT frustrating. But what am I supposed to do? Hope ZOS support takes this issue seriously and maybe considers that it is on their end? I mean really, I can't even play longer than an hour before having to re-log? It's unacceptable, I never had this problem before and I'm frustrated having to deal with it since it pretty much ruins group play for me. Can't do dungeons/trials/PVP without getting kicked which really sucks.

Update: Still working with support on this issue and not seen much improvement. Already called my ISP once and now was asked by support to call again so that's where I'm at. I do want to say thanks to @ZOS_BillE for reaching out to me, and for everyone on support who has responded to my ticket for their kindness and patience. To my understanding the issue has been narrowed down to data dropping at a particular node which can be seen by running a tracert to the addresses support provided me, as well as on my game consultant reports.

Edited by Left4Daud on September 27, 2017 10:22AM
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    I came back to the game from a break 2 months ago and I'm being plagued with this problem. It doesn't matter where I am, or what I'm doing in game after about 40 minutes I will get dropped to the login screen with no warning or errors. Initially I just dealt with it but during this PVP event the effects are insufferable. Never mind the fact that after hundreds of kills Molag Bal won't drop the soul shriven skin for me. Now if I'm unlucky I'm getting kicked during the Bal fight, missing chances at the loot, and loading in the game dead with half my tel var gone...

I've tried all the troubleshooting mentioned in this thread, and all the other threads on this issue I could find. It is unreal that a problem like this can persist for so many players for so long. I may take another break from the game after the Imperial City anniversary, yes it's THAT frustrating. But what am I supposed to do? Hope ZOS support takes this issue seriously and maybe considers that it is on their end? I mean really, I can't even play longer than an hour before having to re-log? It's unacceptable, I never had this problem before and I'm frustrated having to deal with it since it pretty much ruins group play for me. Can't do dungeons/trials/PVP without getting kicked which really sucks.

Update: Still working with support on this issue and not seen much improvement. Already called my ISP once and now was asked by support to call again so that's where I'm at. I do want to say thanks to @ZOS_BillE for reaching out to me, and for everyone on support who has responded to my ticket for their kindness and patience. To my understanding the issue has been narrowed down to data dropping at a particular node which can be seen by running a tracert to the addresses support provided me, as well as on my game consultant reports.

Any update on this as what you described has plagued me for quite some time - as you say sometimes it's just a matter of logging back in but when it happens at a crucial point in game can scupper hrs of work in seconds.
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • croninjoshua
    croninjoshua
    ✭✭
    Same damn problem for me and a lot of people. Started happening last week, and no solutions i have tried has worked. There is no rhyme or reasons to these sudden DC's. Im lucky if at least i get thirty minutes of gameplay before being booted to login. Sometimes only a few damn moments of gameplay before boot to login.

I've found a fix on my end. I added ESO64.exe to my antivirus exception list. I'm not sure where exactly I read this fix at but so far seems to have worked. Don't ask me how. I