The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Anyone else swap from using a magic character in pvp to now using a Stam one?

DUTCH_REAPER
DUTCH_REAPER
✭✭✭✭✭
Getting my stamblade set up for it as I have not L2P my magblade efficiently enough yet with this patch. Can’t seem to find a good balance yet with survivability on my magblade. If there are suggestions out there please share.

Anyone else swap from using a magic character in pvp to now using a Stam one? 51 votes

Yes
47%
arkansas_ESODUTCH_REAPERheng14rwb17_ESOSnitbooksmcreadbinhoku5hKomputerheldBoadieDeep_01fullheartcontainerhelios777FakeFoxpzschrekTzayadRamberusmguy1234rabidmyersRedRookPouletRico 24 votes
No
52%
XeniphDeadlyRecluseKnootewootIxSTALKERxIhollywoodAhPook_Is_HereleeuxDisgracefulMindSorisSynapsis123MinnomagictucktuckKadoinAeremsusmitdsAlpheu5RaddlemanNumber7enzoisadogjeedrzejSheenaz 27 votes
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar is the spec i'm currently playing.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    There is No reason to Play magsorc magblade or magwarden right now
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been considering it.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, probably should though
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    GO STAMBLADE OR GO CRY
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For solo pvp, Stamden / Stamplar are the best specs this patch imo.
    Won't mention Stamblade since it's pretty much rollface since release.

Stamblade getting caught 1vXing
    giphy.gif
    Edited by frozywozy on October 26, 2018 10:46AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • PouletRico
    PouletRico
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Torug's + DW is just too strong, there is no way to enjoy BGs without it.
    @PouletRico - EU PC Megaserver
    PouletRico - TankDK - EP
    Experimental Kamikaze - StamDK - AD

I'm doing my best, but I'm not a native speaker
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I like being the underdog. I'm even still using light armor (ugh)
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the opposite for me. I am considering mag sorc/nb for combat mobility.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've gone back to magsorc
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone except stubborn masochists like me are playing Stamina now.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been thinking about switching my magblade to stamblade because of all the reflect and DKs in PvP right now it feels like everyone is a DK right now. It's just annoying not being able to fight back or see your opponent shut you down with the push of a button. As someone who plays solo I can't afford to be hard countered like that
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    ye
    at a place nobody knows
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Exact opposite for me. Went magplar this patch, for several reasons. One of the biggest being that I feel playing stamina without abusing infused glyphs rn is gimping yourself and I refuse to play that way. But after a few days of doing so, I am convinced that the gap between Stamina and Magicka is greatly exaggerated by magicka mains. Just gotta build right. With the nerf to speed pots, the two are quite at par these days in my opinion and experience. Especially when this glyph fiasco is sorted out, as it’s clearly broken and skewing the dynamics of PvP as a whole.

The only 2 magicka specs that need some help are sorc and warden, but that’s a class issue not a magicka issue.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Dropped my Sorc for a Stamwarden.

Suddenly, I am much better at PvP. Probably a coincidence, right?
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No, i stick to my melee magblade. That said, i didn't PvP after murkmire. I'm burned out with the game me thinks. Every patch i have hopes but then read the forums. Don't feel like pvping then. Been helping out noobs with worldbosses instead.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one StamNB that I hate more than any other character. She looks cute, though.

I probably would have more fun in Cyrodiil playing Stamina classes, but... I'm too stubborn.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    Dropped my Sorc for a Stamwarden.

Suddenly, I am much better at PvP. Probably a coincidence, right?

Well yeah I mean you went from the original button spam class to the current button spam class.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m playing mag sorc this patch, so I switched the opposite direction. The maj expedition nerf was a huge buff to streak imo
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nah... I'm one of those biased towards Magicka myself and I'm not afraid to admit it... tried playing stam builds way back and just couldn't.

Having said that, I don't know if I'll play PvP... for now at least, cannot stand the current state.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Creationofgod
    Creationofgod
    ✭✭✭
    No
    was playing magplar before and still am today!! i use 5pc light armor and am a bit squishy but i like being the underdog and feel that i accomplished something when i get kills.

its hard to play atm , and heavy armor would be better but i like to keep thing as they are intended!
    PC eu. Main : Magplar cp 320