Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Throne of Wilderking quest bugged

prajish83
prajish83
✭✭
Use of bundle of roots is bugged to cross the fires in the cave. My toon burrowing and then immediately coming up.
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • Spidermonk
    Spidermonk
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm. same issue.

EDIT: It turns out just the animation is broken. You can still move through the fire and not take damage. PITA until you figure out that part though :grin:
    Edited by Spidermonk on November 8, 2014 7:32AM
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks,

Thanks for the report as well as the workaround. We'll be sure this is forwarded along to the correct place!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • prajish83
    prajish83
    ✭✭
    Spidermonk wrote: »
    Can confirm. same issue.

EDIT: It turns out just the animation is broken. You can still move through the fire and not take damage. PITA until you figure out that part though :grin:

Not for me... my toon is taking fire damage and dying.
  • prajish83
    prajish83
    ✭✭
    Still not fixed after patch 1.5.3. Also tried abandoning and restarting the quest, but still no use.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @prajish83,

Do you happen to be running any add ons? If so, please give a shot to disabling them and let us know if it helps with the issue.
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • prajish83
    prajish83
    ✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @prajish83,

Do you happen to be running any add ons? If so, please give a shot to disabling them and let us know if it helps with the issue.

Thanks for the reply, but i don't use any add ons.

• prajish83
    prajish83
    ✭✭
    1.5.4 still did'nt fix this bug. Please give me a workaround, i am stuck in this quest
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @prajish83,

We went ahead and created a support ticket just for you! A customer support agent will contact you via email shortly. Thanks for your patience!
    Staff Post
  • prajish83
    prajish83
    ✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @prajish83,

We went ahead and created a support ticket just for you! A customer support agent will contact you via email shortly. Thanks for your patience!

Thanks.
  • prajish83
    prajish83
    ✭✭
    Done waiting to get this issue fixed.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animation still bugged but works fine by letting you walk thru flames.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, animation still don't working.
    Still waiting for Sithis.
  • kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had the same problem last night, died twice trying to use the root bundle then just ran through the flames and spammed heals.
    Didn't think to try disabling addons but the quest is done now anyway.
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just stay right in front of the fire, activate, wait for a second, then run through - the animation bugged out half way through but overall it worked for me. Just make sure you go obstacle after obstacle. You can't pass the whole tunnel in one run.
  • Rangarig
    Rangarig
    Soul Shriven
    I can confirm that this issue can currently still arise. Turning off addons (specifically "Advanced Filters" by Randactyl) temporarily allowed me to use the Roots item and complete the quest without issue.
  • Akecalo
    Akecalo
    Soul Shriven
    I encountered this issue today, 10 Novenber 2018. The Bundle of roots failed to activate at the first area of fire, so I ran through it protecting myself with Harness Magicka. I was able to activate the roots to cross the second area of flames, but surfaced halfway through the flames and died.