Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Forced subscription the first time?

Zilas
Zilas
✭✭✭
So I had 2 codes, one for early access and the other for the game + 30 days

I try to redeem the code and it forces me to either subscribe through virtual payment or through a game code...
  • Justiwutz
    Justiwutz
    Correct. That's also written on the website. In addition: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/67461/bank-account-being-charged/p1
  • Denssor
    Denssor
    ✭✭
    You don't actually make a payment until the 30 days are up. And I believe you can cancel your payment option in that 30 days and not get charged.
  • Zilas
    Zilas
    ✭✭✭
    Denssor wrote: »
    You don't actually make a payment until the 30 days are up. And I believe you can cancel your payment option in that 30 days and not get charged.

This is just *** stupid, why force people to initiate a subscription plan to redeem their FREE, INCLUDED 30 days gametime? If I can cancel right away after without being charged, why not let me just choose to not start any subscription plan at all? This is stupid, and it makes me think they are greedy.

The game is awesome, and i will probably keep subscribing, but this is just sad.
  • koldmiser
    koldmiser
    Soul Shriven
    Zilas wrote: »

This is just *** stupid, why force people to initiate a subscription plan to redeem their FREE, INCLUDED 30 days gametime? If I can cancel right away after without being charged, why not let me just choose to not start any subscription plan at all? This is stupid, and it makes me think they are greedy.

The game is awesome, and i will probably keep subscribing, but this is just sad.

First pay MMO? That's they way it works. Always has.
  • Zilas
    Zilas
    ✭✭✭
    So yeah, I started my subscription plan through PayPal, was not charged anything, got my game activated along with the gametime & cancelled my subscription. for anyone who was wondering.

Dirty marketing trick and at the same time genius.
  • Appok
    Appok
    Soul Shriven
    Thats how pay MMO has always worked. enter you CC then immediately cancel your CC if you dont want to continue to play after your 30 days.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So yeah, I started my subscription plan through PayPal, was not charged anything, got my game activated along with the gametime & cancelled my subscription. for anyone who was wondering.

Dirty marketing trick and at the same time genius.

lol thats just how it works
  • Zilas
    Zilas
    ✭✭✭
    Appok wrote: »
    Thats how pay MMO has always worked. enter you CC then immediately cancel your CC if you dont want to continue to play after your 30 days.

Actually, I do want to continue playing after 30days.

But I'm also interested in paying the lowest price per month available

There's third party sites that are cheaper than €11/month (which only is available through site if you subscribe for half a year) while third party site is €19.5 for 2 months.

Edited by Zilas on April 6, 2014 2:37PM
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO

they arent the first gaming company to work like this, in fact most MMO i have ever played worked like this.
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... ALL SUB games work this way...
    EVE online was trend setting as one of the first if not first to even allow you to make a free trial account without doing this.

Just about every Subscription anything works this way. It's an industry standard, so think it doesn't count as dirty trick, just normal now lol.
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census