The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Port to Friends House - Why is it now broken after the update

ttraveler
ttraveler
✭✭
I have been using Port to Friend for a long time. It worked fine until today. It worked fine after the Murkmire update.

Today I noticed there was a Port to Friends House update so I did the PTF update. Now PTF does not work.

> And all 30 houses in my list disappeared!!!

I can use my ESO friends list to port to any Primary Residence but when I enter that same house in PTF, nothing happens. The purpose of PTF was to port to secondary houses but now no primary or secondary house works.

Is PTF broken? And, how do I get my house database back?

???
  • ttraveler
    ttraveler
    ✭✭
    OK. I got the new version to work. I mis-typed my friemd's user name.

So ... where is my housing list? How do I get my database back? Where is it?

Applying an update wipes all that there was? All that I had?

???
  • ttraveler
    ttraveler
    ✭✭
    I am looking for the database which holds the housing info. Where is it? All files have the same time stamp which was the install time.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ttraveler If you had the list saved across multiple login logouts, then my guess is that the game reset your saved variables file either due to corruption on the part of the add on or, sometimes, it seems like the game is just deciding to corrupt it or not load it properly for some unknown reason (this has happened to many of us).

But, if you had setup your house list and then the game crashed, you were forcibly logged out (I.e. the “too many messages” warning) or you exited the game by just killing the application, your add on data will not be saved. Avoid all of these (minus crashes since you generally have no control over those)