The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So scamming the unaware is ok now?

• weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's weird how so many people say it's customer's own fault for not Googling or researching more before making this purchase. Shouldn't players be able to TRUST the company to not be gouging them?
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who have willingly and knowingly paid crowns for the bites exist. I’ve met them.

One said that they were too shy to ask, they prefer to solo everything and couldn’t find the spawns for several days.

One said they wanted to be a vampire from lvl 1 for story reasons.

One said they got the bites the traditional way on several characters but by the time it came to character 10 or whatever, it was just a convenience fee at that point.

The cure part is what’s worrisome but I bet there are informed people who will still buy it so... *shrug*
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really doesn't need to be in the shop at all. There are so many WW's and Vamp's willing to bite for free or for a little gold.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Snipress
    Snipress
    ✭✭✭
    I almost didn't believe it and looked for myself... Like, the cure shouldn't be on there at all. I have several vampires and I constantly give away free bites. I have accepted gold from people that willingly gave it to me afterwards, but that was their choice considering I never asked.
    Edited by Snipress on November 2, 2018 8:32PM
    Finding beauty in negative spaces.

Officer & recruiter for Lunacy on the Xbox - NA server.
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Outrage about the bite being the store was voiced a number of years ago. I even made a thread that still gets bumped every so often. At this point we just have to accept that ZOS put them for the people that want the skill lines, have the money to spend and don't want to do the quest attached to getting those skill lines.
    That I am fine with, however the removal needs to state in VERY BIG CLEAR LETTERS that this is also available in game for 300g, and where it is located.

If that's the case I will tone my rage from 11 back down to an acceptable 7.

Ranting about it will not help. If it would, we would witness a change long ago.

You have to be the change you want to see in the world they say, thus we all have to do one thing - stop spending, or directly stop playing all together and move on.

I did that.

So long as they will not see radical changes / protests they will do exactly what they did until now - nothing.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inoki wrote: »
    Outrage about the bite being the store was voiced a number of years ago. I even made a thread that still gets bumped every so often. At this point we just have to accept that ZOS put them for the people that want the skill lines, have the money to spend and don't want to do the quest attached to getting those skill lines.
    That I am fine with, however the removal needs to state in VERY BIG CLEAR LETTERS that this is also available in game for 300g, and where it is located.

Ranting about it will not help. If it would, we would witness a change long ago.

You have to be the change you want to see in the world they say, thus we all have to do one thing - stop spending, or directly stop playing all together and move on.

I did that.

So long as they will not see radical changes / protests they will do exactly what they did until now - nothing.

The problem is that with this particular item, nobody here will actually buy it. Nobody that reads the forums or has any guildmates or friends in game will actually buy this. They will be warned well ahead of time. The only people who will buy it are those that are under the false impression that it is the only way to cure the disease. The target audience for this item is ignorant players. It's no fault of the players. They don't know any better and no amount of us refusing to buy things will change that. Those same players will eventually find out how bad they got ripped off and it will lead to a negative feeling toward both the game and ZOS in general. This crown store item has no positives and only leads to negatives. Why anyone in marketing would ever think this was a good idea to implement at an 800 crown price point is beyond my comprehension.
    Edited by redspecter23 on November 2, 2018 10:36PM
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rune476 wrote: »
    Kr4wVls.png

And now ZOS wants 1000 crowns for a bite? And 800 crowns for a cure?

1k crowns, on sale.
    The cure thing is just sh*tty, sorry... but that's sad. :(
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Kimba_Do
    Kimba_Do
    ✭✭✭

Dude! Never back it down! (why, yes, my neighbors hate me...how did you know?)

330px-Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg
    Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with catsup.
    You're all just a bunch of pixels. Turn off the power and you cease to exist.
    White Lions. Bringing the jungle fame for over 50 years.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To the people saying it's the customer's fault if they get cheated on this, and that people should look into stuff before buying things in the store: How are people supposed to know this is an in-game option to even bother looking up whether it's an in-game option if they're new to the game? There's no hint that the cure is available in-game for relatively inexpensive, so putting the opus on players who have no way of knowing there's anything to 'look up' is stupid and apologetic for ZOS to say the least.

Why would it hurt any of you if there was a note in the item saying "Note: Cure is available in-game for a gold fee" or something along those lines? Why would you defend the decision to not have there be some sort of heads-up? Are you getting paid by ZOS to do so? If not, then why on Earth do it? What do you have against information being readily available for people who may not have any other idea that information exists?
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Da_Leroy
    Da_Leroy
    rune476 wrote: »
    Kr4wVls.png

Seeing this saddens me. Asking for a bite will more than often give it for free. The few i've seen charging anything has been ridiculed. And now ZOS wants 1000 crowns for a bite? And 800 crowns for a cure?

If you go to a priest of arkay, which can be found in any mages guild, they will cure you for a measly 600 gold.

Currently, new players only get shown the crown option for the curses. No mention that other players can give it for free, nor that the arkay cure is only 0.25% of the crown price, if going by 1 crown = 300 gold

So i take it that taking advantage of new players are ok now? Is that what im to understand?

There is also text when you hover above the items in the store :wink: they say the other possibilities, so not really a scam when you can read :wink:
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    It's weird how so many people say it's customer's own fault for not Googling or researching more before making this purchase. Shouldn't players be able to TRUST the company to not be gouging them?

No. You really shouldn't trust anyone selling a product. This is why most rational people read reviews on products irl. You trust your doctor and not the drug companies ad, yea?
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    To the people saying it's the customer's fault if they get cheated on this, and that people should look into stuff before buying things in the store: How are people supposed to know this is an in-game option to even bother looking up whether it's an in-game option if they're new to the game? There's no hint that the cure is available in-game for relatively inexpensive, so putting the opus on players who have no way of knowing there's anything to 'look up' is stupid and apologetic for ZOS to say the least.

Why would it hurt any of you if there was a note in the item saying "Note: Cure is available in-game for a gold fee" or something along those lines? Why would you defend the decision to not have there be some sort of heads-up? Are you getting paid by ZOS to do so? If not, then why on Earth do it? What do you have against information being readily available for people who may not have any other idea that information exists?

"How are people supposed to know".....when you get infected and talk to the npc who sends you to the Packmaster [for ww], she tells you to go talk to the priest in the mages' guild if you want to be cured. The Packmaster repeats this information too, iirc. I'll guess there is an equivalent for the vampire version. Devs can't do anything about players who skip listening to or listening and reading npc dialogue.

I also agree there should be a note on the crown store page for BOTH things. Getting bitten/infected can be gotten from npc spawns, and getting bitten by other players for free in the game, and the cure is available for in-game gold from an npc as well as costing crowns in the crown store.

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    qbit wrote: »
    I paid a lot of crowns for a respec token before I learned you could do it at shrines. I was still in Vanderfell as my starting zone when I was a new player. Had never been to a place with such a shrine.

That was my first experience feeling one of molag bal’s penetrating anchors inside me.

Edit: I mean dark anchor beside me

ALWAYS ALWAYS get in at least 1 guild, even if just to ask questions at minimum. Also ask in zone, take the chance on the one who whispers you, that person is usually not trolling. There are sometimes trolls in zone.