Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forum Roleplay

Glockcoma725
Glockcoma725
✭✭✭
Kinda surprised theres not a running roleplay going from this community already. Would anyone be interested in participating in one? I can admit it could be an issue with Tamriel being so vast as to where characters would encounter each other and what they would do/where they would start, but I could see it being some fun. Just putting the feelers out there
PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    There's a few forum RPs that happen, but most only happen ingame, in guilds and such.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can I roleplay as a cantankerous miser that hates the lesser races?
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I role play as a salty pvp'er.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kierro wrote: »
    There's a few forum RPs that happen, but most only happen ingame, in guilds and such.

But it's allowed, right?
    I'd love to do a mini RP with some of my characters.. that way it's not locked/based on servers or platforms, and you don't need to join any guilds. :3
    Edited by kadochka on November 5, 2018 10:23PM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in for some lighthearted RP ! Willing to be a jaded orc adventurer turned bored tavern patron, drinking beer with her pet badger in her lap while the clannfear on the floor stares up in envy
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    I'm in for some lighthearted RP ! Willing to be a jaded orc adventurer turned bored tavern patron, drinking beer with her pet badger in her lap while the clannfear on the floor stares up in envy

I've got my main Orc (sorc with pets, she's a chef)? Very sweet woman; all big and a big motherly. Would make you treats kind of girl. Anything?

Also, I've got a Tharn relative (Octavia, she's supposedly Septima's daughter) and a half-thief, Kamii, who might pause/relax for a drink..
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a roleplay-ish question, answer determined by your/your character's personality:

A little ways into a cave you start exploring, a medium-sized dog is trapped by a variety of monsters, backed into a corner. Near to the cave entrance is a Redguard woman, calling for help. She sees you and begs you to help save her dog. She says she can offer nothing as reward but her thanks, and mentions the pup is precious; it has lived it's whole life with her and her husband, before he left -and became trapped- in Cyrodiil.

Do you:

A : Buff and attack/kill the monsters, saving the dog and earning the Redguard's praise?

B : Debate it; what are the monsters?

C : Debate it; I'm risking my life for no real reward?

D : Rush in immediately; you saw the woman outside the cave shouting, she's the only reason you're here!

E : Leave. No way! (Your own explanation/reason.)

Reactions/Responses:
    A :
    She thanks you many times over, then runs to her dog (as he does to her) and hugs him tightly, scolding him for sticking to his namesake (His name is Nosy, btw. These characters are real.) and begging him, though he may not understand, to never do it again.
    B :
    What are some Alik'r enemies? Assassin beetles and spiders?
    C :
    Aw, c'mon! The poor pup! :'(
    D :
    Yay! She thanks you many times over, then runs to her dog (as he does to her) and hugs him tightly, scolding him for sticking to his namesake (His name is Nosy, btw. These characters are real.) and begging him, though he may not understand, to never do it again. She also takes the pure-white flower from her dark chocolate hair and gives it to you.
    E :
    Heartless! Who knows what became of them? Had the woman been unarmed, her husband surely would've come home, if he came home, to an empty house. Thankfully, woman and dog got out, though badly bruised..

• Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kadochka

A.2 . Long-sufferingly kill the monsters.

Moneiba often wondered how anyone got anything done in this world without her help. The redguard woman joined her hands in plea.
    "Please, he's all I have left of my husband," she said.
    There was always some kind of sad story, some emotional attachment, family ties, anything to tug on Moneiba's worn out, over-solicited heartstrings. Not that she had many to begin with ; it was a wonder she herself felt much of anything these days.
    She turned with a sigh to her clannfear who wiggled in excitement at the attention. "Let's go," she said, unsheathing her sword. The clannfear ran happily headfirst into the dunnerippers.
    Once it was all done and over and the redguard woman was hugging her dog and the dog was whining in affection and there were tears and slobber and it all made for an objectively very moving picture that only evoked utter consternation in Moneiba, she awkwardly took a step away. The clannfear shoved its head onto her hand, looking for some petting, and she obliged without a thought.
    "I'm... gonna go, now."
    The redguard woman straightened up with a smile of sheer relief.
    "Thank you, so much, I do not have the words-"
    "Right," Moneiba said. She turned to the corpses lying some feet behind. "I said, I'm going."
    The gored head of her badger peaked out of the entrails of a carcass. They shared a look; it dove right back in.
    "Right," she repeated with a sigh.
    Her grazing horse hadn't walked too far away. She saddled up in one swift move and left. Soon enough the pitter-patter of the badger sounded behind, hurrying after her in a bout of reluctant separation anxiety.
    Now, Moneiba thought, if only she could finish finding all of the missing pieces of her soul without interruption, that'd be just grand.
    Edited by Itacira on November 5, 2018 2:51PM
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kadochka

Moneiba would be completely weirded out by Orthuna's kindness to the point of just standing there and weathering it out, a bit like a reluctant cat waiting for petting time to be over;

would be distantly polite with Octavia because even though she doesn't resent it she knows just enough of nobility to be aware that people, even friends, have a habit of turning into pawns around them and while she obliges it out of duty she doesn't exactly enjoy it;

would probably get along just fine with Kamii should the thief be into completely superficial conversation made mostly of silence, grunts, and comments about the weather.
    Edited by Itacira on November 5, 2018 2:36PM
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Itacira Hahah! I love how you wrote it out! Awesome.
    --
    Orthuna passes out sweetrolls to all the other 'adventurers' in the tavern, Octavia would be secretly thinking about burning the tavern down, and Kamii would be sizing up all the other patrons as targets while she makes odd comments in conversation, possibly about being a better thie- ahem, hero then her older brother.
    --

"Wh- What is this? I didn't ask for this..?"
    Orthuna smiled as sweet as an Orc could, before swishing away, maneuvering between the tables while holding the tray of sweetrolls high.
    Another clannfear, presumably hers, greeted Moneiba's by flopping down next to them, chirping cheerfully. The frosting around it's mouth hinted at some -possibly stolen- sweets.
    "Stupid creature; better not have eaten Kamii's food!" The Khajiit hisses, scowling down at Orthuna's clannfear and slamming her mug onto the table. "Murug!" She yelled over her shoulder, "Your purple beast ate my sweetroll!"
    Orthuna turned back from the oven to lean on the tavern's main counter. "Silky? I gave him his own! Don't worry, Kamii, I saved a couple for you." She grins again.
    Kamii scoffs, and mutters under her breath. "Feed a Daedra like that, it'll get fatter then Khalik's ego!"
    Edited by kadochka on November 5, 2018 10:22PM