Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil dying and fast

• magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is dying. Cheating, spying, faction jumping, scrolls being taken illegitimately. Cant speak for xbox or pc but ps4 cyrodiil pvp is going to be empty very soon.

I myself with about 15 friends have decided to either stop playing (which half have already done because of said reasons) or are switching to BG’s.

Nothing zos does will save cyrodiil.

At this point a lot of us stopped playing and are just waiting for Camelot Unchained to get deeper into a competitive beta.

Cant wait for CU even though i have been for years...

EDIT: although i saw some combat footage from recently and the combat looks like ***, i was hoping for ESO but PVP focused. im chalking it up to alpha footage for now
    Edited by magictucktuck on November 2, 2018 7:33PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I agree these are annoying issues, I don't find them that important, I could still play fine with these. It's the complete fun breaking unfair nerfs, endless amount of bugs that never get fixed and persistent lag that is making me take a break from the game until it gets fixed. Probably never will though.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The servers can't handle 20 people in your screen at the same time. It's no wonder that a zone designed for large scale pvp isn't thriving.

Maybe they should ask blizzard for advice. They've had 40v40 maps since vanilla and have no lag whatsoever.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    The servers can't handle 20 people in your screen at the same time. It's no wonder that a zone designed for large scale pvp isn't thriving.

Maybe they should ask blizzard for advice. They've had 40v40 maps since vanilla and have no lag whatsoever.

It's not really anything to do with what's on-screen. That's purely down to your hardware.
    Huge fights at the far side of the map are causing lag.. it's simply either an inability of the server to do all the calculations needed each tick or a bandwidth issue at the server side to handle all the requests/responses. These hit everyone on that server the same way regardless of what's visible to you.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Ormtunge
    Ormtunge
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Cheating wrecks Cyrodiil. Full stop.

I don't even get lag etc these days when I'm on. The biggest gripe i have is rampant cheating from scroll scullduggery to AP boosting etc etc. It's proper annoying.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler any insights as to why the big scroll cheats aren't getting stopped?

For me this is the same. I usually dont have any problems with lag, but I have huge problems with all the toxic gameplay and scroll cheating etc.

Until ZOS implement something like a factiong lock I am not even considering coming back to the game. And I know ALOT of players that feel the same....
  • Ormtunge
    Ormtunge
    ✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    NBrookus wrote: »
    MalagenR wrote: »
    What's killing PVP in open world is lack of incentive. If they increase the incentives to actually participate in obtaining Cyrodill objectives outside of

- Emperor
    - Purple Jewelry
    - AP

Then top PVP guilds and top players will be interested in organizing the necessary tools to achieve success.

Population was far higher when keeps were 100AP and resources 25AP, and there was nothing to buy with AP anyway except siege. Having AP as a viable currency is a good change, but it isn't what motivated people to go in the first place. Nor motivated them to stay.

Performance and quality of gameplay is what brings players and keeps them. Performance is currently atrocious and there's no quality of gameplay when your gear does damage for you and numbers trumps everything else.

I would say quality of gameplay is the biggest factor for me. I've played this game for several years on 6mb dsl (the horror) but I always stayed because in the grand scheme of things the fights seemed balanced... at least population wise. Now it's just watching the same dozen alliance members get pummeled to death by 50+ players all the way to the gate. Nothing has brought me to the brink of taking a break from eso more than this.

But I also agree that pvp in Cyrodill need some kind of actually WORKING population regulator. U should not gain as much AP fighting pure npcs or 1 vs. 10 of another alliance, as someone doing actuall pvp.
  • WrathOfTheRipper
    Taking another break for awhile. Hopefully something is done, though i know it wont be. Its a cash grab for them at this point, and has been for a while. Went to Cyrodiil yesterday and the only thing happening was 3 bars of AD pvp’n against zero bars of DC and EP. Hopefully if any ESO games drop in the future they learn from their mistakes and get better servers and also make it so that the default faction is random instead of AD being the default alliance. That and other things. I havent loved a game like this since Diablo 2 just to have it end like this. What a let down this has been.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    more zones, events, content = less player involvement in cyrodiil...

then, add in faction hopping, scroll stealing, glitches and poor game performance - less folks are going to particpate...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    Do you remember we won by 20 pts in December 2017 despite some large raid leaders AP farming and not intentionally tending the score. I learned how to take 6 people and to take a keep and kill the night blades while the other zergs run around - we control map flow with a smaller group. I was part of that win - I know what it takes for a small group to beat nearly 2x odds. If it weren't for all the debuffs to Heals I could take 6 dps and heal thru fighting 12.
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    And then all of a sudden they change scroll points back to 25 pts, a broken low pop bonus occasionally activates, and still dealing with no campaign lock so folks logging in and stealing scroll runs to be trolls. I may be done with this game soon despite 150x24 hours spent mostly in PvP trying to enjoy
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    This is where my hatred for small-scalers comes from. Its all well and good when the population is high - but as soon as it drops, they destroy any remining PVP on the server, and the online population tanks so fast its unreal.

I should point out us Aussies are forced into "small-scale", because there's generally SFA people on.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you remember we won by 20 pts in December 2017

that made.me smile...hope.to see you out there ratsnaggle :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What keeps me from playing as much as I use to is basically two reasons. The first being it's just too much lag. my skills aren't firing when I press the button or I can't CC break. Too many times I lose complete control of my character this makes solo play impossible. The second reason is everyone is so tanky it's crazy. I have magplars legitimately tbagging while I'm fighting them because they know I'll never kill them. This is so problematic because they'll keep all their tanky group members alive until you run low on resources and are overwhelmed or either get zerged down when more players arrive. You get two magplars and a Stamden on you and there isn't much you can do as a solo player. Not to mention the number of magplars and stamdens are through the roof in PvP.

I don't mind population imbalances those things will sort themselves out like DC could be pop locked in Vivec if one of the guilds would leave shor and come to Vivec. Players play like straight cowards now too they either Zerg you down or run away.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What keeps me from playing as much as I use to is basically two reasons. The first being it's just too much lag. my skills aren't firing when I press the button or I can't CC break. Too many times I lose complete control of my character this makes solo play impossible. The second reason is everyone is so tanky it's crazy. I have magplars legitimately tbagging while I'm fighting them because they know I'll never kill them. This is so problematic because they'll keep all their tanky group members alive until you run low on resources and are overwhelmed or either get zerged down when more players arrive. You get two magplars and a Stamden on you and there isn't much you can do as a solo player. Not to mention the number of magplars and stamdens are through the roof in PvP.

I don't mind population imbalances those things will sort themselves out like DC could be pop locked in Vivec if one of the guilds would leave shor and come to Vivec. Players play like straight cowards now too they either Zerg you down or run away.

I agree completely with the first point, but I find my issue is people having too much dmg rather than survivability, although I play on sotha. I have a very tanky setup but often see stupid damage numbers like 11k snipes, 6-7k pols, even had an 11k heavy attack on me once. Then add in multiple bleeds and proc sets and surviving outnumbered as a solo player can be very hard. I know this is why I build for tankiness, because damage is way too high, and most of it is free and ignores defences.
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    D.C. Needs more healers with my build that can take 6 toons and go take a keep still. Message me for details if you're D.C "locked"
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Koolio that is the best ESO stream I've ever watched. Awesome dude!
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    @Koolio that is the best ESO stream I've ever watched. Awesome dude!

Stream? I’ve never streamed before
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

The stream you posted. I wasn't aware of whose it was, sorry. Awesome anyhow.

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

The stream you posted. I wasn't aware of whose it was, sorry. Awesome anyhow.

I’m pretty sure there is a Pc player named Koolio. I’m on ps4 NA.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ah ok. Yea that was crazy how many people are there
  • Grabber
    Grabber
    ✭✭✭
    Server lag would t be much of an issue if they moved it back to client side but then they would need to put in place an anti heat software and from what I can tell they are to cheap for that
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went into pvp yesterday.... Ad 1 bar, ep 2 bar DC 1bar at primetime. Went to nickel, 10 man farming group camping outside. Went to faregyl, another 10 man farming group... At this point I decided to go out of pvp.... No point in butting heads with groups like that... I literally watched them spend 20 min at a keep front door farming 1 guy over and over again. No fun at all I rather would do vet hm wgt with randoms. At least there I have a remote chance of beeing successful.
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    this people who keep saying cyrodil is dying what platform they play?
    i spent most of my time in cyrod now pc/na. mostly in vivec and shota sometime kyne on my below 50 char and i see lots of player. yes sometime cyrod only few people online but there is always people online especially on weekend resource and keep flipping really fast with many large scale battle.
    Edited by xshatox on December 1, 2018 12:12PM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thats what I was wondering, what server and platform?

Vivec pc/na pop is fine on all factions, Kyne is dead more often than it isnt.

Shor and Sotha seem dead most of the time I check the pop. But I don't play in either
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    Thats what I was wondering, what server and platform?

Vivec pc/na pop is fine on all factions, Kyne is dead more often than it isnt.

Shor and Sotha seem dead most of the time I check the pop. But I don't play in either

Sotha is 2 bars at prime time on my days off, however DC having 2 guilds that night cap for 8+ hours doesn’t really give anyone any incentive to play it

The other night they had all points while AD/EP both had 0 for at least 4 hours probably longer
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't get how guilds and players don't see how camping doesnt help pvp population.

Getting steam rolled by 10+ isn't fun, I don't see how it is when you are in the group either.

I guess that's why I'm in Vivec, at least all the factions have population.

But I understand why a lot can't play there because of the ping. After 9pm est. it gets bad enough for me to log off or do other things.