Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

RP Character Relations

kadochka
kadochka
✭✭✭✭✭
So most/all of my characters have set personalities and little facts about them, plus backstories!
And plenty of them are related to other characters, belonging to both other players as well as NPCs!
What about you?
What do you think?
(And would you be interested in hearing some of mine?)
if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

RP Character Relations 49 votes

Yes! I have one or more characters related (by blood, marriage, etc.) to other PCs or NPCs!
71%
TotalitarianGilvothMorienhtaradriant1978Ghanima_AtreidesAmphithoeListerJMCnewtinmplsScythe_MercerSinolaiIccotakShinshadowMomocchiikadochkaSeminolegirl1992SilverPawsNeyanePeacatcherSleepyMuggsshredingmetal41 35 votes
Wha? What do you mean?
2%
SkayuGame 1 vote
No, I don't. Sorry.
22%
ashigrayjircris11ApheriusjpoGlaiceanasusmitdsCptNariMetalHead4x4KierroItaciraGreystag 11 votes
No, you weirdo! Jeez... (Meanie.. : '( )
4%
JuzzKulvar 2 votes
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I have one or more characters related (by blood, marriage, etc.) to other PCs or NPCs!
    Yeah, I consider relations to some extent or another for my characters when I've developed them a bit more. In some cases, it's impacted their overall narratives.

My poor Altmer mage keeps finding men he likes, who then become unavailable (Indaenir), sacrifice themselves (Verandis), are beyond reach (Divayth Fyr) or straight up die (Iachesis). His love life has been so melodramatically awful that I'm pretty sure I'm just going to create an Altmer magica templar who is going to be his husband. :s

My ne'er do well Khajiit was certainly crushing on Razum-dar, who she currently believes is dead following events in Reaper's March. That led her to pick up healing magic, which is always an awkward thing for her to do as a serial murderer. That serial murdering was in part inspired by another PC and she considers her a mentor.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    Yeah, I consider relations to some extent or another for my characters when I've developed them a bit more. In some cases, it's impacted their overall narratives.

My poor Altmer mage keeps finding men he likes, who then become unavailable (Indaenir), sacrifice themselves (Verandis), are beyond reach (Divayth Fyr) or straight up die (Iachesis). His love life has been so melodramatically awful that I'm pretty sure I'm just going to create an Altmer magica templar who is going to be his husband. :s

My ne'er do well Khajiit was certainly crushing on Razum-dar, who she currently believes is dead following events in Reaper's March. That led her to pick up healing magic, which is always an awkward thing for her to do as a serial murderer. That serial murdering was in part inspired by another PC and she considers her a mentor.

Ahahaa! Wonderful! Poor ones, I hope they do end up with partners! ^-^
    My most recent is a Redguard templar... who is married to Javid, the bard in the Applewatch Inn.. in Cyrodiil.
    They never see each other. :'( She stays home with their dog and plays her own lute. They do write letters, though!

I've got others... I do know in the past, I had a character who had feelings for Jakarn, heh. And another was having a fling with a guildie! More recently, my characters are just related.
    I've got a Tharn, a Galerion... even a Demarie! Plus a couple sisters to a friend's characters. :3
    (I also have Darien Gautier's twin sis... but I think she got deleted...? poor Daria..)

(I've been trying to keep my characters all written down so I don't forget anyone and have a big list to look at... but I've forgotten some of the deleted ones.)
    Edited by kadochka on October 31, 2018 7:59PM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I create characters and their backstories, I intentionally avoid connecting them to established families or really anything identifiable in-game, unless it's something really vague like my Dunmer DK having been a student at Shad Astula before the Akaviri war or my Altmer sorc being from Alinor. I think I like to start with a relatively blank slate as far as background significance, so my incipient hero is just whoever she (or he) is and becomes who she's going to be on her own terms, and it has nothing to do with being a Telvanni or Queen Ayrenn's sister or the former spymaster of the Abah's Landing Thieves Guild. It also means I don't have to care about running into lore conflicts (Queen Ayrenn doesn't actually have a sister) or inconsistencies in character behavior (nobody's going to treat my character like royalty, and Ayrenn isn't going to talk to me like we've known each other all our lives). It also helps keep the Mary-Sueishness down if I'm not making myself into a princess or some hottie's wife or something. :D

With all that said, my character's journey can definitely involve making connections with NPCs, to the extent that the game (and my headcanon-friendly interpretations of what happens in the game) enables. I should point out that I don't RP with other people, and the writing I do about my character's story revolves around what actually happens in the game. So while I take a few creative liberties here and there, I'm not out to create entirely original fiction where I can do whatever I want.

So my main character is from a nameless little village near Aldcroft, but not actually from Aldcroft, and that's why nobody in Aldcroft recognizes her or cares who she is. She was just a regular girl living a regular life who got thrown into something bigger and made the most of the potential she started out with. She's made many friends along the way, and most significantly developed feelings for Darien that have remained strong throughout all of the ups and downs of her (and their) journey. She's never going to marry him, because that's not a thing that could ever actually happen, so it's something that's mostly internally important to her and gives me a reason to write philosophical journal entries about quests that relate in some way to love and relationships. :D
    Edited by Ilsabet on October 31, 2018 9:28PM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    When I create characters and their backstories, I intentionally avoid connecting them to established families or really anything identifiable in-game, unless it's something really vague like my Dunmer DK having been a student at Shad Astula before the Akaviri war or my Altmer sorc being from Alinor. I think I like to start with a relatively blank slate as far as background significance, so my incipient hero is just whoever she (or he) is and becomes who she's going to be on her own terms, and it has nothing to do with being a Telvanni or Queen Ayrenn's sister or the former spymaster of the Abah's Landing Thieves Guild. It also means I don't have to care about running into lore conflicts (Queen Ayrenn doesn't actually have a sister) or inconsistencies in character behavior (nobody's going to treat my character like royalty, and Ayrenn isn't going to talk to me like we've known each other all our lives). It also helps keep the Mary-Sueishness down if I'm not making myself into a princess or some hottie's wife or something. :D

With all that said, my character's journey can definitely involve making connections with NPCs, to the extent that the game (and my headcanon-friendly interpretations of what happens in the game) enables. I should point out that I don't RP with other people, and the writing I do about my character's story revolves around what actually happens in the game. So while I take a few creative liberties here and there, I'm not out to create entirely original fiction where I can do whatever I want.

So my main character is from a nameless little village near Aldcroft, but not actually from Aldcroft, and that's why nobody in Aldcroft recognizes her or cares who she is. She was just a regular girl living a regular life who got thrown into something bigger and made the most of the potential she started out with. She's made many friends along the way, and most significantly developed feelings for Darien that have remained strong throughout all of the ups and downs of her (and their) journey. She's never going to marry him, because that's not a thing that could ever actually happen, so it's something that's mostly internally important to her and that gives me a reason to write philosophical journal entries about quests that relate in some way to love and relationships. :D

Alright! Respectable still. :3

• kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of PCs being related, I have a couple sibling combos.. and I also have one character that I romantically pair with another person's character. Do other people do this too? It's fun! I'd love to do it more. :3
    Edited by kadochka on November 3, 2018 3:07AM

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would be really awesome if they created a "tab" or something we could click on ingame to allow people to read the character backstory and bio about our character.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would be really awesome if they created a "tab" or something we could click on ingame to allow people to read the character backstory and bio about our character.

OH
    yes!!
    Would be so great!! :heart:!

EDIT: happened to pass this by: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2025-In-Character-RolePlayAddon.html
    Semi-close.. sadly, an addon.
    Edited by kadochka on November 3, 2018 3:54AM

• Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    No, I don't. Sorry.
    My Argonian isn't related to any of my other characters, though I have thought about making another Argonian. I'd make them either a Tem or Sorc. The Argonian alt would be a Tree-Minder, Pak-Seech, who also has a master-apprentice lover relationship with my main Argonian, Spells-In-Shadows.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd consider making characters that were related in some way if it were physically possible for them to interact. But since they can't be online at the same time, I made their stories all independent.

I could see matching up with other people's characters, but that would need to develop organically in-game or be something we planned out ahead of time for new characters. So far there haven't been any opportunities for me to do that, which I'm okay with.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    I'd consider making characters that were related in some way if it were physically possible for them to interact. But since they can't be online at the same time, I made their stories all independent.

I could see matching up with other people's characters, but that would need to develop organically in-game or be something we planned out ahead of time for new characters. So far there haven't been any opportunities for me to do that, which I'm okay with.

I love matching my characters with other peoples'! ^-^ I'm sure you could come up with something clever!

• kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kierro wrote: »
    My Argonian isn't related to any of my other characters, though I have thought about making another Argonian. I'd make them either a Tem or Sorc. The Argonian alt would be a Tree-Minder, Pak-Seech, who also has a master-apprentice lover relationship with my main Argonian, Spells-In-Shadows.

Aw, sounds sweet!! :heart: Hope it turns out how you'd like!

• Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    No, I don't. Sorry.
    kadochka wrote: »

Thanks! I hope so too.
    As a side note, Spells isn't related to any of my other ESO characters, but is the ancestor to my Argonians in Morrowind (Spells' great-x4?-grandson) Oblivion (Morrowind's son) Skyrim (descendant to Oblivion). I may end the line with Skyrim, and if ES6 is set 10+ years after Skyrim, I may play as Sissle, my Skyrim Argonian's adopted daughter... I killed her father (Lemikil) from Roriksted, after I found she was beaten by him and bullied by her sister. She also trained with the local wizard, so if 6 is 10 later, I'm be playing a 19-22yo Sissle spellsword.
    Edited by Kierro on November 4, 2018 4:59AM
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »

Thanks! I hope so too.
    As a side note, Spells isn't related to any of my other ESO characters, but is the ancestor to my Argonians in Morrowind (Spells' great-x4?-grandson) Oblivion (Morrowind's son) Skyrim (descendant to Oblivion). I may end the line with Skyrim, and if ES6 is set 10+ years after Skyrim, I may play as Sissle, my Skyrim Argonian's adopted daughter... I killed her father (Lemikil) from Roriksted, after I found she was beaten by him and bullied by her sister. She also trained with the local wizard, so if 6 is 10 later, I'm be playing a 19-22yo Sissle spellsword.

Oh, I remember Sissle! Glad you saved her; poor gal. :smile:
    And sounds great!

• deleted220717-003304
    I usually don't start my characters as relatives of anyone important (except I made a vestige the ancestor of my main Dragonborn cause that seemed a fun idea), but as I create the characters and flesh them out through playing and head-canoning and sometimes writing down their adventures, I also flesh out their relationships with people from the world as it seems fitting and fun to me.
    If the game plot gets in the way of something I thought up, my own version wins out for that specific character, cause it's still a roleplaying game, and my own characters, and besides a big theme is how this character effects change in the world, and how the PC isn't bound by fate. So why not change events with regard to other characters? People influence people.
    In fact, that's part of the fun for me: There's a default path, and then there's the branching-off path where my character caused a change, and figuring out everything that results from that.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea that some of my characters know each other.

I like the idea of an Ebonheart Pact trio; Nord, Dunmer, & Argonian. Who work together.

However, I would like to roleplay with other players more though.
    No dice rolling but talking to each other in character voice as we go about doing adventures & dungeons.

RP my agonian I will add more grit and emphasize a little on my 'S'
    For my Nord I go for a deeper masculine voice with a little bit of a german accent
    Dunmer I use a british accent, maybe some rasp from the ash
  • SujammaAndFlin
    My Argonian definitely has a backstory, I kind of want to draw a comic for it when I have the time. She's the sister of another Argonian I used to play. Their names are Walks-Shaded-Rays and Wades-Jade-Waters. They are Hist priestesses.
    Keep your CHIM up!
  • SujammaAndFlin
    Iccotak wrote: »
    However, I would like to roleplay with other players more though.
    No dice rolling but talking to each other in character voice as we go about doing adventures & dungeons.
    That is definitely something I think I would be interested in doing. :0

Keep your CHIM up!
  • Lexx_Sollus45
    Lexx_Sollus45
    Soul Shriven
    See I do something similar with my characters! We are a family called Sollus made up of bunch of different races adopted in by me the head of the family. I have other friends who rp with the Sollus family name too on their characters. Everyone of us has a unique background and how we became part of the family. It’s quiet exciting to see us all on some time and the rp drama between some the the member gets interesting. Anyone is welcome to join us as well for the fun just add me on Xbox gt: Lexx Sollus