Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do we need in game liaisons with privileges to help moderate zone chat and PvP?

theyoungerbrother
theyoungerbrother
✭✭✭
The game devs have had years to moderate the games they promote when bugs are not addressed and concepts left incomplete or wanting. If they don't want to spend budget on real time moderators for an MMO can we ask them to create good morale liaisons?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any examples of why that's needed? Be a heck of a budget to moderate 24/7 world

From what I see PC has alot more salty pvp chat than console. As Its easier to talk to enemy. Just don't seems to get much going on when I play anyway as you gotta bother to exit game, box msg and anything bad you get a ban.

When it comes to comms console is master race, built in voice yet separately policed pvp comms

That said leveling a NA toon of late ive noticed language is alot worse than EU
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    That's why they need PvP liaisons. Players with moderator capabilities. Area chat is offensive trash most of the time.
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    If they won't pay a geek minimum wage to moderate then make a system where the players can moderate their own campaign
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore if you personally find them unacceptable to listen to. Report if they are breaking ToS. Simple. No need for extra workload for anyone. You were given the tools so use them.
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    It feels like the reports I make in game get glossed over and was told they only really pay attention to reports and bug reports in the forum. This is a huge issue. I have 150x24 hours in PvP and I wonder if they even play their own game with the changes they implement seems to always favor the rule breakers
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deactivate zonechat.
    go to offlinemode when going to cyrodiil.

not like u miss anything worth reading.
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    We need zone call outs for support and direction. Turning off chat is a cheap excuse for moderation
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    Come see me in Vivec NA. I can still take keeps that are defended and not defended. I can do it with 5-12 troops supporting my heals. I'm too smart. I don't need zergs I just like taking PuGs and creating friends and adventures against the Orange Machine
    Edited by theyoungerbrother on November 2, 2018 7:22PM
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, I find zone chat to be amusing sometimes.

Just don't pay attention to the garbage, it's just words on a screen.
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Area chat is the real PvP endgame. Plz don't nerf zone.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    We need moderators.
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    If they won't pay a geek minimum wage to moderate then make a system where the players can moderate their own campaign

How about u grow a thicker skin
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's why they need PvP liaisons. Players with moderator capabilities. Area chat is offensive trash most of the time.

No. Every game I've seen with this happen has gone to the toilet. Why? Because said players with moderator capabilities do not actually have anything to lose when their behavior is bad. Also usually creates a "favored class" of players. Both BAD in my opinion.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.

I would rather deal with the crap zone chat than deal with a PLAYER that can and will eventually abuse that. They want to pay someone to moderate chat, that would be fine. But no, never give that kind of power to players.

-Edit to add- We do already have a way of doing this ourselves, ignore function.
    Edited by Runs on November 3, 2018 4:37AM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Any examples of why that's needed? Be a heck of a budget to moderate 24/7 world

This. Heck, we do not seem to have PT GMs. Just occasional GMs that pop in once every few months.

Ignore salty chat, especially that which is in PvP. People feel safe hiding in their mother's basement when protected by the anonymity the internet provides.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on November 3, 2018 3:59PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy to see GMs just in PvE to take care of bots once in a while. :\ It's been months since I've seen one.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope this never happens.
    we have been 5 years without zone chat moderation and i hope it stays that way.
    if you dont like what some one is saying simply put them on block. solves the problem every time.
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get this. At all...
    Maybe it's different on console since it's voice I guess?
    I mean, seriously. You have options. There is a profanity filter if swear words hurt your feelings. You can use the ignore feature if a player hurts your feelings. If you are really bent out of shape because of someones words on a screen, you can report that person.
    This topic is so weird to me. Adults can't handle S*** talking in a game. WOW
  • Ormtunge
    Ormtunge
    ✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    deactivate zonechat.
    go to offlinemode when going to cyrodiil.

not like u miss anything worth reading.

U are going to play in "offlinemode" in a MMO? Are u *** kidding me? Why do u play pvp in the first place?