Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil dying and fast

WrathOfTheRipper
Cyrodiil is dying. Cheating, spying, faction jumping, scrolls being taken illegitimately. Cant speak for xbox or pc but ps4 cyrodiil pvp is going to be empty very soon.

I myself with about 15 friends have decided to either stop playing (which half have already done because of said reasons) or are switching to BG’s.

Nothing zos does will save cyrodiil.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is dying. Cheating, spying, faction jumping, scrolls being taken illegitimately. Cant speak for xbox or pc but ps4 cyrodiil pvp is going to be empty very soon.

I myself with about 15 friends have decided to either stop playing (which half have already done because of said reasons) or are switching to BG’s.

Same here. Xbox na vivec ep stealing temple scrolls using a glitch. Guy has been doing it so long he's selling his "services." He's been reported dozens of times and yet Zos does nothing. I created a thread on it just yesterday and zos makes it disappear without a single reason as to why. They didn't even lock it... it just straight disappeared.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• WrathOfTheRipper
    That is bs. They need to aleast ban these cheaters. Its making the enviornment toxic. Cyrodiil has become unplayable. Peak time on ps4 consists of about 3 bars AD, 2 bars EP, and maybe 1 bar DC. Cyrodiil is dying because Zos wont do ***.
  • WrathOfTheRipper
    Not only that but the faction imbalances is driving alot of players away too. Soon the only faction on Ps4 NA will only be AD. Cyrodiil will be dead in about 6 months time
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only that but the faction imbalances is driving alot of players away too. Soon the only faction on Ps4 NA will only be AD. Cyrodiil will be dead in about 6 months time

Xbox red has emp in both vivec and shor and rolls around 50 deep everywhere. Ad can put a decent zerg up in primetime. Dc just get hit from both sides. When dc gets wrapped up fighting ep for an hour at Chal or BRK, ad just backdoors.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheating wrecks Cyrodiil. Full stop.

I don't even get lag etc these days when I'm on. The biggest gripe i have is rampant cheating from scroll scullduggery to AP boosting etc etc. It's proper annoying.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler any insights as to why the big scroll cheats aren't getting stopped?
    Edited by Beardimus on October 29, 2018 11:21PM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyro does have a much reduced population that it did back in it's hay day, but that has been a slow progression. It has more to do with the overall management of the game Zos has done.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, we're already outta here. Be back to see the train wreck in about a year, if it still exists lmao.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The population drop in the last year on Xbox has been pretty staggering.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

This.

Our group has to work hard to find fights these days. The change in the last 3-5 months has been immense. There is just nobody playing anymore.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s like this. I can’t get in a group to do anything. So I have to fly solo.

Spend some time getting to an objective, work on some overpowered NPC and hope not to die.

Almost take the resource, then like sharks smelling blood in the water they come on down to put me in the rightful place.

Start back over in highrock. That wayshrine there is looking real good right now.

Battlegrounds.

Gets me all the action I can handle. Might take 4 or 5 matches before I can hopefully come in second place or so. It’s a better experience. More fun. Fast.
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At this point a lot of us stopped playing and are just waiting for Camelot Unchained to get deeper into a competitive beta.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »

This.

Our group has to work hard to find fights these days. The change in the last 3-5 months has been immense. There is just nobody playing anymore.

It's sad really. The last two months or so, shor has become completley depopulated. It never gets pop locked. Vivec only gets pop locked on the weekends, and it's so unplayable in there most of the time there isnt a point in trying to solo or smallscale, you just die over and over to lag or bugs, or massive faction sized zergs chasing you down.

Bgs are destroyed by mmr. Despite the fact that theres a high population in there, players with high mmr have to wait 10-30 minutes to get a game because zos doesn't want us beating up the noobs. They literally took the best piece of pvp content and destroyed it for the players that care about and enjoy pvp.

Truthfully, I think most people are just tired of the lag. The bugs are terrible and the balance is a mess, but the lag is just the universal factor that makes pvp unenjoyable. Zenimax refuses to even acknowledge the fact that the lag is a direct result of their servers not handling the stress. They are unwilling to invest in upgrading these servers this late in the games life cycle. Their profit comes primarily housing and cosmetic enthusiasts, and most of those players dont care about pvp or combat in general. Its logical that they would adhere to a business model which creates the most profit for them; it's just unfortunate that they forego fixing pvp entirely because of this.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • WrathOfTheRipper
    I agree on all points everyone has made. Its sad really. Such a great game and its sad to see that Cyrodiil is in such bad shape. All the cheating, spying, faction unbalancing, and scroll abuse has got to the point its at. Its sad that Zos does nothing to try to make it better. They make so much money off of us. I for one will no longer be paying for a sub. I will no longer buy anything from the store either. Basically im going to be finding another game to put my money into. Anthem, Battlefield 5, and Red dead Redemption 2 will be games i will be looking forward to playing over ESO. Soon Cyrodiil will be empty and everyone will abandon this game. Its sad because ive spent hundreds if not thousands of hours playing this game since console launch, but now i feel that Zos has given me the middle finger and is forcing me to leave.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Logged in late last night, and was shocked at how quiet PC-EU Vivec was. 1 bar AD/EP, 2 bars DC.

I honestly don't know why it's dropped so much - I guess everyone has their own ideas - I can only really say what causes me to log off - and that's typically a lack of a decent fight.

I mean when I logged on, DC had the emp ring, but I spotted a blue keep with a yellow resource and headed there.

Lo and behold it's camped by a 6(ish - may have been 8) man Alpha-squad.. with only around an even number of random DC around trying to take it back - basically getting farmed one at a time.. Now these are one of those 'small-scale' groups who'll chase a single player for a mile.. (didn't catch me though - noobs!! :trollface: )..

Was easy to see that there's nothing going on here.. nowhere near enough firepower to dent an optimised very tanky-high-heal group like this.

So went to an AD keep, took a resource.. hung around for a bit, got bored.. nobody showed up, so logged off. Total gametime - around 20 minutes.

Short version is that as soon as prime-time ends, its a haven for the 'small-scalers' since they now mostly outnumber everyone else in that area. The big zergs have gone, and there's a timeframe where its mostly well-tuned groups of 4-8 hanging around in the few remaining main conflict areas taking down 'trickles' of players on their way.. Sometimes even see multiple small-scale groups in the same area from different factions - never engaging each other - just farming all the ungrouped 'randoms' (I'm sure this takes a lot of skill - they seem to think so). The faction groups aren't here to open new fronts - so individuals tend to either continue with getting farmed or 'surviving' them but getting no kills - or quit.
    Most quit.

This is where my hatred for small-scalers comes from. Its all well and good when the population is high - but as soon as it drops, they destroy any remining PVP on the server, and the online population tanks so fast its unreal.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP is so unbalanced it's not surprising. Also if anyone goes there and is moderately successful, it turns into a rage about it here on the forums and the inevitable nerf wrecking ball (a bat or a sledgehammer just didn't do it justice after the Sorc shield nerf) swings and destroys their class.

I'll keep my class, builds and dps off the radar as long as possible.
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should try BG'S if you can handle pvp without cp. Plenty of action on a regular basis.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Same here. Xbox na vivec ep stealing temple scrolls using a glitch. Guy has been doing it so long he's selling his "services." He's been reported dozens of times and yet Zos does nothing. I created a thread on it just yesterday and zos makes it disappear without a single reason as to why. They didn't even lock it... it just straight disappeared.

I knew it! We saw the scroll get pulled from Rayles the other day, but it wasn't popped and there was no siege on it. Someone just "walked" in and took it. I suspect there was some pre-planned gap closing through a door happening there. If this is really happening and Zos knows about it but is doing nothing, that is not cool at all, unless they're keeping it quiet until they can catch the trashcans red-handed. If that's the case, carry on and may the banhammer swing like lightning.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Xbox red has emp in both vivec and shor and rolls around 50 deep everywhere. Ad can put a decent zerg up in primetime. Dc just get hit from both sides. When dc gets wrapped up fighting ep for an hour at Chal or BRK, ad just backdoors.

This^^

EP has all Xbox servers pop-locked morning, noon, and night while we're lucky if we can get two bars at prime time on DC. AD just does what it always has and either backdoors either team (usually DC because they've got a hard-on for us), or sends ball zergs to go beat up the stairs in DC keeps (really weird you guys). It feels like everyone is just sort of gravitating toward EP on all servers for the easy, brainless campaign win while those of us faction die-hards are becoming more and more bored with the zerg-meta garbage and resulting terminating load screens.

There really isn't anything to be done about it either because you can't tell people who they can or can't play with, and the majority of players will choose the easy reward over challenging play (this isn't a personal dig, just a normal human tendency). It's really sad to see it happen to such an awesome part of the game.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's killing PVP in open world is lack of incentive. If they increase the incentives to actually participate in obtaining Cyrodill objectives outside of

- Emperor
    - Purple Jewelry
    - AP

Then top PVP guilds and top players will be interested in organizing the necessary tools to achieve success.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »

I knew it! We saw the scroll get pulled from Rayles the other day, but it wasn't popped and there was no siege on it. Someone just "walked" in and took it. I suspect there was some pre-planned gap closing through a door happening there. If this is really happening and Zos knows about it but is doing nothing, that is not cool at all, unless they're keeping it quiet until they can catch the trashcans red-handed. If that's the case, carry on and may the banhammer swing like lightning.

@p00tx If they can't use npcs, they get a friend to log in on another alliance. I've seen and heard of both. Person has been reported multiple times by multiple people and nothing. I've got screen shots on my Xbox profile (same as forum) if you want to take a look.
    Edited by usmguy1234 on November 1, 2018 8:29PM
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For anyone saying the population is fine

https://youtu.be/-DV9TwsosyI

There is enough people in this one video to populate all campaigns on a platform. Yet I see barely see this many people in a week
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the problems people are mentioning here fall more on the PVP community than ZOS. But ZOS should definitely be doing some incentivizing. Double-AP weekends every month or so, for one example.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at all these people riding acual horses instead of horrible abominations and flashy lightshows. These were the times...
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »
    What's killing PVP in open world is lack of incentive. If they increase the incentives to actually participate in obtaining Cyrodill objectives outside of

- Emperor
    - Purple Jewelry
    - AP

Then top PVP guilds and top players will be interested in organizing the necessary tools to achieve success.

That's not really it though. The only incentive I need to be in there is the availability of a fight. The rest is just extra. The big problem is that it's been de-incentivized. We'll be completely on point, running tight on a speed inner/outer keep take, everything going according to plan for the capture, we get inside and fight our way to flags when "BOOM"...loadscreen, for all of us. Maybe two of us come back from the loadscreen dead because one enemy was able to take us out while were standing there like helpless morons, and the rest get dashboarded, only to come back in to either base or out of Cyrodil altogether. No matter what we do, or where we go, this is pretty much constant on console. Push a breach- loadscreen. Gap close on someone- loadscreen. Ride across an empty field with no one in sight- loadscreen every 10m. What is the point of playing, skillfully or otherwise, if the only thing that matters is who randomly gets a loadscreen first?
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the problems people are mentioning here fall more on the PVP community than ZOS. But ZOS should definitely be doing some incentivizing. Double-AP weekends every month or so, for one example.

When people feel or are treated inferior to others sometimes they become self-fullfilling prophecies. Zos don't care to fix the bugs in Cyrodiil? Aight let's find a way to exploit them. Now here we are.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same on Xbox EU
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

- Emperor
    - Purple Jewelry
    - AP

Population was far higher when keeps were 100AP and resources 25AP, and there was nothing to buy with AP anyway except siege. Having AP as a viable currency is a good change, but it isn't what motivated people to go in the first place. Nor motivated them to stay.

Performance and quality of gameplay is what brings players and keeps them. Performance is currently atrocious and there's no quality of gameplay when your gear does damage for you and numbers trumps everything else.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    For anyone saying the population is fine

https://youtu.be/-DV9TwsosyI

There is enough people in this one video to populate all campaigns on a platform. Yet I see barely see this many people in a week

Idk Vivec PC NA seems fine population wise. Just a few days ago we fought an EP zerg of mostly werewolves that big around Bleakers. The problem is that the servers come to a grinding halt when that many people are in one area, so almost none of your abilities go off.
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    Can we just get the low population buff to work if you want players to eat dirt against team Orange all year?
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

- Emperor
    - Purple Jewelry
    - AP

Population was far higher when keeps were 100AP and resources 25AP, and there was nothing to buy with AP anyway except siege. Having AP as a viable currency is a good change, but it isn't what motivated people to go in the first place. Nor motivated them to stay.

Performance and quality of gameplay is what brings players and keeps them. Performance is currently atrocious and there's no quality of gameplay when your gear does damage for you and numbers trumps everything else.

I would say quality of gameplay is the biggest factor for me. I've played this game for several years on 6mb dsl (the horror) but I always stayed because in the grand scheme of things the fights seemed balanced... at least population wise. Now it's just watching the same dozen alliance members get pummeled to death by 50+ players all the way to the gate. Nothing has brought me to the brink of taking a break from eso more than this.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk