The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why did devs make scrolls worth 25 pts when they can be cheated so easily?

theyoungerbrother
theyoungerbrother
✭✭✭
Please explain why this is a good idea!
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS increased the point value for scrolls, so they would mean something. When they were worth 1 point, people would just ignore them or use them as bait, and not bother returning them to a keep.

As far as cheating with them, ZOS is very silent when it comes to "spies" doing shady stuff with scrolls. ZOS does need to step up their own rule set.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was an outcry about this from PC EU too, as it just gave the night cappers an even bigger lead
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    I was playing last night sorely outnumbered with no low pop buff and a troll working for the enemy steals the scroll and sits on it. Please tell me who is approving these morale busting measures into the game?
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    Scrolls already meant something! They give stat buffs and are worth 2 points if they are yours and one point to the enemy. Just admit the devs who inherited the code have no idea what end game balance in PvP looks like. I want a say in how it goes if I literally have 150x24 hours spent in PvP and they never ask for my input and I see all the broken things but they want to go to conventions like they are polished ?!
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scrolls already meant something! They give stat buffs and are worth 2 points if they are yours and one point to the enemy. Just admit the devs who inherited the code have no idea what end game balance in PvP looks like. I want a say in how it goes if I literally have 150x24 hours spent in PvP and they never ask for my input and I see all the broken things but they want to go to conventions like they are polished ?!

1 or 2 points is pretty irrelevant for the effort involved with retrieving a scroll.
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    Not when you can hold onto those scrolls for days
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I highly doubt you have 3600 hrs in pvp, or even 500. Otherwise you wouldn't be asking such noob questions.
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse me I helped D.C. Win 2017 December by 20 pts against all odds. Scrolls were already a pain in the ass to control. You don't have an answer to the question. Bye
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    People who don't play as much as me creating the content for the game yeah that's the issue
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    PSN Ratsnaggle I've been in PvP since Azuras and I play 1 toon that has like 150x24 hours played almost exclusively in PvP after I hit around lvl 35 I went into PvP. I've never done a trial. I don't like PvE
    Edited by theyoungerbrother on November 2, 2018 9:23PM
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    Did you know EP and AD guards are coded stronger than D.C.?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question is why does Zos ignore the issues.

Zos has long been slow to fix means players have used to get into or onto keeps in manners that are not intended. They log ignored that gap closers allowed players to leap onto players on top of walls even though it was clearly a mistake Zos made in an early update.

Even when Zos bothered to fix it, they still failed to fix it correctly the first time.

As for this, while I have not seen it in a long time, I understand one of the current issues is a player can still use certain gap closers (not stating which ones) to get into keeps and this was an issue over 4 years ago. Talk about ignoring issues in Cyrodiil.