The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should there be a Vampire Rework?

• Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, Please state in comments why
    health recovery is useless i didnt mentionned it, nobody cares.
    The only usefull vampire ability skill is the ultimate with a cost -21% but if you do not use it, then stage3 is enough to get the 4th passive. And about the 2 other skills, thr first one is totally useless and the mist is useless since oblivion damages are the new meta.

so if you do not stealth, you can stay at stage3 and still being really competitive.

I dont want to nerf theses passives and skills, i just want humans not to be inferior. So, considering fire damages arent hurting a lot, the only way to get balance between human/not human is to increase damages taken from fire OR from an other way... I don't know.

@xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »
    health recovery is useless i didnt mentionned it, nobody cares.
    The only usefull vampire ability skill is the ultimate with a cost -21% but if you do not use it, then stage3 is enough to get the 4th passive. And about the 2 other skills, thr first one is totally useless and the mist is useless since oblivion damages are the new meta.

so if you do not stealth, you can stay at stage3 and still being really competitive.

I dont want to nerf theses passives and skills, i just want humans not to be inferior. So, considering fire damages arent hurting a lot, the only way to get balance between human/not human is to increase damages taken from fire OR from an other way... I don't know.

I disagree. Humans do not have a huge disadvantage. How many people use dawnbreaker? It's the go to burst ult for stam classes and it does extra dmg to vampires, fire staves are almost always used for mag classes in pvp due to +8% single target dmg. DK is almost 100% fire dmg. Dark elves have +7% fire dmg.

Health regen is not completely useless when built for. It's generally a lame passive to invest in, but think about sets like troll king that are useless if your a vampire. I can get my health regen to 4-5k with a stam sorc orc with gold food and troll king. That isn't negligible and it's way stronger than using vampire to gain 10% regen, extra fire/fighters guild penalty dmg and a sneaking passive if I'm not in to sneaking, the 33% damage mitigation won't save me from a burst that puts me in execute range.

The reason I stopped being a vampire was I was tired of being burst down by fire/fighters guild. Vampire is still extremely useful because of it's passives but increasing fire damage is not the solution, it's already very strong and my build became a lot stronger without vampire when I created a 2nd toon.

Builds that want the no penalty of sneaking become even MORE of a glass cannon by taking +25% fire and fighters guild damage and if they rely on seaking for burst damage you can bet their defense is already low. 33% damage mitigation will not save them either against +25% fire/fighters guild damage.

The skill line feels under developed but increased fire damage is not the answer.

Edited by MashmalloMan on October 29, 2018 11:07PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id like to stress that body/face markings do not show up properly, and have been ignored by Zos for years.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, please state in comments why
    Balance is already junk this patch, do we need more?
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everyone's in it just for the passive.
    it has negligible impact on gameplay, other than the occasional accidents where you feed on someone when you mean to use blade of woe.

thematically, playing a vampire does not feel vampy at all.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I would like to see vampire be given its own play style rather than something you just need for the buff because sustain sucks now
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Yes, I would like to see vampire be given its own play style rather than something you just need for the buff because sustain sucks now

So you want to have to earn 300 ultimate in order to benefit from vampire line at all and then be restricted to 5 skills during that time?

How boring. I use the vampire skills as it is. This would be a great loss.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »
    ^ Just asking, i don't find them that appealing, werewolves are much cooler, you turn into a werewolf and have a whole set of abilities which makes it amusing. When i use vampire skills it just seems so boring, and having to feed constantly.

there are so many vamps running around, they are ugly and still they are there.
    considering this, there is no need to make them optically more "normal"
    better let ZOS put their effords in real issues, then they have already enough to do!!!
    (I did the skilline with 3 of my ladies and let them get cured afterwards, they look so bad as vamps that I was no longer able to see them suffering !)
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    raj72616a wrote: »
    thematically, playing a vampire does not feel vampy at all.

This. It feels stupid that sucking blood is detrimental for my sneaky stamblade as I loose sneakspeed. Sucking blood regulary should make a vampire stronger, not weaker. But maybe I'm just too used to regular vampire lore and ESO vampire lore is drasticly different?
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »
    Considering 80% of PvE population is a vampire? No, not really. They are ok. Maybe just fix the way they look.

Well yeah, passives are fine. But i barely see anyone using the vampire skills.

@Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Maybe
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Olquorron
    Olquorron
    ✭✭✭
    The costs far, far outweigh the benefits in PvP. If something changes such that the benefits are actually worth the costs (in a PvP context), I'd go back.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many people want the sparkley vampire from twilight and I want Dracula from the Castlevania game.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    Too many people want the sparkley vampire from twilight and I want Dracula from the Castlevania game.

I'll settle for vampires from Dracula Untold.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ScardyFox wrote: »

I'll settle for vampires from Dracula Untold.

Oh man... how the chick vamp turns into a cloud of bats when the guy tries to hit her with a sword. Zenimax take notes for mist form ;) if you could control mist form like that without having to weapon swap that would be amazing. Also if mist form just slowed your regen by a percentage that would be awesome as well. The glaring issue on the front is fire damage. It needs to be reset back to baseline accounting for power creep in the game... firstly 2h counting as 2 items really amped up the damage and now the enchant debacle.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Let us hide vampirism.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the whole skill line
    Drain Essence is pretty bad
    Baleful Mist needs help.
    Bat Swarm needs buff or something new
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• tjcd
    tjcd
    ✭✭
    How funny it is when people yelling for vampire rework but no one mentioned that vampires should suffer from sunlight as they should. ;)
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait what? Vampires have skills?
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't they only have like 2 abilities? And the ultimate? Yeah I would say add more abilities and mabye add a transformation like they did in skyrim
  • Leocaran
    Leocaran
    ✭✭✭
    I want Dracula from the Castlevania game.
    Do you know that Dracula from Castlevania series (don't know about games) looks almost normal (so much closer to sparkly) and also is insanely powerful? God-like, comparing to Bram Stoker's Dracula.
    tjcd wrote: »
    How funny it is when people yelling for vampire rework but no one mentioned that vampires should suffer from sunlight as they should. ;)
    No, they shouldn't at all, and also it's impossible in MMORPG. At least in this MMORPG.
    Edited by Leocaran on November 14, 2018 10:24AM
  • Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fighters Guild skill line should be disabled for vampires. But give them some new abilities instead.
  • daveywavey
    Other
    I voted 'Other'.

I'm satisfied with the way it is at the moment, but I wouldn't object to it being reworked.

Regarding the "3 skills vs 6 skills" thing, I always figured that the drawback to being allowed the Vampire Passives all the time was having less skills. Werewolves have more skills to use, but can only use them when in Werewolf form. I don't think that Vampires need more skills, and I don't think that they should be given the amount the Werewolves have but then also allowed to keep the Passives at all times. To expect such is asking to make the Vampire class way too strong and overpowered compared to Werewolves and non-Diseased Characters.

The skills themselves are a little disappointing. I used the Drain when I was low-levelled and doing solo questing, but there are so many better alternatives that I don't bother with them any more. I always slot Elusive Mist when I'm out thieverin', cos I can just sprint away from any guards that spot me and they can't CC me. But other than that, I don't use the skills at all. I'm Vampire purely for the Passives and the RP.

The "Vampire Class Feedback Thread" says it best. There's a post on there that mentions the Feeding being the wrong way around, and having not thought about it before, it explained perfectly what was wrong with the class. Feeding should activate these Passives, rather than reduce them. Whether that's finding a consenting NPC or chucking down a Bloody Mara, drinking your lifeforce-empowering blood should make you stronger, not reduce all of your abilities.

At the moment, there aren't really any negatives to being a Vampire. Sure, the increased fire damage can be nasty, but when you consider that you should be taking fire damage already just from being outside during the day-time, it doesn't offset all the positives you get from it. I remember in TES3: Morrowind, when you were a Vampire you'd be taking constant sun damage during the day-time, and NPCs would refuse to talk to you, and some would even attack you on sight. Being a Vampire in ESO is massively dumbed down and a whoooole lot easier. Thinking about it now, it'd be quite funky to have an extra PvP "capture the flag" area where Vampires and Dawnguard could fight it out for possession of Auriel's Bow...

TL:DR - Number of skills is fine. Skills themselves don't really matter cos there will always be better BiS skills to use. Feeding is the wrong way around and should activate Vampire Passives rather than reduce them. But, if these changes didn't happen, I wouldn't be particularly bothered.
    Edited by daveywavey on November 14, 2018 1:15PM
  • daveywavey
    Other
    leeux wrote: »
    I'd like to be it reworked so that the people that doesn't want to be vamp and had to take the sour pill and be one just because of the passives for magicka build, can chose not to be one and still have the regen or some of the benefits from some other source.

I may have read this wrong, but it sounds like you want to have Vampire Passives without being a Vampire?

• Leocaran
    Leocaran
    ✭✭✭
    daveywavey wrote: »
    The "Vampire Class Feedback Thread" says it best. There's a post on there that mentions the Feeding being the wrong way around, and having not thought about it before, it explained perfectly what was wrong with the class. Feeding should activate these Passives, rather than reduce them. Whether that's finding a consenting NPC or chucking down a Bloody Mara, drinking your lifeforce-empowering blood should make you stronger, not reduce all of your abilities.

At the moment, there aren't really any negatives to being a Vampire. Sure, the increased fire damage can be nasty, but when you consider that you should be taking fire damage already just from being outside during the day-time, it doesn't offset all the positives you get from it. I remember in TES3: Morrowind, when you were a Vampire you'd be taking constant sun damage during the day-time, and NPCs would refuse to talk to you, and some would even attack you on sight. Being a Vampire in ESO is massively dumbed down and a whoooole lot easier.
    That's all soo contradictory... If you are talking about TES vampires, you just can't be surprised that they are more powerful and 'vampiric' when hungry. Also you just can't be surprised they don't take damage from the sun, because there are dozens of really different vampire clans in TES, and they didn't take sun damage in Skyrim either.
    Edited by Leocaran on November 14, 2018 1:25PM
  • daveywavey
    Other
    Leocaran wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »

At the moment, there aren't really any negatives to being a Vampire. Sure, the increased fire damage can be nasty, but when you consider that you should be taking fire damage already just from being outside during the day-time, it doesn't offset all the positives you get from it. I remember in TES3: Morrowind, when you were a Vampire you'd be taking constant sun damage during the day-time, and NPCs would refuse to talk to you, and some would even attack you on sight. Being a Vampire in ESO is massively dumbed down and a whoooole lot easier.
    That's all soo contradictory... If you are talking about TES vampires, you just can't be surprised that they are more powerful and 'vampiric' when hungry. Also you just can't be surprised they don't take damage from the sun, because there are dozens of really different vampire clans in TES, and they didn't take sun damage in Skyrim either.

Why would you be more powerful when you haven't fed? There's currently no reason to Feed, so you have creatures that (un)live their entire (un)life without ever eating anything. Give us a reason to Feed!

And Skyrim was massively dumbed down from our normal TES games, even more so than Oblivion. And it's only a very specific type of Vampirism, Noxophilic Sanguivoria, that has no sunlight damage. Although, I'm not sure which version we have...
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mist Form is nearly useless now because the 75% damage reduction doesn't do anything against Oblivion damage. I stopped slotting it when I was getting Sloaded to death before the 4 seconds was even up.

Had no clue about this. Horrible news. I will say if I use mist form preemptively to reposition then it saves me a lot, but if I use it when I'm near death I just get a bunch of try hards focusing me and ignoring everyone else. Nothing like a NB's cloak in terms of saving my arse.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The increased damage from Dawnbreakers needs to go. Every stam player uses DB. It's to massive a tradeoff for mist form and a bit of recovery.
  • TiZzA93
    TiZzA93
    ✭✭✭
    @daveywavey we have the version u mentioned i recognise the name from when i get cursed before doing the quest.

Also id like baleful mist to change also make the ultimate ALOT weaker and it b a skill then the ultimate vampire lord transformation
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I like vampire as is, just want to hide the ugly skin
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates