The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Should there be a Vampire Rework?

MagicalLija
MagicalLija
✭✭✭✭✭
^ Just asking, i don't find them that appealing, werewolves are much cooler, you turn into a werewolf and have a whole set of abilities which makes it amusing. When i use vampire skills it just seems so boring, and having to feed constantly.

Should there be a Vampire Rework? 151 votes

Yes, Please state in comments why
66%
perogwin_ESOxseparatrix_ESO1mirgagabahmeatshieldb14_ESOdeLioncourtOrillionScardyFoxLordTareqSotha_SilTanis-StormbinderTonno_SenSeiVexariusleeuxRi_KhanLord_WrathHookgrinEdziuDigimanXarkoEvilKiwi 100 votes
No, please state in comments why
23%
SolarikenDeadlyRecluseMojmirStxLightspeedflashb14_ESOAzuryadreamfareridkAektannmitebaDHaleimrednecksonDefiltedAlucardoKadoinfirerapturesusmitdsjeedrzejTasearWhite wabbit 36 votes
Other
9%
wsmith97ub17_ESOIlluvatarrInvictusApolloKelcesGargathDracan_Fontomfullheartcontainerdovakiin5574MehrunesFlagonArtim_XFinedaibleHappyLittleTreecolossalvoidsdaveywaveyWyrd88 15 votes
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering 80% of PvE population is a vampire? No, not really. They are ok. Maybe just fix the way they look.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Considering 80% of PvE population is a vampire? No, not really. They are ok. Maybe just fix the way they look.

Well yeah, passives are fine. But i barely see anyone using the vampire skills.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »

People use mist form in PvP (and rarely PvE) as a mobility tool. Pretty potent for DKs and Templars. Drain is used by tanks as an ulti gain skill. They are niche but not useless and that's how they should be. Bats are trash though, I'll give you that.
    Edited by Royaji on October 29, 2018 4:04PM
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »

People use mist form is used in PvP (and rarely PvE) as a mobility tool. Pretty potent for DKs and Templars. Drain is used by tanks as an ulti gain skill. They are niche but not useless and that's how they should be. Bats are trash though, I'll give you that.

i honestly forgot about the bats
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina morphs would be nice. Maybe a couple new skills would be nice too.
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    They need to re-work vampire. 1, it should not be a passive thing. when i think about going vampire, i think "is the 10% regen worth the increased fire damage?". in pve, yes, in pvp, no. ez. with WW, you can actually build around it and you feel like a Were Wolf. if im a vampire, i feel like one of those zombies they called vampires in rivenspire.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power creep from a pvp perspective.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, absolutely - as I have stated in the |Vampire feedback thread it should be a lot more then just a handful of passives. I'd like to see it have a vampire lord transform with unique skills.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

Strongly agree. Whenever I see someone go into mist form, my only thought is "great! free kill"

Mist form needs the heal debuff removed. Vampires already take 20% more damage from nearly every other person in pvp either from dawnbreaker or flame staves.

Casting a HOT + mistform should be allowed. Stam blades have a similar mechanic in vigor + cloak.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »

Strongly agree. Whenever I see someone go into mist form, my only thought is "great! free kill"

Mist form needs the heal debuff removed. Vampires already take 20% more damage from nearly every other person in pvp either from dawnbreaker or flame staves.

Casting a HOT + mistform should be allowed. Stam blades have a similar mechanic in vigor + cloak.

Then Mistform would just be a superior version of Cloak.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like vampires as they are. I certainly do not want a system like OP is suggesting where we have to use an ultimate to change into a vampire. That would virtually kill it.
    Stamina morphs would be nice. Maybe a couple new skills would be nice too.

Very doubtful. Looking at the WW line that was just reworked it still scales off stam and weapon damage.
    Edited by idk on October 29, 2018 8:21PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as long as the sneak speed passive is allowed to stay or be even faster then sure, id love a rework on the vampire skill line.
    right now i do not feel like a vampire, i never feed and is nothing about the fact that i'm a vampire in my play time.
    nothing.
    and yes that does seem wrong in a sense, i mean the skills in vampire don't even really seem like vampire skills.
    but, it is what it is.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as long as the sneak speed passive is allowed to stay or be even faster then sure, id love a rework on the vampire skill line.

If Zos changes vamp to be like the WW line as OP is advocating then we would and should lose all passives when not in WW form just like WW does now.

Essentially vamp does not fit OP's playstyle so he wants it changes to where it does, somehow.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well vamps are only really used for like three passives, maybe for Mist Form if you're on a no-mobility class in PvP... I would say "Yes" overall as only a slim portion of it is ever actually used.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vampire are too op.
    they need to be more vulnerable to the fire or at least the skills of the warriors's guild.

Actually in pvp, basically we have to be vampire to be competitive, or WW. It's unbalanced
    Edited by Xarc on October 29, 2018 8:45PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... Werewolf had some changes in wolfhunter update... and it seems that most player are disappointed about WW changes. Sure - there were numerous bug fixes for ww skills but that's about it.

The question is... would you risk to change anything about vampire's skills & passives ? Even if we as players give a clear feedback to ZOS what we want - they might do something totally different - as they did with WW...
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If by "rework" we mean "finish the skill line so it has five active skills like every other skill line," then yes.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    iCaliban wrote: »

Then Mistform would just be a superior version of Cloak.

You say this like its a problem. Obviously no healing to full healing is a drastic choice. 50% healing debuff would be more appropriate.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mist Form is nearly useless now because the 75% damage reduction doesn't do anything against Oblivion damage. I stopped slotting it when I was getting Sloaded to death before the 4 seconds was even up.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i will admit i am just a pawn in the big chess game we are playing here in eso, but i must insist and beg of you to not destroy what we have here in this vampire skill line if it includes removing the constant sneak speed passives and allowing for us to be a vampire at all times simply because someone finds it distasteful.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i will admit i am just a pawn in the big chess game we are playing here in eso, but i must insist and beg of you to not destroy what we have here in this vampire skill line if it includes removing the constant sneak speed passives and allowing for us to be a vampire at all times simply because someone finds it distasteful.

It's cool as it is, they just need to add in a few things, at least change the ult and maybe add a few extra active skills, like i don't know a blood pool or something like that
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »
    Vampire are too op.
    they need to be more vulnerable to the fire or at least the skills of the warriors's guild.

we vampires are OP? ha ..

590.gif

on the contrary sir, infact we die to fire almost instantly
    and it does hurt and kill us within a few soconds in PvP and PvE

and as far as the whole idea of being over Powered as you suggest

i would love to see the reason you think we are over powered and what skill it might be that makes us overpowered.

go ahead my good man, please do show us ...

• Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vampire are too op.

590.gif

i would love to see the reason you think we are over powered and what skill it might be that makes us overpowered.

Mate, i'm vampire too, I know how it's op
    My main isnt vampire for some reasons (he was), but my other chars are, and the difference is really significative.
    Fire is nothing... only dawnbreaker is nice against us.
    Edited by Xarc on October 29, 2018 9:31PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    - since april.2014
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i knew you could not answer the question ...
    you named not even one thing, not a skill, not speed, nothing.

if you have something you would like to show us that is overpowered about us vampires then please do share.

Edited by Gilvoth on October 29, 2018 9:42PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vampire are too op.

590.gif

Mate, i'm vampire too, I know how it's op
    My main isnt vampire for some reasons (he was), but my other chars are, and the difference is really significative.
    Fire is nothing... only dawnbreaker is nice against us.

Fire is nothing? Have you faced a DK before? They melt you. It's very strong, it's the exact reason I made a pvp toon without vampire and a pve toon with.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oh, easy.

The fact it's unbalanced :

vamp have +10% regen stam and magicka, they run in stealth, and they have until 33% damages taken reduced based on missing health under 50%... Plus a very good aoe ultimate with good value for dmg/cost/heal received etc.
    Ha, and I forgot the fact to stealth quickly at night...

SO, regen+rapidity+damages taken reduced against what ? Dawnbreaker ultimate and 1 enchant. wow...
    Choice is done. Better to be vampire to be competitive.

Edited by Xarc on October 29, 2018 9:45PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    - since april.2014
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you only get those things if you dont feed
    and stage 4 vampirism.

and that means 25% damage to fire at stage 4 vampire.

so basically you just listed a very miner return of benefits that comes with 25% fire weakness.
    not worth it.

that's not pointing to being overpowered, that's pointing out how stupid we are to get to and stay at stage 4 vampirism for some small trinkets that allow for death at a faster pace.
    Edited by Gilvoth on October 29, 2018 9:55PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pardon me i misquoted, here are the numbers

Side Effect All Stages:

Each last 6 hours, but casting any Vampire ability will advance this timer by 30 minutes.
    Feeding as a Vampire will lower your Vampire Stage by 1

While you have Vampirism stage 1:

0% Flame Damage taken, 0% Vampire Ability cost reduction, 0% Health Recovery reduction

While you have Vampirsim stage 2:

15% Flame Damage taken, 7% Vampire Ability cost reduction, 25% Health Recovery reduction

While you have Vampirism stage 3:

20% Flame Damage taken, 14% Vampire Ability cost reduction, 50% Health Recovery reduction

While you have Vampirism stage 4:

25% Flame Damage taken, 21% Vampire Ability cost reduction, 75% Health Recovery reduction
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do you realize how easy it is to pull us out of stealth?
    it's instant, even passing by a mudcrab and we loose that sneak speed because it pulls us out of stealth.

and that 75% Health Recovery reduction hurts prety bad, it means when we recieve damage we stay therein a damaged state especially from fire, so if you heal and heal and spam heal it simply times out and your dead within a very short time.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to be it reworked so that the people that doesn't want to be vamp and had to take the sour pill and be one just because of the passives for magicka build, can chose not to be one and still have the regen or some of the benefits from some other source.

Also, for the people like that that DON'T want to be vamp and has chosen NOT to be, there has to be some side benefit to that position too... else, as other's said, 75 to 80% of all characters are vamp and from those I'm sure there's a big number of them that wouldn't be if things were different.
    Edited by leeux on October 29, 2018 10:04PM
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>