The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate #OurElderScrolls with Events, Sweepstakes, & More!"

• Rhoande
    Rhoande
    ✭✭
    I too would be curious as to what specifically the laws are in the 3 US states that cannot enter. (Obviously I feel for our overseas brethren, as I am in Florida) but I know it's probably some small, asinine ruling relating to gambling which seems dumb by comparison to other gambling issues in our state. If it's some backwards law that isn't really applying to much I'd like to know what it is.

I know more ESO players in Florida than I do literally anywhere else. It's both weird and disconcerting as I don't actually want to meet people and they're far too close to my liking, but it's a large subset of the PC NA community at least.

Edit: especially since I can participate in the design-a-t-shirt contest but not the main one that is being discussed.
    Edited by Rhoande on October 31, 2018 8:21PM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Florida has a combination of a surety bond/trust account requirement with a mandatory, non-refundable filing fee, as well as the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services reserving the right to publish a list of names and addresses of all winners regardless of the winner's location.

So Bethesda would have to bond $29,770.80 and I would get absolutely no say in any publication in Florida publishing my name and address (within 60 days of prize determination) even though I don't live in Florida. I would have no way to stop any individual from requesting and receiving the names and addresses of winners ("The operator shall provide a copy of the list of winners, without charge, to any person who requests it.")

The reason the whole "Florida Man" meme exists is because Florida offers a lot of unobstructed public record access through Sunshine legislation. Which is great for government accountability but not so much for individuals who get unnecessary attention.

The bond requirement is annoying, but I feel the list is a legitimate privacy concern.

The 2018 Florida Statutes:
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?mode=View Statutes&SubMenu=1&App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=849.094&URL=0800-0899/0849/Sections/0849.094.html
    signing off
  • Rhoande
    Rhoande
    ✭✭
    Thanks for delivering that info @Acrolas. I've always thought it was odd we had a lot of posted "news" that seems like other states would have as well, but never gets published. Now it actually makes sense to me.

Some/but not all of that just makes me sigh as it definitely comes across as going after the wrong thing, but I do see why they would exclude us Floridians even if a lot of players live here.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Italia, Asia and the southern hemisphere are not listed again? Not even surprising anymore.

I know right?
    Well the world is flat anyway....isn't it?
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Ishinaia
    Ishinaia
    Soul Shriven
    So Italia, Asia and the southern hemisphere are not listed again? Not even surprising anymore.

Yep, but being in Australia we always cop the short end of the stick. Funny considering what a gambling paradise it is here :neutral: