The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

increased crit damage ?

Creationofgod
Creationofgod
✭✭✭
I am trying a crit damage PVE build with my magplar.

i noticed that on the Aedric skill line is a passive that grants 10% increase in crit damage, i noticed that when i check on my player stats that its not increased in stats? anyone else has seen this ?
and is it just a visual bug ?

also apart from cp tree and that specific passive what other means of increase to crit damage are there ?

please let me know what you think , thanks in advance!!
PC eu. Main : Magplar cp 320
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    the number you see on the stat sheet is crit CHANCE, not crit DAMAGE, one is the rng to hit a crit, the other is the damge you WHEN you crit.

there are a few ways as a mag build to up your CHD, mainly the stuff you mentioned and minor and major force, the former from channeled acceleration and the later from warhorn.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 31, 2018 10:29AM
  • Creationofgod
    Creationofgod
    ✭✭✭
    the number you see on the stat sheet is crit CHANCE, not crit DAMAGE, one is the rng to hit a crit, the other is the damge you WHEN you crit.

there are a few ways as a mag build to up your CHD, mainly the stuff you mentioned and minor and major force, the former from channeled acceleration and the later from warhorn.

i downloaded an addon where you can see you crit damage increase (but i stand corrected it does show, i screwed up by having an other one on my skill line and did not notice it)

alright thnx for the advice on the channeld acceleration and the warhorn stuff!!

do you think its worth running it ? instead of other skills?
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i downloaded an addon where you can see you crit damage increase (but i stand corrected it does show, i screwed up by having an other one on my skill line and did not notice it)

alright thnx for the advice on the channeld acceleration and the warhorn stuff!!

Acceleration yes, warhorn no since healers and tanks will use this as their primary ultimate & you'd get a lot more dps from running a destro ult.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Creationofgod
    Creationofgod
    ✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »

Acceleration yes, warhorn no since healers and tanks will use this as their primary ultimate & you'd get a lot more dps from running a destro ult.

Alright ! thanks a lot

i will give it a try ! see how it compares dps wise
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In trials yes, it’s worthwhile to buff a whole team of 12 for tank/healer, in dungeons war horn is quite rare, so maybe OP can slot it (if crit damage is main target of build)
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In trials yes, it’s worthwhile to buff a whole team of 12 for tank/healer, in dungeons war horn is quite rare, so maybe OP can slot it (if crit damage is main target of build)

Ofcourse not. Warhorn is the only viable and useful ultimate for tanks and healers, dd should NEVER run it (except some cases, like vAA score runs). Your ultimate as a DD should be always damage one.
    Edited by getemshauna on October 31, 2018 12:46PM
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • Creationofgod
    Creationofgod
    ✭✭✭

well i run mothersorrow and staffs with weapon crit traits, i want to focus on crit damage because for magplar its one of the more easy way to boost dps ( i think )

5pc mothersorrow (all divine trait)
    5pc rattlecage ( all divine trait) ( not the weapons)
    (the lover mundus )
    2 valkyn
    all jewelry spell damage glyphs

i currently have :
    66% crit chance
    69% crit damage increase
    2600 spell damage on frontbar
    2300 spell damage on backbar
    and about 12 k penetration

so i dont know putting those skills on my bars will do me any good since i need skils for sustain
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ofcourse not. Warhorn is the only viable and useful ultimate for tanks and healers, dd should NEVER run it (except some cases, like vAA score runs). Your ultimate as a DD should be always damage one.

I talk about practice what you see in dungeons, not about what is needed in min-max guilds specialized on fast runs, achievements etc.. in average pug/lfg/casual guild groups war horn is rare, maybe 20% of runs or even less. And if OP was from min-max guild i doubt he’ll ask about warhorn.
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on October 31, 2018 12:51PM
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I talk about practice what you see in dungeons, not about what is needed in min-max guilds specialized on fast runs, achievements etc.. in average pug/lfg/casual guild groups war horn is rare, maybe 20% of runs or even less. And if OP was from min-max guild i doubt he’ll ask about warhorn.

Warhorn increases your DPS by %. More dps you have, more benefit you gain from it. If you're doing practice runs it means your DPS isn't minmaxed enough to get full profit from Warhorn, what is another reason to pick damage ultimate.
    Youtube Channel
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

well i run mothersorrow and staffs with weapon crit traits, i want to focus on crit damage because for magplar its one of the more easy way to boost dps ( i think )

(the lover mundus )
    2 valkyn

i currently have :
    66% crit chance
    69% crit damage increase

so i dont know putting those skills on my bars will do me any good since i need skils for sustain

Change rattlecage to julianos and your staffs to infused, you will get more DPS. Have channel focus and your back bar enchantment to absorb magic, more then enough sustain there.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 31, 2018 1:30PM
  • Creationofgod
    Creationofgod
    ✭✭✭

(the lover mundus )
    2 valkyn

i currently have :
    66% crit chance
    69% crit damage increase

Change rattlecage to julianos and your staff to infused, you will get more DPS.

thnx will try it !! i already have the jullianos staves
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Warhorn increases your DPS by %. More dps you have, more benefit you gain from it. If you're doing practice runs it means your DPS isn't minmaxed enough to get full profit from Warhorn, what is another reason to pick damage ultimate.
    What about popular now vet dlc 3dd run? one of 3 can easily use warhorn to rise overall group dps, because tank needs to use all
    possible resources for group survival
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about popular now vet dlc 3dd run? one of 3 can easily use warhorn to rise overall group dps, because tank needs to use all

Not gonna argue with you, just watch the video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTCjYxSf12o&t
    Youtube Channel
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nope, only the tank should run horn. can easily build enough ultimate on add pulls to have it ready for the next boss and being real survival isn't an issue.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nope, only the tank should run horn. can easily build enough ultimate on add pulls to have it ready for the next boss and being real survival isn't an issue.

Yeah, yeah, that’s why every dlc pledge my tank is send to group of 3 cp810 standing lonely with previous tank gone after 1st, 2nd etc boss, survival is not an issue of course, especially without healer.

And a lot of boss mechanics actually punish you if there is too much dps.. so horn in dungeons is viable only in certain situations, not like something “default, bis, best” etc - horn like must have - it’s only a point of view of selfish dps, but who actually can’t carry dlc vet by himself alone.
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, yeah, that’s why every dlc pledge my tank is send to group of 3 cp810 standing lonely with previous tank gone after 1st, 2nd etc boss, survival is not an issue of course, especially without healer.

And a lot of boss mechanics actually punish you if there is too much dps.. so horn in dungeons is viable only in certain situations, not like something “default, bis, best” etc - horn like must have - it’s only a point of view of selfish dps, but who actually can’t carry dlc vet by himself alone.

Where are you going with that? Surviving solo as a tank in a dungeon isn't difficult task at all, and I don't know how many proofs you need to realize you're wrong.
    What boss mechanics punish you for having too much dps? Only the last boss of Moonhunter Keep is the only and one example, but here horn is also necessary on a tank due to Werewolf packs mechanics and obviously execute. And in execute you're rewarded with good dps again - that's why connection of tank's horn and triple/double dmg ultimates are greatest option.

You can run dungeons/trials however you want, but this discussion is about most optimized and best working setup, what certainly is one we suggested above.
    Edited by getemshauna on October 31, 2018 2:32PM
    Youtube Channel
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where are you going with that? Surviving solo as a tank in a dungeon isn't difficult task at all, and I don't know how many proofs you need to realize you're wrong.
    What boss mechanics punish you for having too much dps? Only the last boss of Moonhunter Keep is the only and one example, but here horn is also necessary on a tank due to Werewolf packs mechanics and obviously execute. And in execute you're rewarded with good dps again - that's why connection of tank's horn and triple/double dmg ultimates are greatest option.

You can run dungeons/trials however you want, but this discussion is about most optimized and best working setup, what certainly is one we suggested above.

I agree with you completely if we talk about coordinated group working on clearing dungeon fast. If we talk about group of random people, even “friends” or guildmates, in practice it doesn’t work that way. Trying to nuke boss ignoring adds and activating all
    possible hp% based mechanics (during which boss also have periods of full invincibility) ends in wipe of group of randoms and there is little help from horn here. On the other side using magmashell
    in right moment saves the group from wipe.

And of course i mean dlc vets, all other dungeons are so easy for experienced players that they could use any sets /skills and complete run fast and without problems.

That’s why you see horn 20% of runs and usually from guys who just use trial setup and lazy to change it.