Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FPS Problem

• Montie
    Montie
    ✭✭✭
    ManicDee wrote: »
    They fixed the Alt+Tab lockup issue by removing the fullscreen option.
    Options present in 4.2.6: Windowed, Windowed (Fullscreen), Fullscreen. All 3 are left.

Yeah all 3 are there, but Windowed(fullscreen) use to start up in a window and then you hit the fullscreen button. The button has been disabled. If you opt to play in full screen then there are yet other issues.
    Edited by Montie on October 29, 2018 1:23PM
  • Gattopardo
    Gattopardo
    ✭✭
    I don't think we will see the client being changed to a extremely well working one anytime soon.
    They are basically using the mac client to beta a change to Vulkan for the windows client by doing the metal support through Molten. Meaning that we on Mac are live testing any changes they are making to roll out Vulkan support next year.

Is that fair or nice? not really. I switched to bootcamp right now when I go to trials, as I have at least pre-murmire fps there, but still have the other Murkmire-bugs as the people on PC have, which are plenty enough.
  • Jeth
    Jeth
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it makes little sense to invest ANYTHING (that includes all kind of resources)into something to make it public and then dump it right away makes no sense at all. I would agree that it could make sense if there was just some internal prototype that nobody outside of the company would ever learn about. Keep in mind that this is not just about investment made by the whole company but also by each team involved separately.

As for going silent sorry but what do you expect? Personal report each day in your mail? They will have something to share they will share. Assuming they work they use some iterative methodology in their processes then keep in mind that i.e. single sprint in Scrum takes at the very least 2 weeks (which means 2 weeks before the actual work is marked as verified and done). What more should they say if they do not have any ETA outside of by the end of the year or within next few weeks? Especially that people qqing expect that the answer will be "expect all changes reverted or fix by tomorrow morning".

One thing that I can agree with is that with patch notes for 4.2.5 there could be some acknowledgment that performance is still work i progress.

It makes sense if they plan to use us as an alpha/beta (again) while they convert other platforms. What I expect is a small amount of intellectual honesty out of ZOS. What I expect is the answers to basic questions already asked by me and others. The absence of answers will only serve to stoke the flames.

1. When can we expect the incremental updates to improve performance?
    2. What amount of improvement can we expect? i.e. going from 10 fps to 20 isn't gonna cut it.
    3. How can this possibly pass a developer or tester sniff test and make it to release without even a mention in patch notes.

I think we all know the answer to 3 - Cause if they had told us, many would have unsubbed 3 months ago instead of last week.

Gaming industry is serious business. You don't screw your customer and then not own it. They don't take customer satisfaction seriously enough. @ZOS_GinaBruno is just the person that gets to deliver (or not deliver) the news.
    -Jeth
  • rluke
    rluke
    ✭✭✭
    Cant enter Fullscreenmode, only Little Window or stretched from Dock to the taskbar
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone. As Gina mentioned earlier in this thread, we are aware of this issue and working on some improvements to Mac performance that will go out in an upcoming incremental patch. In the meantime, if you have not yet done so could you please reply to this thread with your "About This Mac" info?

Thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Mavor
    Mavor
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, Ive never had to tweak any gfx settings in all the years Ive been playing - until Murkmire came out. Game still runs normally in every zone except Murkmire - where I routinely experience large FPS drop - it seems to occur during sunrise and sunset most noticeably - and gets worse the closer my view angle is to the sun.
  • Jeth
    Jeth
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. As Gina mentioned earlier in this thread, we are aware of this issue and working on some improvements to Mac performance that will go out in an upcoming incremental patch. In the meantime, if you have not yet done so could you please reply to this thread with your "About This Mac" info?

Thank you!
    Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac18,3
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 4.2 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 8 MB
    Memory: 64 GB
    Boot ROM Version: IM183.0161.B00
    SMC Version (system): 2.41f1
    Serial Number (system): xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Hardware UUID: A954D351-8258-5177-A016-7FD990C5EC17

Radeon Pro 580:

Chipset Model: Radeon Pro 580
    Type: GPU
    Bus: PCIe
    PCIe Lane Width: x16
    VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 8192 MB
    Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
    Device ID: 0x67df
    Revision ID: 0x00c0
    ROM Revision: 113-D000AA-931
    VBIOS Version: 113-D0001A1X-025
    EFI Driver Version: 01.00.931
    Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1
    Displays:
    iMac:
    Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD
    Resolution: 5120 x 2880 Retina
    Framebuffer Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)
    Main Display: Yes
    Mirror: Off
    Online: Yes
    Rotation: Supported
    Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

Edited by Jeth on October 29, 2018 3:41PM
    -Jeth
  • Gattopardo
    Gattopardo
    ✭✭
    In the meantime, if you have not yet done so could you please reply to this thread with your "About This Mac" info?
    9facjqmoknz3.png

I also notices when I compared the activity monitor on Mac to the performance of eso on my bootcamp partition, that while the windows client is using 100% of the gpu, that the Mac client is only using 30-40% of the gpu hence the lower fps.
    Edited by Gattopardo on October 29, 2018 4:31PM
  • Punnyguy
    Punnyguy

Thank you!

kyujae6kq2tx.jpg

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just signed onto my mac for the first time, same issue. OSX Mojave, 2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 ghz i7, Radeon Pro 560, 16gb ram. No problem at all on Windows.
  • HowTaoBrownCow
    HowTaoBrownCow
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Jessica. I'll certainly look forward to that patch. As of this morning's build, I'm still having the same FPS issues, plus the brand new Window-Mode problems mentioned in the recent additions to this thread. The info in the About My Mac box is below: if you need more details, please let me know and I'll be happy to provide them.

MacOS Mojave Version 10.14
    MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
    Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Startup Disk: Macintosh HD
    Graphics: Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB
    Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Note: the Intel graphics processor is disabled; the Radeon is used exclusively, per the Activity Monitor
    Censored
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FPS is really bad, getting 20 fps in Daggerfall! absolutely crazy usaully get 60-50 there!

Windows 7

PC EU
    Edited by xclassgaming on October 29, 2018 4:27PM
    Add Veyas hair for us players to use!
  • Finthimel
    Finthimel
    Soul Shriven

Thank you!

d5j2qindpbnc.png
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you!

I'd like to point out that it's not only Mac users that are having issues. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, and I'm having the same kinds of problems as the Mac users have described.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »

Thank you!

I'd like to point out that it's not only Mac users that are having issues. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, and I'm having the same kinds of problems as the Mac users have described.

Same!!!!!
    Add Veyas hair for us players to use!
  • ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    h5vyq3wcy2o1.png
    Went from 50fps at 1440x900 medium to around 25-30fps

Here is Intel Power Gadget and Activity Monitor running on internal monitor while I use external monitor to play the game:
    yzxduukop97x.png
    CPU usage is about 20 percent, GPU usage hovers around 50 percent utilization.
    Edited by ningauble_7b14_ESO on October 29, 2018 7:13PM
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
    Proc 3,6 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 Go 2400 MHz DDR4
    Radeon Pro 560 4096 Mo
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    MacOS Mojave
    Version 10.14 (18A391)

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
    Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Graphics Radeon Pro 450 2048 MB
    Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭

Thank you!

Thanks for the update. Please post more if this is going to take a while... especially if other patches are going out that will not address this problem.
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • ManicDee
    ManicDee
    ✭✭
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)
    Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

I never had the Command+Tab problem.

Note that there used to be two ways to go fullscreen: one was through the video settings, the other was using the green button on the title bar. They did different things. The video setting fullscreen took over all the controls, while the green-button-fullscreen (is that "maximised"?) left all the macOS keybinds in place such as Expose/Mission Control buttons (System Preferences > Missoin Control > Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts). I used Maximised mode rather than graphical fullscreen mode, and I never used Command+Tab to switch out of the game.
  • Deserttiger
    Deserttiger
    ✭✭
    jmlmaetm69f9.jpeg
  • Ariksson
    Ariksson
    Soul Shriven
    a226l33tvufc.png
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my info:

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    IMac 27-inch Late 2013
    Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    memory 16GB
    Graphics Nvidia GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB

Pre Murkmire I had 40fps
  • tmexx
    tmexx
    Soul Shriven
    a83ulapyfjgz.png
  • Jeth
    Jeth
    ✭✭✭

Thank you!

In the meantime, if you have not yet done so could you please reply to this thread with the "About This Mac" info from the developer and test machines?
    -Jeth
  • Learoyd
    Learoyd
    ✭✭✭
    vkscs3as6wq2.png
    ---Ohne Arme keine Kekse---
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭

Thank you!

61hrgr3z0kt1.png
    Edited by Puodas on October 29, 2018 9:01PM
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MacOS 10.13.4
    MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
    Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Graphics: Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB
  • krismissee82
    krismissee82
    ✭✭✭
    au0yg3zdlvtt.png
    Kaelindi - Stamblade
    Maelindi - Magblade
    Lindi - Magblade healer
    Lindi the Builder - Stamblade
    Lindi Stardust - Magplar
    PC NA
  • rluke
    rluke
    ✭✭✭
    I
    Jeth wrote: »

Thank you!

In the meantime, if you have not yet done so could you please reply to this thread with the "About This Mac" info from the developer and test machines?

Nice ! ;)))