Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Broken Glyph Procs in BGs

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    ZoS missed this even though we told them multiple times during the pts cycle that this is broken...

But they are aware of it and will change it as quickly as possible.

do they know about dizzying swing?
  • Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »
    I don’t feel sorry for Betty at all.

When playing broken overload gank build - “everything is fine and I abuse broken stuff, why not”.

When something counters him - “ZoS, save me, evil stamina kicks my ass”.

Get rekt and try playing something different for a while, maybe will help you to get better.

Yes, new meta is cruel for magsorcs. Is it much worse than sloads / viper / insert-your-most hated-thing-here? I doubt. Will it get fixed? Yes, in a few months, just as usual. For now just craft torugs and enjoy smashing people with bleeds and spin to win, I see no reason not to do it.

After all, we all asked for fast-paced combat, and that’s exactly what we got. Be careful with your desires next time.

Sincerely yours, magsorc main since 1.6.
    Believe me, I have no sympathy for sorcs, and Ive been in countless BGs against Betty and I've never seen them abuse anything.

But this enchant meta is absolutely out of control and needs to be corrected immediately or the PvP population is going to suffer. I've secured my leaderboards for the week but I'm not touching BGs until this is fixed. It's got to the point where you're either abusing the enchants (which is ZoS fault for letting this get to live, the players are simply taking the path of least resistance which they always will) or you're getting instantly deleted by them. It's broken. Plain as.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Have you tried playing something other than an overload sorc?

Have you tried not defending the new broken meta? Oh it fits your playstyle that's right.

It's funny because it's actually true. The dude killed me in a bg a few mins ago and the death recap showed x2 poison dmg enchants and x3 oblivion.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »
    I don’t feel sorry for Betty at all.

When playing broken overload gank build - “everything is fine and I abuse broken stuff, why not”.

When something counters him - “ZoS, save me, evil stamina kicks my ass”.

Get rekt and try playing something different for a while, maybe will help you to get better.

Yes, new meta is cruel for magsorcs. Is it much worse than sloads / viper / insert-your-most hated-thing-here? I doubt. Will it get fixed? Yes, in a few months, just as usual. For now just craft torugs and enjoy smashing people with bleeds and spin to win, I see no reason not to do it.

After all, we all asked for fast-paced combat, and that’s exactly what we got. Be careful with your desires next time.

Sincerely yours, magsorc main since 1.6.

Have you ever used overload? I wouldnt say it was broken. In fact it was buggy as hell it didn't work half the time. You would get stuck in your overload bar all the time. Also how many people used overload? Not many cause we all no it truley wasn't that good...
    You could see I suffered equal amount of deaths and that was the pay off of the glass canon...not a "Meta" that can spec defensively and still dish out like no tomorrow.

I am glad for the OL change BTW. And no offense but its not my problem if you cant dodge a dirty big slow moving projectile.
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »
    Have you tried playing something other than an overload sorc?

I've had my fair share of salt over Betty overload ganks in the past, but let's be honest, that spec is pretty tame right now.

It's roughly doubling the damage on your light weaves—but it costs a GCD to activate during which you deal no damage, and it freezes your ultgen as an additional f-you. From my tests, even DBoS (which is super gimped on magsorc) deals more burst AND more overall damage over the typical duration of a combo.

Yeah its more a PVE skill now I think.

I am actually running and learning DB at the moment and having a lot of fun. Oh and don't worry- every deathcap of mine had a DB in it so i kinda have a lot of salt for it too... lol

• mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    Fiktius wrote: »
    XVRM6Ac.png

Who needs ults, when enchantments are working excellent way? *Cough*

Don't be a vamp. People been saying that since Summerset dropped.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mojomood wrote: »
    XVRM6Ac.png

The various procs combine for 25k+ damage. That Dawnbreaker did 1.2k. According to some this is not broken.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    XVRM6Ac.png

The various procs combine for 25k+ damage. That Dawnbreaker did 1.2k. According to some this is not broken.

He means the prismatic glyph that did nearly half of the damage only procs against vampire players.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you ever used overload? I wouldnt say it was broken. In fact it was buggy as hell it didn't work half the time. You would get stuck in your overload bar all the time. Also how many people used overload? Not many cause we all no it truley wasn't that good...
    You could see I suffered equal amount of deaths and that was the pay off of the glass canon...not a "Meta" that can spec defensively and still dish out like no tomorrow.

I am glad for the OL change BTW. And no offense but its not my problem if you cant dodge a dirty big slow moving projectile.
    I've actually seen a few cases of some pretty hefty AOE damage from Overload Heavy Attack lately. There was one instance where I barely heard the "bzzt" sound for a split second, and my death recap listed ~7.8k damage from 2 ticks of it, which is certainly nothing to sneeze at. 'Course, I have no idea what build that person was running, and it may be totally not worth to use 24/7. But storing up 500 Ultimate before a game, and using that setup until your first death or out-of-combat time may be a decently strong gimmick.
    XVRM6Ac.png

The same number of ticks from an Oblivion enchant would be 10,705 damage - a difference 1,088. Not being a Vampire won't save you from this enchant nonsense. Here's hoping ZOS does something about it with today's patch.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »
    XVRM6Ac.png

He means the prismatic glyph that did nearly half of the damage only procs against vampire players.

Sure. But that’s just as broken as the other glyph procs atm.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZXoxyC0.png

looks like a 50% nerf to the "rending and forget" playstyle.

i think we are going to see a few more weeks of Torug infused, but magicka players at least won't feel as much left aside.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

I've actually seen a few cases of some pretty hefty AOE damage from Overload Heavy Attack lately. There was one instance where I barely heard the "bzzt" sound for a split second, and my death recap listed ~7.8k damage from 2 ticks of it, which is certainly nothing to sneeze at. 'Course, I have no idea what build that person was running, and it may be totally not worth to use 24/7. But storing up 500 Ultimate before a game, and using that setup until your first death or out-of-combat time may be a decently strong gimmick.
    XVRM6Ac.png

The same number of ticks from an Oblivion enchant would be 10,705 damage - a difference 1,088. Not being a Vampire won't save you from this enchant nonsense. Here's hoping ZOS does something about it with today's patch.

TBH it needed the buff- the heavy was a joke. You have very limited movement when you channel it too. The weaved LA is still much better. Its always a compromise because its not to smart for a Mag sorc to be up close.
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    ZXoxyC0.png

looks like a 50% nerf to the "rending and forget" playstyle.

i think we are going to see a few more weeks of Torug infused, but magicka players at least won't feel as much left aside.

And it will still be quite strong lol
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

XVRM6Ac.png

TBH it needed the buff- the heavy was a joke. You have very limited movement when you channel it too. The weaved LA is still much better. Its always a compromise because its not to smart for a Mag sorc to be up close.

I agree i would have preferred a weave-able OL HA, it feels clunky and really mess up your rotation if you mistakenly do a medium instead of light.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That nerf is far better than nothing, but I still don't think it should be triggering from your back bar at all. Giving a single 2k+ damage proc from applying an extremely powerful DOT + Snare, which you'd use anyway, is more than enough. More than doubling the DOT's damage while on your other bar, which is what will be the case *after* this nerf, is over the top.

Still, certainly better than how things worked prior to the downtime.
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭

I'm not saying that DW enchants aren't totally broken, only that posting a death recap with prismatic enchant damage and complaining about it is kind of a moot point since they would've taken ZERO damage from that glyph without vamp.

Also, remember that the death recap logic is screwy. For instance, they took a dawnbreaker which deals direct burst and a DoT over 5 seconds but the death recap only shows one tick for 1200 damage. That was a tick, not the initial damage which would've been closer to 5k. Since the DB gets amped by 20% against vamps, almost 15k of that burst was avoidable. Drop vamp. Not worth it.
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭

XVRM6Ac.png

Not to mention, someone needs to make the Emporer Palpatine combat video.
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    stream lining skills and their usages between bars is a very big and very good change that was community requested. So while certain individuals do not want this to work this way it was one of the most requested things from the community. It allows for much more build diversity. So while current iterations may be to op when facing off against a min-maxer it is much better for the state of the game to have a much better 2 bar fluid experiance and this includes transitions or rather the need of not having transitions between bars.

Everything people complain about here was player requested at one point.
    Edited by killahsin on October 29, 2018 12:42PM
  • Olquorron
    Olquorron
    ✭✭✭
    Today's "fix" does nothing whatsoever to address this problem.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olquorron wrote: »

50% reduction in the problem does nothing to address the problem? ok.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »

Builds with front bar dual wield still gonna have same dmg output like before. So change is marginal imo.
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Olquorron
    Olquorron
    ✭✭✭

Text from today's patch notes: "Twin Slashes which has 2 direct damage hits and several damage over time ticks, can proc both of your weapon enchantments over those hits"

It was the bleed from this skill proccing glyphs that was the problem, and they haven't changed it.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Text from today's patch notes: "Twin Slashes which has 2 direct damage hits and several damage over time ticks, can proc both of your weapon enchantments over those hits"

It was the bleed from this skill proccing glyphs that was the problem, and they haven't changed it.

Patch Notes: Abilities that deal damage multiple times with a single cast, such as Flurry which has 5 hits or Twin Slashes which has 2 direct damage hits and several damage over time ticks, can proc both of your weapon enchantments over those hits. But each isolated instance of damage should only be able to proc one weapon enchantment at a time.

that second sentence, which you failed to put in and constitutes the actual something they did, does have a significant change.

Prior to this patch, each tick of the bleed and the initial application were proccing both enchants. That sentence now tells you it's only going to be one of them. that's a 50% damage reduction.

Reading - it's fundamental.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Patch Notes: Abilities that deal damage multiple times with a single cast, such as Flurry which has 5 hits or Twin Slashes which has 2 direct damage hits and several damage over time ticks, can proc both of your weapon enchantments over those hits. But each isolated instance of damage should only be able to proc one weapon enchantment at a time.

that second sentence, which you failed to put in and constitutes the actual something they did, does have a significant change.

Prior to this patch, each tick of the bleed and the initial application were proccing both enchants. That sentence now tells you it's only going to be one of them. that's a 50% damage reduction.

ye but its like they put the bleed on you and light attack or use another wep skill and boom you have the same damage as last week
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make a stamden betty, I'll give you my build and you can run around 1 shotting people again :smiley:

Betty_Boomstick -> Betty_One_Shots -> Betty_One_Shalks :D
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigBadVolk wrote: »

ye but its like they put the bleed on you and light attack or use another wep skill and boom you have the same damage as last week

Except thatvyou can't light attack from both bars at the same time.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each tick of damage will proc a glyph on cool down.

It's not Rending will only proc 1 glyph, each tick will only proc one glyph so it goes:

Rending (x2 hit) proc both Glyphs
    Tick procs glyph A
    Tick 2 procs glyph B
    Tick 3 A
    Tick 4 B
    Tick 5 A

As an example
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not Rending will only proc 1 glyph, each tick will only proc one glyph so it goes:

Tick procs glyph A
    Tick 2 procs glyph B
    Tick 3 A
    Tick 4 B
    Tick 5 A

As an example

You are late, this was the change from two days ago and yesterday they announced they would remove enchant proc from DoTs. :)
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tick procs glyph A
    Tick 2 procs glyph B
    Tick 3 A
    Tick 4 B
    Tick 5 A

As an example

You are late, this was the change from two days ago and yesterday they announced they would remove enchant proc from DoTs. :)

Oh wow, do you know if they made WoE and endless still proc or no?

@Aznox
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds