Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting Imperial gear?

NightOwl68
NightOwl68
✭✭
For those who have the digital Imperial Edition, it says you should be able to craft Imperial gear, as well as transform existing gear into Imperial gear.

So far I can transform most gear to Imperial gear on any character no matter what race or faction, but can only craft Imperial gear with an Imperial character, is this correct?

I know a race can craft its own racial gear, so an Imperial craft Imperial gear should be just by default, but the wording made it sound like any of characters should be able to craft Imperial gear.

Am I just reading it wrong?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You still need to find the racial motif.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like any race, if you are imperial, you can craft imperial. Everyone else needs a motif book to craft imperial. And yes, anyone with the edition can convert any existing item to imperial style, but it becomes bound.
  • NightOwl68
    NightOwl68
    ✭✭
    13670675403_0e9c266879.jpg

Ah, Ok.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Since playing an imperial is a perk of that edition then yes you can craft imperial gear but only when playing an imperial.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alyrn_Grey wrote: »
    Since playing an imperial is a perk of that edition then yes you can craft imperial gear but only when playing an imperial.

No. Any character can craft it, but they'll need the motif. Players without the IE won't have access to the motif.
    ----
    Murray?
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    I have the IE, but I'm curious: can I give the motif to someone who doesn't have IE? Can they use it?
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxBat wrote: »
    I have the IE, but I'm curious: can I give the motif to someone who doesn't have IE? Can they use it?

I believe they won't be able to use it.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a common misconception about this: if you have the Imperial edition, you can convert existing gear to the Imperial style even when not playing an Imperial character. It is an account perk, not a character-based perk.
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    as above states, my main character is NOT Imperial, i have IE but can still turn armor into imperial style no matter which race i chose
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiyamel wrote: »
    as above states, my main character is NOT Imperial, i have IE but can still turn armor into imperial style no matter which race i chose

This thread was about crafting, not the transformation feature.
    ----
    Murray?