The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CP Battleground disparity, a tail of a scrubs tears.

awesomedave55
awesomedave55
✭✭
I'm not one to come QQ on the forums. But somethings gotta give. BGs used to be really really fun below level 50. Kill some, die some, win, lose, didn't matter because the objectives made it fun. Now it seems like every match I'm steamrolled by elite groups of hardened Pvp players. I applaud their teamwork and coordination in dropping 4 ultimates on a single player. Hard stacked and moving in unison, it's impressive... But I'm just a casual player. I don't have an elite team and don't spend hours in Cyrodiil, I just like to login and run a few BGs after work. If they had some place else to go, like a CP battleground or let us lock our XP to stay below 50? I guess my issue is there such a disparity between >50 BGs an <50 BGs. Sure I could start another build and delete it at 50, but grinding gear every 10 lvls is a massive waste of my time and feels more like work then fun. My next complaint is that drain resource poisons are far too common and far too effective. We already lack the regeneration of the CP tree, why let people drain you to nothing in seconds with no way to counter it, even with a potion that restores what, 10% of my resource pool? Next is the issue of unending and unbreakable CCs.. Why have two types of crowd controls? Why not have CC immunity shared by soft and hard CCs? My Stam pool on Mag builds is already small, my Stam pool on Stam builds is already used, both are drained by poisions... Thus ends my rant, and sorry in advance that even after 4 years of Eso I fail to L2P and Git Gud but somethings can't be fixed by my Beta monkey.... :'(
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If You play this game since it launched and still die in low lv PvP then You should've complains only to yourself.
  • awesomedave55
    awesomedave55
    ✭✭
    It's the above CP battlegrounds that are the problem, im just saying that hardcore pvpers need theyre own space like a Champion point battleground then less pre-made teams would run non CP. Im not aweful or anything, i just can't carry a group of Pugs, and I cant solo 8 people by myself....
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is thing called matchmaker in BG. It places players that are PvPing for longer on the same character and getting decent results higher in the queue.
  • awesomedave55
    awesomedave55
    ✭✭
    So wait it jams good players together and leaves causal players with trash pugs? Am I understanding this correctly? Whitch maybe part of my problem.I usally run one or two matches just for the XP boost. Then swap to another build to level up my CP
    I started over on PS4 lol
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now it seems like every match I'm steamrolled by elite groups of hardened Pvp players. I applaud their teamwork and coordination in dropping 4 ultimates on a single player. Hard stacked and moving in unison, it's impressive... But I'm just a casual player.

LOL, seen it on youtube. Impressive and scary at the same time. Scary because this is "SWAT meets Frodo" and feels so wrong. Years ago i was, as civilian, in a Marines based guild and it was not even remotely as paramilitary :)

Intercom should be against the EULA in Fantasygames.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So wait it jams good players together and leaves causal players with trash pugs? Am I understanding this correctly? Whitch maybe part of my problem.I usally run one or two matches just for the XP boost. Then swap to another build to level up my CP

No, it groups low leveled players in games together and high leveled players together. If you're a low level, you will very rarely be placed with or against high level players on their mains until your MMR gets higher. The problem is that each character has a MMR instead of your account overall, so high level players could level up new characters and then steamroll on their low MMR alts.

You probably just need to win some more and keep playing to reach a mid tier MMR. Everything evens out towards the middle, whereas the disparities are more noticeable at the very high and low ends.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »

No, it groups low leveled players in games together and high leveled players together. If you're a low level, you will very rarely be placed with or against high level players on their mains until your MMR gets higher.

Fake news.

The MMR makes me wait an average of 25 minutes between matches and there’s no way the CP 76 stamblade I’ll inevitably be grouped with had the same MMR as me.

MMR is just broke as f***.

The people you’re grouped with and matched against does not change, regardless of your MMR “standing”. The only affect the MMR has is to make your character wait longer in the queue.

If you play too many BGs, ZoS puts your character in time out.

• Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    Honestly, we need a battleground rank ladder system, not some shoddy MMR system that barely works half the time. We need a 10-match placement test whereupon you're placed at the rank you belong, and you'll be able to climb the ladder or fall down the ladder based on the matches you play.

When you want to play together with friends or guildies, your ranks are averaged together. Those whom are level 45 are allowed to play with those who're 5 levels higher or lower than their rank. If your friend is not on your BG rank, or you're not on his or her's, then get good and climb.

Ranking should be character based as well, NOT account based. I say this because skill varies based on the class you play, you may be better on your spin to win cheese warden than you are healing your team on your templar. Ranks should be based on skill, and not all players have the same skill between each of their characters.
    PC-NA