The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Post where you've received a Murkmire Furnishing Plan or Furnishing!

Jaeysa
Jaeysa
✭✭✭✭✭
So I poked around the PTS and wasn't able to find a good farming venue like old Traitor's Vault or Hleeran Tombs. If you get a furnishing plan/furnishing, can you please post what you received and where you got it from?
PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    got a blue furniture piece from a salamander, that's all, was wondering also where to go farm
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @immozz01 - thank you! Do you remember what the piece was?

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • PBnJ66
    PBnJ66
    ✭✭
    Green pattern stolen from a cabinet in the crafting area of Lilmoth
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up a mat that needed laundering (snicker) and a plan for what I vaguely recall was a ramp, I think? both just looting containers in Lilmoth.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just received a blue murkmire rug furnishing from a container in the Lilmoth crafthall.

• Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    Following :-)

I've picked up quite a few pieces from the Murkmire dailies in Shadowfen.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So about 1 hour of logging in and out of the crafting hall I got 3 blue murky plans, 1 green murky plan, 1 green murky tapestry, 1 green murky rug, 2 blue murky rug063536z74cbf.png
    Edited by Jaeysa on October 23, 2018 5:59AM

• Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was not able to get anything, because servers were down...................
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At a glance it would seem like this works like Clockwork city. A smallish zone, where the best looting spots are in the main city in the various containers. Seems like the large farming areas of the Summerset and Vvardenfell chapters are missing here.
    If the droprate is as "good" as Clockwork city after the increase, it shouldn't be terribly bad. Guess the following weeks will show.
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    I did not yet manage to pull a furniture plan from Murkmire, but I got three if those little Scattlebloom furnishings you can get from the plants sometimes. Opened like 150/200 of the Scattleblooms for it I think, didn't farm specifically, just took all there were while running around Murkmire. Being a vampire with that crouching passive helps tremendously with that.
    I also pulled a blue quality rag furnishing from a container in the smithing area of Lilmoth.
    Metal forever \m/
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not yet manage to pull a furniture plan from Murkmire, but I got three if those little Scattlebloom furnishings you can get from the plants sometimes. Opened like 150/200 of the Scattleblooms for it I think, didn't farm specifically, just took all there were while running around Murkmire. Being a vampire with that crouching passive helps tremendously with that.
    I also pulled a blue quality rag furnishing from a container in the smithing area of Lilmoth.

You have to sneak up on them and pick them, right? Are they very visible, or can you easily overlook them? Also, please post some pics of the Scuttlebloom furniture item.
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

You have to sneak up on them and pick them, right? Are they very visible, or can you easily overlook them? Also, please post some pics of the Scuttlebloom furniture item.

They're surprisingly big, about character-sized, and make little shuffling motions. In crouch mode they glow yellow like other plants. They have a red "petal" so they stand out quite a bit. I've harvested a few but only got honey so far. they look quite cute.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're surprisingly big, about character-sized, and make little shuffling motions. In crouch mode they glow yellow like other plants. They have a red "petal" so they stand out quite a bit. I've harvested a few but only got honey so far. they look quite cute.

Sounds like they won't be too hard to see. The loottable is probably trash, just like the clams on summerset that still drop Alkahest and guts most of the time.

Would still like to see some screens of the furniture item, to see how desperately I may or may not want to farm these ones, hah.
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like they won't be too hard to see. The loottable is probably trash, just like the clams on summerset that still drop Alkahest and guts most of the time.

Would still like to see some screens of the furniture item, to see how desperately I may or may not want to farm these ones, hah.

Haven't put them in a house yet, might come around to doing so tonight.
    Edit: Loottable for me so far Alkahest, honey and the furnishing, nothing else.
    But they give a two min buff to your speed, that's nice
    Edited by ValkyriesWolf on October 23, 2018 12:10PM
    Metal forever \m/
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting Hall stealing

1 green murkmire plan
    1 worn rug
    1 worn tapestry

And you can fish up a new furniture fish!
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a blue Murkmire plan for the hanging candle in a bottle, found in a container in the Cyrodilic Collections house

Deconstruct any Bright-Throat's Boast gear you don't need for the style material needed for Murkmire furniture crafting
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Azriael2
    Azriael2
    ✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    So about 1 hour of logging in and out of the crafting hall I got 3 blue murky plans, 1 green murky plan, 1 green murky tapestry, 1 green murky rug, 2 blue murky rug063536z74cbf.png

Got purple Murkmire plans from that spot, lovely :D
    "Rise, red as the dawn."
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got two more blue plans and another green after roughly 1 more hour of farming.

• ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, you have some luck.... I farmed that place last night and got nothing. Nothing but one plan since release, and that wasn't even one I wanted
    Metal forever \m/
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to be getting more rugs than recipes so far
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
  • Hetaira
    Hetaira
    ✭✭✭
    I'm get a murk recipe every 1/30 or recipes. The other 29 are old recipes. The balance is way, way off.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hetaira wrote: »
    I'm get a murk recipe every 1/30 or recipes. The other 29 are old recipes. The balance is way, way off.

Judging from the number of recipes available (very few), it does seem like something is off with the droprate.

With Summerset, the CWC recipes and Alinor were increased from almost non-existant to a somewhat decent droprate. Perhaps with Murkmire they went back to the almost non-existant droprate? That would be a huge disappointment.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, you have some luck.... I farmed that place last night and got nothing. Nothing but one plan since release, and that wasn't even one I wanted

Sort of luck, sort of a lack of anything to do - I farmed until bags were full on something like 8 characters.

• menathradiel
    menathradiel
    ✭✭✭✭
    ixie wrote: »
    I got a blue Murkmire plan for the hanging candle in a bottle, found in a container in the Cyrodilic Collections house

Deconstruct any Bright-Throat's Boast gear you don't need for the style material needed for Murkmire furniture crafting

Thanks for that tip on getting the Hackwing Plumage! I have been wondering where to get it other than guild traders.
    Tank Girl
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ixie wrote: »

Thanks for that tip on getting the Hackwing Plumage! I have been wondering where to get it other than guild traders.

I noticed there is another set you can also deconstruct for the Hackwing style material, I don't remember the name but it is the heavy set which is also in the Ancient Argonian style.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
  • Hetaira
    Hetaira
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have a list of all the new drops per chance?
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    I have been looting like a clepto all over Murkmire while questing and grinding mobs and have not obtained a single new Murkmire recipe. Seems like an EXTREMELY LOW drop rate.

Help us out @ZOS_GinaBruno and request an increased drop rate for us please?
  • Torgauros
    Torgauros
    Please do not mess anything with murkmire furnish plans drop rate. It is working correctly now. If you make it x2 like in summerset we will get swarmed with green plans and blue plans and wont see a purple one (simply because green+blue have bigger drop rate)
    If anything is working good in this update it is definitely murkmire furnishing plans drop rate thanks devs :)
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to get a furniture plan murkmire - spent hours and hours over several days and got 1 murkmoire furnishing plan ... so disappointing. The drop rate is way too low.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS must really dislike the housing community. Every DLC they find some way to royally p*ss us off with some BS. Summerset had the Culanda requirement, CWC had atrocious droprates, and now the same repeats with Murkmire.

On the entire PC-EU megaserver, there's usually about 3-4 Murk recipes for sale at Craglorn. For the "generous" price of 100k for a green, 200-400k for a blue, and 800k-1M for a purple.
    You do the math and calculate how many millions it will require to obtain all the Murk recipes ...

I've looted all 3 towns extensively, and gotten a grand total of 0 recipes. There are far too few containers, many of the containers at a given time are "opened" already, and therefore unlootable. And when you actually can loot, you get 90 % trash, and 10 % recipes, 100 % of these are base game recipes.

Good job ZOS, once again you've offered us this BS that locks pretty much everyone out of the furniture crafting. These Murk recipes better damn well drop in the Undaunted dungeon event that's coming next, like the CWC dropped from the same event a year ago. If not, I'll not give a damn about these recipes and pretend they don't exist. No way I'm going to spend the millions for these recipes that people demand for them.