The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sorc pets are really weak now

Vahrokh
Vahrokh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hello,

I don't know what went wrong in the update, but now pets die at least 10 times easier than in Summerset.
They don't even take aggro but even weak, random AoE exterminate them both. I am not talking about who knows what hard content or about vMA. Just basic outdoor NPCs random and collateral hits are more than enough to decimate the pets.
I am using Hardened Ward, which should be "the pet friendly" shield... but no luck.

I have to spend half of the time spamming matron heal and the other half of the time resummoning the pets.

Isn't sacrificing 4 (four) ability slots to use pets not enough? At least make them half decent!
Edited by Vahrokh on October 23, 2018 8:13PM
  • deLioncourt
    deLioncourt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Hello,

I don't know what went wrong in the update, but now pets die at least 10 times easier than in Summerset.
    They don't even take aggro but even weak, random AoE exterminate them both. I am not talking about who knows what hard content or about vMA. Just basic outdoor NPCs random and collateral hits are more than enough to decimate the pets.
    I am using Hardened Ward, which should be "the pet friendly" shield... but no luck.

I have to spend half of the time spamming matron heal and the other half of the time resummoning the pets.

Isn't sacrificing 4 (four) ability slots to use pets not enough? At least make them half decent!

I'm pretty sure the whole point of this patch was to make it so you can't play a PetSorc
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

I'm pretty sure the whole point of this patch was to make it so you can't play a PetSorc

Riiiight...

Thats why combat pets dont take damage in dungeons or trials anymore...
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • deLioncourt
    deLioncourt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Riiiight...

*cough* except they still do
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *cough* except they still do

Looks like it's bugged, i had my Clannfear die to group dungeon bosses last night.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/442088/bug-pet-still-dying-to-group-dungeon-bosses/p1
    dry.gif
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Update:

Pets die lie crazy to every AoE capable NPC or boss including group bosses. In example, "Korgen the Alchemist" in Summerset: even with a full group including 2 healers, I had to resummon matriarch for 8 times and scamp 5 times in a single run!

Same for Gryphons boss in Summerset.

Same for Minotaur boss in Gold Coast.

Same for Abyssal Geysers. They are group content (especially the boss) unless you are max CP and end game geared. Still, pets die like crazy, 10-15 times even with a group. 4-5 times if you keep spamming matron heal.
    Edited by Vahrokh on October 23, 2018 7:58PM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • glorinand
    glorinand
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, is the whole idea about pets not dying in dungeons and trials the most patchy and ill-conceived solution in the history of MMORPGs, or what? The devs are like:

A: We have way too many players, guys! This really hits our Cyrodiil performance and clogs up all the servers...
    B: Yes, true, but what can we do – we keep delivering such good content after all...
    A: Think, think! How do we drive our players away?!
    B: OK, what would be the most abnoxious and unnecessary change we can make in the next patch?
    C: I know, let's nerf sorc's shields to hell!
    A, B: Wow, totally, let's do that, guys!

after 1 day on the test server...

A: Oh no, oh no, we really didn't think this through – sorc's pets are totally useless now!
    B: Chill out, dude, we will make them invincible in dungeons and trials and call it a day. There, see?
    C: Yes, but now they will not take aggro!
    B: Well, I am getting confused here, do you want to drive those players away or not?!
    A, C: Well, OK, I guess...

Nice going... :D
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a known issue with two threads in the dev tracker area. Below I pasted a reply from Zos acknowledging there is a bug.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5559211/#Comment_5559211
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    It is a known issue with two threads in the dev tracker area. Below I pasted a reply from Zos acknowledging there is a bug.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5559211/#Comment_5559211

You do understand that you linked me my own thread, which is the thread that actually made it "known issue" to begin with? :wink:
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's patch notes seems fix those issues? Anyone tested it?
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Today's patch notes seems fix those issues? Anyone tested it?

They fare much better, but they are still about 20-30% weaker than they were in Summerset.

The Hardened Ward nerf can account for some of this (maybe 10%), but the rest is just new weakness that hasn't been fixed by this last patch.