The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Overload Change

ezikeo
ezikeo
✭✭✭
Has anyone been able to weave/animation cancel with the new changes? Seems like the light attack is too slow to cancel/weave.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have, but it kind of needs to be timed slightly differently to the normal staff weaves.. (bit of a pain - should be the same imho)
    But that was in very smooth - non-laggy situations.. not sure how it will fare when laggy.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of the changes I was looking forward to. Elegant for the win?

I also think the 60% heavy attack increase was overlooked. With elegant on what kind of damage is that putting out? It's an unblockable AoE correct? Curse, endless, sith fingers anyone?
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »

I also think the 60% heavy attack increase was overlooked. With elegant on what kind of damage is that putting out? It's an unblockable AoE correct? Curse, endless, sith fingers anyone?

Elegance set has not worked for overload in three patches. They removed that buff to overload a while ago
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a dummy? Yes I can weave pretty effectively with it. In Cyro? It was as clunky as it could possibly be. Not only is the weaving problematic with even a slight amount of lag (yesterday was the most lag I have seen in over a year), but the ability to quickly activate it for a nice burst is super hard to control. It seems to take a whole global to activate, and yesterday in PVP, i kept having to double or triple tap my ultimate to get it to change, and sometimes it would toggle on/off leaving your vulnerable for 2 GCDs.

In PVP, I think its more trouble than its worth, and it cant hit nearly as hard as it used to because you cant stack an overload bar any longer to boost it. In PVE, it doesnt hit hard enough or return enough magic to be useful for trials.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on October 23, 2018 5:45PM
  • ezikeo
    ezikeo
    ✭✭✭
    That’s a bummer, I was trying to see if it was viable for pve.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Elegance set has not worked for overload in three patches. They removed that buff to overload a while ago

I don't believe that is the case. Elegant should still buff Overload. What doesn't work with Overload is Empower. And Elegant doesn't offer the empower buff.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I don't believe that is the case. Elegant should still buff Overload. What doesn't work with Overload is Empower. And Elegant doesn't offer the empower buff.

I saw my tooltips go up yesterday as I tested sets and tooltips with Overload. I'll see if I can screenshot an example real quick.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where are you getting that from? It definitely bumps up my OL damage.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

This isn't true either, Empower effects it, Elemental Weapon does not.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tooltips on Energy Overload II
    5th piece of Elegant removed. LA 9256, HA 9830
    Wearing full Elegant Set LA 10981, HA 11824

No elegant 5th piece
    NO-Elegant.png

Full Elegant set
    Elegant5th.png

Electrocuted some trash mobs to see the difference. the first round of skeevers was with 4 piece elegant, and afterwards was with 5 pieces. Actual damage of overload basline and crits were higher. Highest Crit was 19k on this non-optimised build.
    overload.jpg

• Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm

They removed the third skill bar, which was the only real reason to use it, since overload projectiles can be reflected.

It's 100% garbage now.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention that the damage was reduced by 50% for light attacks. 50%! Have you ever heard of skill being nerfed by that amount before?

ZoS should just delete sorcs, and be done with the endless nerfing...
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might of the lost legion and queens Elegance anyone?
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭

Say whaaaaaaa? You clearly didn't watch blobs build (shocket launcher or something like that) . I tried that build out last patch and was hitting for 20k+ overload dmg.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The damage of overload light attacks was nerfed and that was right, because those light attacks can now be woven between skills. I already saw the first overload ganker yesterday, throwing OL light attacks and crystal frags around. Sadly he always went for an invis potion, if two light attacks and the c-frag didnt kill...
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I weave the new Overload perfectly with Force Pulse at 130 ping.

However, be aware that it's easier for targets to dodge the Overload attacks compared to regular light attacks.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does imbue weapons now work with overload? Didn't read anything that said they reverted that change.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My observations as a stamsorc :

Unmorphed Overload was not procing crushing weapon, after morphing it (magicka return morph) Crushing Weapon can be weaved with OL LA.

As a stamsorc, this ability hits really hard in BG/no-CP, and is still interesting in CP/duel.

Overload LA does consume/gets buffed by Empower.

If you try to LA weave it and start a HA by mistake, weird things start to happen and you might become unable to use light attacks for a few seconds.

If you transform into werewolf with Overload activated, you can't light attack

Overall and outside of a few bugs, i much prefer this new Overload than the clunky old 3rd bar.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... to make things short because there is so much half- knowledge here:

1. Light OL can be combined with Imbue weapons, empower, and sets like Elegance.

2. Light OL is still significantly weaker and needs more bar space to be used effectively. I recommend using it weaved with Frags - this way you won´t gank, though, it´s just a normal, powerful projectile based rotation (Entropy, Hardened, Curse, Rage, weaved OL LA, Frags), and also makes the sorc quite vulnerable. Of course, you won´t even touch a MagDK, or a Warden with it, and that´s what the Heavy Attack is for (though it´s use is inherently dangerous as it is channeled and melee). Here a brief glimpse of the counterplay against a channeled melee attack:

https://youtu.be/UhDtFnpNOfE?t=76

3. StamSorcs are weaker with Light Overload than before (except Snipe builds), because they either need a hillariously bad skill to empower, or an extra set for it, but are stronger with Heavy OL -> Dawnbreaker -> Steel Tornado rotations, second only to MagBlades in the AoE damage department.
    Edited by Thraben on October 24, 2018 2:34PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    3. StamSorcs are weaker with Light Overload than before (except Snipe builds), because they either need a hillariously bad skill to empower, or an extra set for it, but are stronger with Heavy OL -> Dawnbreaker -> Steel Tornado roatations, second only to MagBlades in the AoE damage department.

I disagree, over 5sec, weaving 5 OL LA for a cost of 110 ultimate amount to a lot more extra damage than a Dawnbreaker, even in CP.
    It's a less bursty option for sure, but still it better for overall pressure than swapping in and out of a clunky third bar to drop a trap and caltrops.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4) Also, you don´t need to swap bars within a rotation, you will keep the OL mode, thus enabling you to use 2 ultimates in one damage rotation. (This itself has actually always been like that with the exception of the last 3 months)

So "either ... or" is the wrong question regarding Overload. It has never been the right question.

Overload is intended to be "toggled on" at all times, except when building up Ulti. That´s why you see Magsorcs running again with a Twohander, or 2 swords. Light OL is just their standard ranged light attack in that case.
    Edited by Thraben on October 24, 2018 2:48PM

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall it's huge nerf to sorc dps. Truly a joke.
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thraben

Greatly appreciate the response, I'm on Xbox and cannot verify changes.

I know elegant and empower worked (ehm might of the lost legion), but imbue weapons was disabled with OL light attacks in the original implementation of it and nothing was said in the patch notes that they reverted this (honestly thought they'd forget about it).

Just saying Curse, endless, imbue (skip light attack), OL light attack frag would do MASSIVE damage in 1 GCD. Easily counterable, but still is fun.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thraben

Greatly appreciate the response, I'm on Xbox and cannot verify changes.

I know elegant and empower worked (ehm might of the lost legion), but imbue weapons was disabled with OL light attacks in the original implementation of it and nothing was said in the patch notes that they reverted this (honestly thought they'd forget about it).

Just saying Curse, endless, imbue (skip light attack), OL light attack frag would do MASSIVE damage in 1 GCD. Easily counterable, but still is fun.

You´re welcome.

I have given up using Imbue in PvP due to latency problems, but of course it´s an option, and the reason why Overload Snipe Builds can be quite strong.

They had originally deactived Imbue on OL due to concerns over the overpowered OL light attack when Summerset launched.

Now Imbue + empowered OL light attack does only 80% of the damage the old empowered Ol light attack did, so you basically need one skill more for the same amount of damage.

• robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it very clunky to weave. I tried many builds to get it working in PvE, with best result so far getting with Mechanical Acuity body, Asylum front bar and Mother Sorrow backbar with Shadow Mundus, but its maybe only because I dont have ele weapon yet.

25-26k won't get me anywhere and sustain is bloody awful even with Power Overload. Either Sorc's ulti generation is too low, Overload light attack is using too much ulti, both or damage is simply too low.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    The damage of overload light attacks was nerfed and that was right, because those light attacks can now be woven between skills. I already saw the first overload ganker yesterday, throwing OL light attacks and crystal frags around. Sadly he always went for an invis potion, if two light attacks and the c-frag didnt kill...

Can you also bar-swap with it active now or is it still the one bar that has Overload as the ultimate?
  • ezikeo
    ezikeo
    ✭✭✭
    You can bar swap with it active to another bar that doesn’t have it. And still be able to use it or another ultimate that is slotted.