The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP Warden advice

BoaNoite
BoaNoite
✭✭
Currently running Impreg and bone pirate. Seems like im running out of magicka alot using ice fortress, bird of prey, leeching vines, shimmering shield. Should i go bone pirate and shacklebreaker? or stick with impreg? also using dw/2h. should i switch to 2h and snb? thanks
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can try Shacklebreaker its a good options, or resource poisons maybe.
    There is also a purple drink that gives tri-stat (Clockwork something) this should proc bone pirate.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• BoaNoite
    BoaNoite
    ✭✭
    thanks, anyone else any advice plz?
  • haakira
    haakira
    ✭✭✭
    I was having the same issue and changed to shacklebreaker with 3 prismatic glyphs ( helmet chest pants). That solved all my magicka problems!
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play a stamden orc and really enjoy,
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Prisoner's+Rags+Set

Weapons are easy to get from chests, purple jewelry is another thing though.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t run bird of Prey and leeching vines together

Not this patch anyway

Don’t run prisoners just so you can have more uptime on those buffs... run a set that gives more than those buffs (7th)
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Can’t run bird of Prey and leeching vines together

Not this patch anyway

Don’t run prisoners just so you can have more uptime on those buffs... run a set that gives more than those buffs (7th)

I agree somewhat that running all four of those magicka abilities is not very optimal, if you pug bg's like I do, you either get a support player (vines, fortress, pvp tank, more heals, etc..) or not. If you solo queue to BG's (like me) take your solo win/loss with a grain of salt and have fun, it's after all mmo pvp..not exactly something to take serious.

7th is meh solo from my experience, shines much more with premades (healbot, pvp tank, cc support).

I still stand 100% with prisoner rags, especially as a Orc (not sure your race), and even better as a WW (that your not, just pointing it out).

2c GL
    Edited by Wolfpaw on October 17, 2018 5:24PM
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    Drop leeching and run tripots
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    BoaNoite wrote: »
    Currently running Impreg and bone pirate. Seems like im running out of magicka alot using ice fortress, bird of prey, leeching vines, shimmering shield. Should i go bone pirate and shacklebreaker? or stick with impreg? also using dw/2h. should i switch to 2h and snb? thanks

The tri stat thing that someone else said. It really works!
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    Ender1310 wrote: »

Tripots are good, but in BG imovable potions is a must and hard to live without
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    thanks, anyone else any advice plz?

I main a Warden healer and have quite a bit of experience with a few different armor sets. You can run Armor of the Seducers (Crafted to Heavy) for magicka management; however, after thoroughly testing it, I found the magicka management was overkill. I now run Heavy impen Pariah's, Transmutation Offhand+Jewelry) and Blackrose Restoration Staff mainhand. I also run Bogdan the Nightflame set, it's superior to that of Earthgore in small scale PvP for a plethora of reasons.

If you get get your Magicka recovery to 1800~2000, you should be fine.You can increase this from 2 hour foods such as Witch Mother's Brew, essential for all magicka builds imo. It buffs your max magicka, and gives you Magicka recovery. I'm also an Argonian, so I get more resources from potions thanks to a racial passive. Argonian is meta for healers right now because of the +4% extra healing output and potions give more resources back.

The two resource management skills I run are Betty Netch and Deep Thoughts. Having around 35k Magicka buffed after food, I can regen my resources to full in like 4 seconds. Having around 1800~2000 Magicka Recovery will recover about the same amount as Deep Thoughts does every second, and having a Betty Netch helps as well.

Lastly, there is also Ulfnor's Favor, a heavy armor set that increases overall Magicka and Stamina gain by 30% after completing a heavy attack. You could use this over Betty Netch + Deep Thoughts; however, I find Pariah's and Transmutation too valuable to drop. I digress, you could run it with Ice Fortress and probably still be fine without running Pariah's. You can get up to like 100% more Heavy attack recovery I believe with this set coupled with a few passives.

Hope this helps, cheers.
    Edited by Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino on November 29, 2018 6:11PM
    PC-NA
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    His magicka regen to 2K? He's running a stamden! I played as one for a while. My recommendation: Don't use the 10 second buffs on a stam build. Just stick to Ice Fortress, Green Lotus, and Shimmering Shield. The only skill that I wanted more mag sustain for was that last one. Yeah, they turned Minor Berserk into a passive, but it hasn't fitted well into my build yet.

Shacklebreaker is always good. Prisoner is an interesting option for the off bar, but from my experience of that set, it's a quality of life set. Can't rely on it's mag regen in a brawl.

Running the Betty Netch might be an interesting solution, not least because you also get the spammable purge. That said, I do the opposite on my magden. I prefer the Bull Netch for the sustain during sprint and block.

Another interesting solution can be a resto backbar on a stam build. This gives you the option of resto heavies and the resto ult works reasonably well, even on a stam build. This is not great, however, if it means you get rid of a weapons skill (Poison Injection), but if your backbar only has class abilities, it's viable.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • BoaNoite
    BoaNoite
    ✭✭
    you think 7th and spriggans would work well on stam warden? or 7th and bone pirate be better?
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're asking me? I don't rate 7th at all. The first question you need to answer for yourself is whether you like medium or heavy better. I prefer medium by a mile, but what do I know. I'm decent, but I don't play at the highest level. The inherent sustain (vs. when attacked), sprint speed, dodge cost reduction, higher crit, higher base damage. I invariably end up with Fortified Brass or 1x other defensive set to compensate for the relative lack of tankiness, but I prefer that to heavy. I guess now that Swift is nerfed, you could also go with 3x Protective. This is the approach I use on my magplar, where I have 1x attack (Overwhelming Surge) and 1x sustain / attack (Amber Plasm), along with 3x Protective and a defensive monster set (Pirate Skeleton). The same principle applies to medium builds. There are so many ways to build that yield very similar end results.

Spriggan and Bone Pirate are both very good sets. Spriggan can be single-barred, so if there is a vMA/Asylum/vDSA etc. weapon you have for the other bar, that could be a good choice. The obvious example would be a Master Bow. Bone Pirate needs to be double-barred and forces you to use a drink, so Artaeum Takeaway Broth and tri-stat foods are out. It's not quite as good a set as people make it out to be. The use of drinks also tends to force you into lots of Hakeijo runes to get your magicka up. Nothing wrong with that approach, but just saying.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Volckodav wrote: »

He was talking about Spring Loaded Infusion, which is a tri-stat drink that activates Bone Pirate. Statistically speaking a very good combination. You'd normally avoid that drink, because it gives less stats than tri-food, but it combines well with Bone Pirate.
    Edited by fred4 on December 3, 2018 6:51AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the way, you're in the right ballpark with your armor sets for PvP. Don't agonise too much over the exact sets you're using. None of them are all that different. There is a fair degree of balance in the game, contrary to what people like to complain about. The end-result is that you just end up chasing your tail when trying out different armor sets, as long as you got the basics right.

The two steps to deal with your mag sustain are cutting down your mag skills to the essentials and getting just a little more mag / mag regen. IMO Shimmering Shield is the only skill I would bump my mag regen for. If you are in medium, keep Impreg and dump Bone Pirate for Shacklebreaker. It'll give you more flexibility with foods / drinks, and it gives you more overall stats:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/427111/stat-based-armor-set-rankings

Observe that Bone Pirate gives you a 3x strength 5-piece bonus, Shacklebreaker 3.65x. Bone Pirate forces you into drinks, which roughly rank as follows:

Spring Loaded Infusion: Around 9.5x (haven't calculated exactly)
    Dubious Camoran Throne: 8x
    Lava Foot Soup: 7x

Proper tri-stat food, however, ranks at 11x, e.g. it gives you 11 times the stats of a single 2/3/4-piece bonus from an armor set. This advantage is somewhat offset by using more prismatic enchants, which you tend to do when using drinks. Shacklebreaker just gives you more flexibility to try different food / drink options.

Now, you might hit something off-meta that works really nicely. I like the suggestion of pairing Prisoner with werewolf. Kristofer ESO, over on YouTube, has a build out that pairs Battlefield Acrobat with Alteration Mastery. Combine that with Shimmering Shield and Blood Spawn, and you could have a crazy ulti-gen build that might also suit a warden, who knows. But when it comes to the basics ... to be honest, don't even waste your gold on switching sets initially. Just cut back on your mag skills, get an extra piece of jewelry with a mag regen enchant, and swap that in and out until you know how much mag regen you truly need.

By the way, 7th Legion earned it's reputation when the heal would proc without cooldown, which has long been fixed. Personally I'm not mad about those heavy armor proc sets (not Ravager either). Now that penetration works against shields, I think Spriggan is hard to beat.
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    DW (Spin-to-Win bar: main nirnhooned mace, off infused mace with power glyph)

Subterranean Assault, Bird of Prey, Shimmering Shield, Steel Tornado, Swift Cloak/Rending Slashes, U: DBoS

2H (nirnhooned greatsword - buff/heal bar).

Green Betty, Forward Momentum, Vigor, Frost Cloak, Lotus, U: Permafrost

2 Heavy/5 Medium, Impregnable + Spriggan + Balorgh. Big pieces Infused, small pieces Well-Fitted, all max Stam enchant.
    Jewelry 1x infused weapon damage, 1x infused Stam recovery, 1x robust stam recovery.
    Orc, 10 in Health, 54 in Stam.
    Takeaway Broth is too good to pass on.

Get extra crit resistance trough CP to about 3k if you play in Vivec (I rarely do)
    Play in a group with dedicated support Templar with Transmutation Set.

Most fun I had in small (up to 8 man) group in Cyrodiil was lately on this build.
    Not reliant on RNG proc, good for chokepoint busting, hit-and-run skirmish, outnumbered fights.
    Edited by Stigant on December 3, 2018 7:02PM
  • Syhae
    Syhae
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Sustain can be a little tricky with stamina warden at the start but gets better the more time you put into it.

Heavy armor passive constitution is a huge source of magicka sustain and because of that I recommend staying in heavy armor for stamina warden unless you are only concerned with doing the maximum damage you can do.

As for sets, I would not recommend running either impreg or bone pirate on stamina warden, here is why:
    Assuming you are 5 heavy 1 medium 1 light which you should be as it has the best synergy with the class your heavy armor passives and health pool from running 5 heavy should be all the tankiness you should need, ruling impreg a less coveted set compared to other options available.
    Because of Stamina Wardens access to decent/good stamina sustain through constitution passive, netch and on demand sustain from heavy attacks which get buffed by heavy armor passives (I also recommend putting some points into tenacity to maximize on this) your stamina sustain should be plenty fine without running a sustain set, if need be using 1 stamina regen glyph on your jewelry should be all the sustain you could ever need.

Because of heavy armor and stamina warden's survivability and tankiness through sheer passives and skills available in the class tool kit the main focus for sets should be which damage sets you prefer.
    Any choice of the following paired together can perform well together and become situational/personal preference
    Fury, Ravaging, Clever Alchemist, Spriggans, Seventh Legion
    Monster set will generally be bloodspawn, velidreth is also a good choice if you ever become interested in dueling on the class.

As for weapon choice, that is entirely situational.
    To keep it simple:
    DW front bar is best if you have a group with a dedicated healer as you can sacrifice a CC ability for more aoe damage.
    2h front bar is best if you are solo or in a small group where single target priority focus is more desired.
    Sword and Board front bar can also be used in place of 2h front bar, simply back bar 2h and use SnB's offensive skills instead.

Hope this is helpful, if you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer them for you.
    Edited by Syhae on December 4, 2018 2:39AM
    @Syhae
    Lil Fruitsnack - DC Stamina Templar
    Syhae - EP Stamina Warden
    Syh-Ko - EP Stamina Nightblade
    ANIMOSITY
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Volckodav wrote: »

He was talking about Spring Loaded Infusion, which is a tri-stat drink that activates Bone Pirate. Statistically speaking a very good combination. You'd normally avoid that drink, because it gives less stats than tri-food, but it combines well with Bone Pirate.

ty I miss this part!