Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Nerfed until you can’t nerf anymore

• Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    Don't follow the meta hype and configure your equipment for your likings. Meta-equipment will always be nerfed.

That’s actually exactly what I did
    Options
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    The absence of pvp players here that understand speaks volumes.
    Options
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New content used to excite me but at this point I’ve had a gold set nerfed in every patch since clockwork and it now includes sets I golded or transmuted to replace the nerfed ones. Now I’ve lost the motivation to grind for hours on end through restoration staffs of the local stamina set, cp level helmets and shoulders, or ap to spend on gold jewelry or monster sets, I’m def not Golding anything else so you’ve effectively nerfed the entire game for me. It’s just not fun to create a build just to try and continually have to grind it out over and over instead of actually being able to play it.

I don’t know what I did to upset you guys but I’m sorry, to make it up to you I’ll just tell you which gold sets I have that are still untouched if you want. Off the top of my head sheer venom and morag tong unless I missed something the past year.

If you’re not mad at me and I just have bad luck maybe consider reimbursing 100% of those purple and gold mats during Decon or anytime the sets nerfed to maybe not drive people away from the game?

Easy solution. Don't gold out super broken sets that ZOS takes way too long to fix. If anything be mad that they dont hotfix broken sets quicker but don't come to the forums to cry that you lost out on golding your sets when its obvious you were abusing a broken set. Sloady.
    Joined September 2013
    Options
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »
    New content used to excite me but at this point I’ve had a gold set nerfed in every patch since clockwork and it now includes sets I golded or transmuted to replace the nerfed ones. Now I’ve lost the motivation to grind for hours on end through restoration staffs of the local stamina set, cp level helmets and shoulders, or ap to spend on gold jewelry or monster sets, I’m def not Golding anything else so you’ve effectively nerfed the entire game for me. It’s just not fun to create a build just to try and continually have to grind it out over and over instead of actually being able to play it.

I don’t know what I did to upset you guys but I’m sorry, to make it up to you I’ll just tell you which gold sets I have that are still untouched if you want. Off the top of my head sheer venom and morag tong unless I missed something the past year.

If you’re not mad at me and I just have bad luck maybe consider reimbursing 100% of those purple and gold mats during Decon or anytime the sets nerfed to maybe not drive people away from the game?

Easy solution. Don't gold out super broken sets that ZOS takes way too long to fix. If anything be mad that they dont hotfix broken sets quicker but don't come to the forums to cry that you lost out on golding your sets when its obvious you were abusing a broken set. Sloady.

Dreugh King Slayer a broken set? What.
    Options
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    Jakx wrote: »

Dreugh King Slayer a broken set? What.

And impregnable. I got hit twice this time. I’ve also addressed Sload’s itt.

Edited by Gbnicholson1 on October 23, 2018 1:36AM
    Options
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS...

existing-programming-solutions.gif

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2290+
    Options
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lazerlaz wrote: »
    I feel ya. I have an insane amount of golded out medium sets that keep going obsolete.

For someone like me who dislikes PVE and crafting it's a real pain to farm/buy the mats.

It wouldn't be so bad if we we're at least guaranteed half of the mats back on deconstruct.

I’m not really interested in half I want to undo their legacy entirely if they targeted me specifically because it’s been literally every patch. I want 50 transmute crystals back in a geode too.

If this is what the world has come to - we are all doomed... Get over yourself.
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Like i seen everytime if someone everyone follows posts a meta build everyone flocls to it and they neef it because it invalidated the other new content...
    Options
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    so, a set that is not golden is unusable? from purple to gold is like a just 3% increase

and nobody forces you to grind. You grind because u want to suck every 1% you can to be top meta

This is a really weak argument. Why would you place the blame on this player who is simply saying that they are not motivated? I haven't seen people this unmotivated in game. It's a pretty low point for a lot of people. After four years of release, there shouldn't be any widespread class changes. Decent development would start with major changes and gradually towards fine tuning, like calling in mortar fire. The game has been working towards some good changes, however, with this patch, the baby went out of with the bathwater. So yes, I understand people not wanting to re trait or grind. I've done fine not chasing the meta from patch to patch, but I def will not to do big changes with some classes.

What really could happen with a good team that can bring general balance, is revisiting cp and then looking at the stockyards and grave yards of junk sets. All of that requires class and weapon line balance first. New weapons, skill lines, classes, plus minus systems can also be looked at. Sadly, the combat team is so clueless, that there isn't excitement in the community for ZOS to introduce weapons/classes, because there is doubt in their ability to do it well.

Don't be shocked when people are disappointed this patch. It's ok to call a crap sandwich crap.
    Options
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    lazerlaz wrote: »
    I feel ya. I have an insane amount of golded out medium sets that keep going obsolete.

For someone like me who dislikes PVE and crafting it's a real pain to farm/buy the mats.

It wouldn't be so bad if we we're at least guaranteed half of the mats back on deconstruct.

I’m not really interested in half I want to undo their legacy entirely if they targeted me specifically because it’s been literally every patch. I want 50 transmute crystals back in a geode too.

If this is what the world has come to - we are all doomed... Get over yourself.

Your get over yourself it’s not asking much. Take a course in business.

The idea is to let people trash it and gold something else over and over if they don’t like the frequent unexpected changes without incurring a major loss in time or resources.

Edited by Gbnicholson1 on October 23, 2018 3:23AM
    Options
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I use gold mats for now is legendary master writs :/
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supposedly there is an inspirational mural on the wall at ZoS that just says, "Nerf Like No One is Watching!"
    Sharee wrote: »
    Don't run FOTM overpowered sets, and you won't have to replace them.

This has worked out well for me, overall. I'm also glad I didn't buy into the whole, "yeah, you need to get gold NMG everything."
    Options
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    Supposedly there is an inspirational mural on the wall at ZoS that just says, "Nerf Like No One is Watching!"

This has worked out well for me, overall. I'm also glad I didn't buy into the whole, "yeah, you need to get gold NMG everything."

Dreugh king slayer, cyrodiils crest, seventh legion, spc, and impregnable are not fotm.

Sheer venom and morag tong also aren’t, although morag tong seems to be meta.

Shacklebreaker, Julianos, fortified brass, clever alchemist, silks of the sun, vicious death, war maiden, essence theif, leeching plate, shield breaker, spriggan’s and netchs touch also survived btw.

I also had my own build for magdk that used the bonus for having multiple ardent flame abilities with innate axiom and that was screwed up when they changed abilities for dk (summerset I think), I had to be the only dk in the game to get nerfed. Was my favorite and that’s when it went downhill, murkmire sealed the deal though I don’t have time for this unless I get those labor intensive resources back.

So we have abilities on my main (stamdk) in clockwork, seventh legion in dragon bones, rip my dk in summerset, cyrodiils crest in wolfhunter that I had switched to from seventh legion and transmuted several weapons and jewelry of, and now dreugh king and impregnable which were the other sets that weren’t replaced from before. Some changes to monster helms too I think, and some weapon abilities along the way. I was excited for the improvements like 2 handed and staff 2 set bonuses, transmutation, etc so I overlooked what was piling up.

My magblade was nerfed similar to my dk over time, I’d say that was my second favorite. Several no longer have builds as I don’t have the motivation to make one, which I’ve always preferred to do, they just kind of sat there the past 6 months.

If you see that z box next to their name do not kill just lay down and die pretending to fight. Let them take the keep and everything just make it look real.
    Edited by Gbnicholson1 on October 23, 2018 4:39AM
    Options
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    I’m def done making my own builds that’s for sure. If I do ever come back to this game I’m asking people that know how to make one for theirs and just dealing with it being purple.
    Edited by Gbnicholson1 on October 23, 2018 4:36AM
    Options
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think I am done with MMOs in general. This last ESO update did it for me. Not gonna re-grind for the next new meta so my class is playable again.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dreugh king slayer, cyrodiils crest, seventh legion, spc, and impregnable are not fotm.

Sheer venom and morag tong also aren’t, although morag tong seems to be meta.

Shacklebreaker, Julianos, fortified brass, clever alchemist, silks of the sun, vicious death, war maiden, essence theif, leeching plate, shield breaker, spriggan’s and netchs touch also survived btw.

I also had my own build for magdk that used the bonus for having multiple ardent flame abilities with innate axiom and that was screwed up when they changed abilities for dk (summerset I think), I had to be the only dk in the game to get nerfed. Was my favorite and that’s when it went downhill, murkmire sealed the deal though I don’t have time for this unless I get those labor intensive resources back.

So we have abilities on my main (stamdk) in clockwork, seventh legion in dragon bones, rip my dk in summerset, cyrodiils crest in wolfhunter that I had switched to from seventh legion and transmuted several weapons and jewelry of, and now dreugh king and impregnable which were the other sets that weren’t replaced from before. Some changes to monster helms too I think, and some weapon abilities along the way. I was excited for the improvements like 2 handed and staff 2 set bonuses, transmutation, etc so I overlooked what was piling up.

My magblade was nerfed similar to my dk over time, I’d say that was my second favorite. Several no longer have builds as I don’t have the motivation to make one, which I’ve always preferred to do, they just kind of sat there the past 6 months.

If you see that z box next to their name do not kill just lay down and die pretending to fight. Let them take the keep and everything just make it look real.

DKS was changed along with VO and Celery Snake... Seventh Legion has absolutely been FotM, even before jewelry crafting allowed you to retrait it, so were Sheer and Morag at one point, but that's digging back a minute or two... so you're just going, "oh, hey, lookie, they nerfed all of these sets at some point in history, and their current versions aren't OP so it must be fine."

Funnier because Clever Alchemist was, absolutely, nerfed earlier this year. The rest of the sets you singled out are either extremely basic, or very niche.

So, yeah, don't run overpowered or broken sets without expecting to take a nerf bat to the head. Also, don't gold out anything except your weapons. The bonuses are not worth it.
    Options
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭

Flavor of the month means it’s enjoying a short period of popularity, all of those sets except maybe sheer venom have been around for a long time. It would have to be new, something like Sload’s. It would also have to be more recent, you can’t call something fotm if it’s been popular for a long time, like all the way back to summerset. I also explained I build these myself I don’t even really know how anyone would keep track of what set is and isn’t popular. If seventh legion became more popular because of the jewelry traits I didn’t notice.

I didn’t think alchemist, sheer venom and morag tong were nerfed, they were just balanced. Also before my time. Not every change is a nerf.

Do you play pvp? If you get the gold jewelry for the set it didn’t seem like a big deal to use the gold the rest, esp if you do daily writs and accumulate them. Lots of the pvp sets you can just buy gold jewelry in cheap and then gold the weapons. If you don’t want to be competitive I guess just gold weapons, but gold armor is nice to have if you’re outnumbered. I’d also want people to gold it instead of seeking off the gold mats then berating people for using them.

Aside from that the thing your saying about the sets being balanced now so it’s okay, I don’t understand why that would be an issue or like far fetched for someone to assume...

So in essence just saying don’t gold stuff isn’t a viable solution. Just saying expect a nerf if the set is op is also obviously wrong because we’re talking about sets that have been around not newly introduced ones. The gold mats have value beyond the igc they are worth for a reason and it’s not something that should be wasted.

If not during decon maybe have a new npc near rolis that will trade sets changed in any patch since 1.0 in for everything back post patch that looks like Todd Howard, maybe some dialogue about expecting his games to be full of bugs and balance issues but he’ll work with you. Why just erase the value of the mats when you could switch them around? I’d expect people want them to retain value to sell them as well so I’d expect trade guilds would appreciate it as well, because the alternative of deconing them and buying more isn’t happening as evidenced by everyone in his thread, both in agreement and disagreement with me. You said yourself just don’t gold it which is exactly what everyone in agreement with me is saying they do because of all the change.

What sets do you run btw?
    Edited by Gbnicholson1 on October 23, 2018 2:46PM
    Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just stuff it in a box and wait. You never know when what once was bad will become good again.
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    Again, I can get by in vet pve with a purple and blue set with impen monster set, I get that. I’ve even left varying amounts of cp unassigned. I should have specified it’s more of an issue for pvp in the post.
    Edited by Gbnicholson1 on October 23, 2018 2:50PM
    Options
  • Dysturbed
    Dysturbed
    ✭✭✭

And one below that that says, "Remember Balance Is Only Achieved When No Class Is Fun To Play."
    Options
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    Dysturbed wrote: »

And one below that that says, "Remember Balance Is Only Achieved When No Class Is Fun To Play."

I’ve always thought if I made a game I’d make one or two weapons and put a bunch of fake stats and different skins on it

You’d still have people like the ones itt saying this or that one is op and how you have no skill for using it.
    Edited by Gbnicholson1 on October 23, 2018 3:20PM
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only use simple sets that buff stats because I simply don't like stacking multiple offensive proc sets.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prior to this update I was getting Halloween skulls from overland bosses now im not, my dps, which was already low since im a tank/healer hybrid really took a mega slam. Jabs seems to have some ki9nd of weird delay cant spam them anymore, and RO doesn't do any damage lmao!

Gotta respect, so much for play your own way, this is by far the most ive ever been effected by a nerf.*shrugs*
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quit improving sets past purple two years ago, now I just sell my gold mats to people who still waste gold and time to improve their sets. Going back to wearing all crafted sets on all 11 of my characters and wait for those sets to get nerfed.
    Options
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tempers are cheaper than ever and only golden weapons really make sense. Rest is just personal preference.
    Options