Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nerfed until you can’t nerf anymore

Gbnicholson1
Gbnicholson1
✭✭✭
New content used to excite me but at this point I’ve had a gold set nerfed in every patch since clockwork and it now includes sets I golded or transmuted to replace the nerfed ones. Now I’ve lost the motivation to grind for hours on end through restoration staffs of the local stamina set, cp level helmets and shoulders, or ap to spend on gold jewelry or monster sets, I’m def not Golding anything else so you’ve effectively nerfed the entire game for me. It’s just not fun to create a build just to try and continually have to grind it out over and over instead of actually being able to play it.

I don’t know what I did to upset you guys but I’m sorry, to make it up to you I’ll just tell you which gold sets I have that are still untouched if you want. Off the top of my head sheer venom and morag tong unless I missed something the past year.

If you’re not mad at me and I just have bad luck maybe consider reimbursing 100% of those purple and gold mats during Decon or anytime the sets nerfed to maybe not drive people away from the game?
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    I feel ya. I have an insane amount of golded out medium sets that keep going obsolete.

For someone like me who dislikes PVE and crafting it's a real pain to farm/buy the mats.

It wouldn't be so bad if we we're at least guaranteed half of the mats back on deconstruct.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even bother to gold-out sets anymore unless they're weapons, except rarely.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supposedly there is an inspirational mural on the wall at ZoS that just says, "Nerf Like No One is Watching!"
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    lazerlaz wrote: »
    I feel ya. I have an insane amount of golded out medium sets that keep going obsolete.

For someone like me who dislikes PVE and crafting it's a real pain to farm/buy the mats.

It wouldn't be so bad if we we're at least guaranteed half of the mats back on deconstruct.

I’m not really interested in half I want to undo their legacy entirely if they targeted me specifically because it’s been literally every patch. I want 50 transmute crystals back in a geode too.

• Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I don't even bother to gold-out sets anymore unless they're weapons, except rarely.

No wonder gold mat prices plummeted

• Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    i felt the same way last patch, they nerfed all proc sets and made it so you could get about the same dps with MANY different sets in the name of balance... then they released summerset with relequen and scioria that give you free dps for doing nothing.... more proc sets lol... now how are they gonna sell the game? using the same formula i guess. screw the old timers that have paid the most for the sake of getting new sales for people who, for the most part, will not even play the game very long....

I started a guild right after summerset. I had the roster up to 370 people fairly quickly. 5 months after summerset the vast majority of my guild hadn't logged in for 5 months. they were all new people that tried the game and bailed. That fact helped me understand how games work a lot i guess.. I had to kick most of them so that i could invite more legit players so the guild is fine I just wish they would have given the game more then a few days or weeks before quitting because i love this game because of the people i play with more then the game itself. Ive been an end gamer, still am but now enjoy helping others learn to get better.

Ironically i have ended up helping them run trials to farm relequen, scioria, adv yokeda LOL because that's the gear they want... so full circle on my point :smile:
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't even own a single set golded out, except gold jewelry that was bought for cheap or at The Golden.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New content used to excite me but at this point I’ve had a gold set nerfed in every patch since clockwork and it now includes sets I golded or transmuted to replace the nerfed ones. Now I’ve lost the motivation to grind for hours on end through restoration staffs of the local stamina set, cp level helmets and shoulders, or ap to spend on gold jewelry or monster sets, I’m def not Golding anything else so you’ve effectively nerfed the entire game for me. It’s just not fun to create a build just to try and continually have to grind it out over and over instead of actually being able to play it.

I don’t know what I did to upset you guys but I’m sorry, to make it up to you I’ll just tell you which gold sets I have that are still untouched if you want. Off the top of my head sheer venom and morag tong unless I missed something the past year.

If you’re not mad at me and I just have bad luck maybe consider reimbursing 100% of those purple and gold mats during Decon or anytime the sets nerfed to maybe not drive people away from the game?

BURN IT TO THE GROUND BABY!!!!! WOOT!
    ============
    yeap, a few sets i loved to use got nerfed and its not as fun for me anymore...sad, no! you can't have my stuff! im going out like a Chinese emperor and have my belongings buried with me! :-)
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, so much time wasted farming and improving Dreugh King for my werewolf so he could get around faster in PVE (with no access to Rapids). But when Nerfmire drops, the Major Expedition will only be 8 seconds after a kill.... which of course will be spent devouring a couple of corpses.

Decon City, here we come!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People speculate on niche gear so much, ZOS may as well start naming sets after cryptocurrencies.

#TeamChubLoonCoin
    signing off
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, a set that is not golden is unusable? from purple to gold is like a just 3% increase

and nobody forces you to grind. You grind because u want to suck every 1% you can to be top meta
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    so, a set that is not golden is unusable? from purple to gold is like a just 3% increase

and nobody forces you to grind. You grind because u want to suck every 1% you can to be top meta

The set bonus and the base damage or armor increase so it’s more.

• Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

I don't even own a single set golded out, except gold jewelry that was bought for cheap or at The Golden.

Well don’t bother now unless you want to throw it awa to feel the difference.
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭

In pve you can get away with that all day in pvp you need it to be competitive.

• Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Think the only set I've ever fully golded out was Shacklebreaker and it's survived for almost 2 years without nerf.

COME GET ME ZOS!!!!!!!
    Argonian forever
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love the metards running around like blind chickens screaming "META, META!" everytime they accidently stumble over a good set.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think the only set I've ever fully golded out was Shacklebreaker and it's survived for almost 2 years without nerf.

COME GET ME ZOS!!!!!!!

Please dont give them ideas. I am already pissed by their nerfs and their game developing methods when it comes to balancing and tweaking. wich is a clear conclusion tehy cant do it properly cos if the were it wont effect a damn thing in teh game, yet the oposite happens all the time.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't run FOTM overpowered sets, and you won't have to replace them.
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

I figured out a better way to prevent having to replace them don’t worry.

• Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Do you think Cyrodiil’s crest was fotm last patch? Spc as well, like right after the jewelry went on sale at golden vendor.

Edited by Gbnicholson1 on October 21, 2018 9:23PM
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fotm?
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    Flavor of the month like Sload’s, which was fair game.
    Edited by Gbnicholson1 on October 21, 2018 9:25PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not enough incentive to gold anything when it’s almost guaranteed to get nerfed a couple patches later

I’ve been running the same Two Fanged and Hundings in purple for a year. It’s not great, but it’s been unchanged just as long and I can still pull 25k dps without much trouble
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I now do the opposite. I try to own everything (I no longer decon at all unless it's a duplicate)

I transmute, I gold, it gets nerfed; it waits.

It's to the point now, (well I'm close to it) where I just swap the newly nerfed for the newly buffed/untouched set.

A set may be horrid now, I still keep it.

When new sets drop, I keep them, and keep going. They only release a handful of sets so it's not too hard to get some new ones
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • gary.mcleodeb17_ESO
    Hunding's, Shacklebreaker, Julianos, they do what it says on the tin. Thank goodness. Lovely sets that have stood the test of time. Hope they remain that way too.
    Chilli Chillama of Chillrend.

Language is the source of misunderstandings.
    'The Little Prince'
    Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

“Say to yourself first thing in the morning: I shall meet with people who are meddling, ungrateful, violent, treacherous, envious, and unsociable. They are subject to these faults because of their ignorance of what is good and bad.” Marcus Aurelius.

The grabbing hands
    Grab all they can
    All for themselves after all
    It's a competitive world
    Everything counts in large amounts

Depeche Mode
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    They "good" thing they throw at us so many "good" sets we can decon straight away because we think they are all trash sets, then they release new proc sets which buff old sets so they are actually viable. So we need to refarm all the old sets we had but deconned. Congratz. And of course we need to farm the new sets aswell so we farm 2x.

Happy that I went casual and have a luxury of running old sets as VO and Briar/BSW, Julianos, Moondancer.

I have Relequen ready and Srioria almost ready, have a feeling they are going to nerf them more or just introduce better ones.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I now do the opposite. I try to own everything (I no longer decon at all unless it's a duplicate)

I transmute, I gold, it gets nerfed; it waits.

It's to the point now, (well I'm close to it) where I just swap the newly nerfed for the newly buffed/untouched set.

A set may be horrid now, I still keep it.

When new sets drop, I keep them, and keep going. They only release a handful of sets so it's not too hard to get some new ones

I expect that's what I'll do when I get to max level. I'm a hoarder anyway....
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭

COME GET ME ZOS!!!!!!!

shhhhh
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't follow the meta hype and configure your equipment for your likings. Meta-equipment will always be nerfed.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've never golded anything and i never would, its not needed outside of meta content and with every change it makes it ever more useless.