The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What's your favorite skill to buff allies with?

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I like the aesthetic of Purifying Light, and the synergy is really good. Purge would be a close second if it didn’t cost an arm and a leg.

I'm a fan of Purifying Light as well. I know it helps amplify damage, has short range HoT when it ends and, if have selected the passive, grants minor sorcery to the group for 20 seconds. But I don't believe it has any associated synergy. Am I missing something or were you simply talking about the passive boost of minor sorcery from the Dawn's Wrath passive?

A quirk about Purifying Light that I have learned to work with and like is that, due to its instacast/instahit nature, it can very handily grab initial aggro. I find this sometimes useful if my healplar is pugging with a fake tank and turns out to be the only one of the group who can handle a boss in her face.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on October 19, 2018 2:27AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither buffing nor debuffing feels particularly awesome in this game, compared to e.g. Lotro´s Captain and Loremaster.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My voice and encouraging words.
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

For PUG dungeons = BARRIER!

Always saves somebody, always. And the animation let's the whole group know.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logging off of my magicka warden.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I like the aesthetic of Purifying Light, and the synergy is really good. Purge would be a close second if it didn’t cost an arm and a leg.

I'm a fan of Purifying Light as well. I know it helps amplify damage, has short range HoT when it ends and, if have selected the passive, grants minor sorcery to the group for 20 seconds. But I don't believe it has any associated synergy. Am I missing something or were you simply talking about the passive boost of minor sorcery from the Dawn's Wrath passive?

A quirk about Purifying Light that I have learned to work with and like is that, due to its instacast/instahit nature, it can very handily grab initial aggro. I find this sometimes useful if my healplar is pugging with a fake tank and turns out to be the only one of the group who can handle a boss in her face.

Turns out I mixed up the skills because the one I meant gives the Purify synergy :lol: . So, Cleansing Ritual was what I meant. But regardless, Purifying Light is awesome too.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barrier! It's like "KAPLOW!" "You're all safe now."

My DK tank runs barrier, magma shell, brands of the imperium, lord warden, and ebon armory. Damage mitigation is my thing...
    PS4 NA
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molten Armaments is a fun buff to allies. Completely useless in trials where everyone should be using potions, but a nice skill for dungeons and the visual effect is cool.
  • Marcusito
    Marcusito
    ✭✭✭
    Barrier was by far the best until the nerf.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    Neither buffing nor debuffing feels particularly awesome in this game, compared to e.g. Lotro´s Captain and Loremaster.

Yes, the Captain was interesting because you really noticed when you didn't have one. I don't like flashy support though that blue glow SPC gives to your comrades' arms is satisfying in an odd way.

And pre-nerf War Horn was nice. It too is a buff rarely noticed but effective nonetheless. Still is though not as much.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    DBoS because ulti dump a solo player with coordinated 3 player group is fun.
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Which skill is fun? Is it powerful and impactful?

No buff-ally skill in the game feels powerful and impactful, imo--and there aren't really that many buff-ally skills in general.

Maybe combat prayer--it has a nice animation, a skill-shot component, and has a decent effect.

Agree, when youve played Neverwinter you see a big difference in buffing and not...
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warhorn for buffing or barrier for adhoc protection (PvP and PvE)
  • Heals_With_Lasers
    Heals_With_Lasers
    Soul Shriven
    Lasers. Specifically the healing one. Forever.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say that the best all content buff we can give (PvP, Pve trial/PvE Dung) is combat prayer (does anyone even knows the name of the other morph? I don't and I play more than 3 years lol).

2nd choice for me would be mutagen in 4 man dungeons (HoT + when low on health it becomes small burst heal + cleanse 1 negative effect)

3rd choice Horn, however I got mixed feelings about it because we got so many other ultimates out there yet we are kinda forced to keep ulti for this 1 which is honestly boring.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jamdarius I agree on Mutagen for the reasons you say - and I only run small groups (no trials). I also like the long duration because it means that I've always got at least some healing on everyone in case they need to proc Earthgore.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭
    @Jamdarius I agree on Mutagen for the reasons you say - and I only run small groups (no trials). I also like the long duration because it means that I've always got at least some healing on everyone in case they need to proc Earthgore.
    Mutagen is also really good on a warden healer since every tick refreshes the toughness buff (extra hp). Warden + mutagen + jorvulds set is kind of op imo.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    expansive frost cloak
    at a place nobody knows
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mend Spirit, no matter how clunky ability that is, I saved tank's life several times with it. Both modes, healing lazor and "here, go heal yourself" orb.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the old piercing mark
    Small scale nb group and one marking targets for easy pickings all in stealth, cheezy but fun
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope to never get you as a healer.
    you definitely didn't read last sentence. DD/healer for vanila dungeons (basicaly 2.5 DD run), full healer for DLC. Better?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skills I like:
    War horn
    Barrier
    Igneous weapons
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mutagen is also really good on a warden healer since every tick refreshes the toughness buff (extra hp). Warden + mutagen + jorvulds set is kind of op imo.

Donno if Jorvuld is so good right now, it was a good way to keep the uptime of the buffs and save resources through it but now with changes to Breton race passive we basically have all time seducer set on, and besides our rotations and sometimes extreme damage from mechanics makes us spam most heals with buffs like combat prayer anyways :disappointed:

On my Heal DK I find that Sanctuary set works best as I have solid health pool + very nice heals for my group (and ye switched from lizzard to Breton fyi), now all I need to do is basically stop being lazy and do some vetCR buuuuut SPC works just fine for dungeons and trials are not so interesting for me as they can take 2 much time (well maybe not nCR or nAS).
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jorvuld’s Guidance + Major Courage

OR

Jorvuld’s Guidance + Major Evasion