The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

End-Game PvE Warden Main Tank Build by Liofa (Summerset)

• tragoul70
    tragoul70
    As tank what does your red tree CP allocation look like for the different vet trials
    Edited by tragoul70 on July 18, 2018 7:15PM
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tragoul70 wrote: »
    As tank what does your CP allocation look like for the different vet trials

You can find the Physical and Spell Red CPs at the buttom. I swap between those depending on the trial.

AA, HRC, SO, HOF, AS > Physical
    MOL, CR > Magical

That should do it ^^
  • tragoul70
    tragoul70
    Liofa wrote: »
    As tank what does your CP allocation look like for the different vet trials

You can find the Physical and Spell Red CPs at the buttom. I swap between those depending on the trial.

AA, HRC, SO, HOF, AS > Physical
    MOL, CR > Magical

That should do it ^^

What about the gryphon dot in VetCR…..does thick skinned affect it?
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What about the gryphon dot in VetCR…..does thick skinned affect it?

It must do as it is damage over time. My best advice to survive that DoT is, literally stack on your healer while the bird is flying. That's it. I've never died to that just by stacking in the group and in front of my healers. Just make sure to keep aggro while it is flying. You will not die to the DoT while it is on the ground but the chaos while the bird is up makes it harder for your healers to keep heals on you.

So yeah, just stack on your healer and scream "HEAL ME!!!!!". I can guarantee that you won't die ^^
  • ExpatJohnny
    ExpatJohnny
    Soul Shriven
    @Liofa I have loved this build! I find it more enjoyable than my DK.
    Though I feel Argonian works for DK's, I think Nord or Imperial are definitely the best for Warden.
    As for alkosh, what do you think of running Infallable Mage in place of that (weapons/jewelry)?
    This would guarantee I can keep 100% uptime of Minor Invulnerability (8%) and have higher crit chance for heals. VS Alkosh uptime dependent on syn availability and roughly 6% more group dps.
    I'm still running Ebon/Thurvoken/S&B/Ice Staff...
    You're thoughts?
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Liofa I have loved this build! I find it more enjoyable than my DK.
    Though I feel Argonian works for DK's, I think Nord or Imperial are definitely the best for Warden.
    As for alkosh, what do you think of running Infallable Mage in place of that (weapons/jewelry)?
    This would guarantee I can keep 100% uptime of Minor Invulnerability (8%) and have higher crit chance for heals. VS Alkosh uptime dependent on syn availability and roughly 6% more group dps.
    I'm still running Ebon/Thurvoken/S&B/Ice Staff...
    You're thoughts?

Hello @ExpatJohnny

Infallible Aether is more of a healer set as they can heavy attack more reliably. We tanks may not have time to heavy attack because having to block certain mechanics that go on for a long while. Also, lightning staff first tick applies the debuff immediately and the 1h/s + Ice Staff combo is not really the best choice for the most effective Aether uptime. If you are going to use this set, make sure to have Lightning Staff for easy application.

If your healer is not running Aether and you are not getting good amount of synergies, then yes, Aether will be much more effective.
  • kts
    kts
    ✭✭✭
    man having a hard time to decide what trait for jewels, all my other sets use healthy trait but I have gold alkosh rings now. I assume triune is the safest choice? the grind for transmute stones can be real so I wanna get this right. The other options are infused and harmony which ive heard is great too, and then theres also healthy since all my other sets use this trait which would make swapping gear easier since I won't have to constantly change attribute points around. Arrrgh cant make my mind up lol
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kts wrote: »
    man having a hard time to decide what trait for jewels, all my other sets use healthy trait but I have gold alkosh rings now. I assume triune is the safest choice? the grind for transmute stones can be real so I wanna get this right. The other options are infused and harmony which ive heard is great too, and then theres also healthy since all my other sets use this trait which would make swapping gear easier since I won't have to constantly change attribute points around. Arrrgh cant make my mind up lol

@kts

In about 90% of the content, I am using Swift jewelry. But safest choice as you said is Triune.
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    How much would this build change if playing as an off-tank, and assuming a DK main tank?
    vFG1 HM
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    md3788 wrote: »
    How much would this build change if playing as an off-tank, and assuming a DK main tank?

Powerful Assault of Dragon instead of Ebon. Feed Harvest synergy to Main Tank for Alkosh uptime. That should be enough.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Liofa
    Has this build changed at all, or will it change with Murkmire? Especially for vet Cloudrest, but also for general trial tanking.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    @Liofa
    Has this build changed at all, or will it change with Murkmire? Especially for vet Cloudrest, but also for general trial tanking.

Hey @Earrindo , I am waiting for the patch to be completely done. I can't say anything yet but I will update as soon as possible after patch goes live. There is one change I am expecting that will change the fate of my tank builds, it's all depending on that single change ^^
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair enough. I will keep my eyes on this thread then. I really appreciate how thorough you are, and as a fledgling warden tank, it is really cool to know theres someone really spending time with the spec!
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Liofa ….ok, so per your recommendation to not use this build in its entirety for beginners…..what would you suggest, for the back bar? Or run as shown but use in a more cautious manner, so as to not get yourself killed?

Would a Frost staff be better (for beginner) or another s/s setup? I like having the blockade for extra cc/slowing/debuffing and the ranged interrupt but frost staff on a whole feels very "clunky"...slow.

So yea....if one was to not use the back bar setup on this build what would you suggest? Cheers!! ;)

And just to ask real quick...with DK's being such a solid choice for tanks what is it that has you so fired up and excited to tank on Warden? Are they just that strong?
    Edited by Joxer61 on October 20, 2018 3:18AM
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Joxer61

Frost Staff. The difference between tankiness in Frost Staff and 1h/s is very small and as you said, not worth losing all the utilities.

I saw the potential of Warden and did some theorycrafting and here is the result. So yes, they are that strong. Like I said in many other places and saying here again, if Engulfing wasn't there, I would play Warden.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joxer61

Frost Staff. The difference between tankiness in Frost Staff and 1h/s is very small and as you said, not worth losing all the utilities.

I saw the potential of Warden and did some theorycrafting and here is the result. So yes, they are that strong. Like I said in many other places and saying here again, if Engulfing wasn't there, I would play Warden.

thanks for that!! And I say make someone else bring engulfing so you can play your fav!! ;)

Also, from the start of your post.... "Note: This build is not for beginners. It is made for people who are looking to tank veteran HM trials."

Care to make one for us rookies...or no point? Takes time I am sure.

Thanks again!
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Liofa …"Note: This build is not for beginners. It is made for people who are looking to tank veteran HM trials.""

I think that's Warden tanking in a nutshell. Gave it a fair go as Warden and while it was ok and I did ok, I couldn't help but feel that I was doing something wrong. Its a very proactive tank style whereas you have to know when to pop heals and your ice skills and all that. The healing it has made me feel more like a "tanky" healer instead of a tank that has a few heals, if that makes sense?
    DK on the other hand just feels like a tank, or from I can recall has the skill set a tank would use....cc that does decent damage, the faster pull (although haven't tried Devices yet) and just overall not so much healing of group focus but staying alive focus. So yea, what you said is very true...Warden is for those that know tanking pretty well and can use the toolset to its fullest.
    I think Warden makes a great tank...and by far an even better end game tank! Once I am better aquainted with ESO trials and vets and such I just might swap back to my Warden and give it another go.
    Thanks heaps @Liofa for pointing me in the right direction and telling it like is as opposed to telling me what I wanted to hear! Cheers!! ;)

Ok...edit!! Just got frozen device...omg fun as!! set and forget and BAM, mob in your face, stunned and ready to die! easy to slap down as well unlike grip where you need to target something...yea....maybe was too hasty in my retreat from warden tanking....Im low level, its early so nows the time to test em out!!! #fickledmuch?? ;)
    Edited by Joxer61 on October 21, 2018 3:54PM
  • The_Yellow_King
    @Liofa Hi thanks so much for the build with the patch notes coming out it seems like there is a strong Warden buff this patch.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/435633/pts-patch-notes-v4-2-0

1. Was the Maturation change due to removing minor toughness from warhorn what you were thinking about?
    2. It also seems like bull netch is getting an amazing buff
    3.I am not sure if the deceptive predator change is good or not.
    Deceptive Predator (morph): The Minor Evasion buff is now granted at all times while this morph is slotted. This morph no longer grants an increased duration to the active Major Expedition and Major Endurance buffs.

4. Frozen Gate you don't mention the morph, I am guessing frozen retreat for the synergy proc for alkosh?
    5. Do you see any change to BiS gear with the patch or will Ebon, Alkosh, and lord warden still be the champ?

Thanks in advance, looking forward to the 810 champion point suggestions.
    Edited by The_Yellow_King on October 21, 2018 4:52PM
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @The_Yellow_King

Hello!

1- Best way to provide Minor Toughness is going to be Blood Altar. So level that if you still haven't.
    2- Yeah our already high sustain got even better.
    3- Not good. I probably won't use it next patch, Race Against Time is just the superior version of the skill thanks to sprint cost reduction.
    4- Frozen Device, not Retreat.
    5- Torug's will make a comeback. For Main Tank, it'll be Torug+Alkosh and Ebon+Alkosh for Off Tank.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @The_Yellow_King

Hello!

1- Best way to provide Minor Toughness is going to be Blood Altar. So level that if you still haven't.

Better than/in replacement of/or along with Budding Seeds?
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »

Better than/in replacement of/or along with Budding Seeds?

Better in every way, for providing Minor Toughness that is.
  • The_Yellow_King
    @The_Yellow_King

Hello!

2- Yeah our already high sustain got even better.
    3- Not good. I probably won't use it next patch, Race Against Time is just the superior version of the skill thanks to sprint cost reduction.
    4- Frozen Device, not Retreat.
    5- Torug's will make a comeback. For Main Tank, it'll be Torug+Alkosh and Ebon+Alkosh for Off Tank.

@Liofa

Thanks very much for the reply! Is it safe to say that the top 2 passives in animal companion are completely not worth the skill points then? Bond with nature and savage beast. Unless somehow bull netch procs these?
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @The_Yellow_King

Bull Netch procs both. Get those passives. You can spam netch for small free heals if necessary.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Liofa ...so...…...new build yet??? ;)
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Liofa ...so...…...new build yet??? ;)

This weekend ^^
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This weekend ^^

awesome...…………. ;)
  • The_Yellow_King

This weekend ^^

🤓. This is me waiting anxiously
    Edited by The_Yellow_King on November 8, 2018 3:20PM
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRZecOyYTvk

Sorry guys, didn't have time to update written guide. Make do with this for now ^^
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You prefer Frozen Device or Silver Leash? I see you use Frozen so I reckon the answer is right there in front of may face but yea, cant hurt to ask.....your "preferred"? Cheers!
    Edited by Joxer61 on November 9, 2018 12:26PM
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You prefer Frozen Device or Silver Leash? I see you use Frozen so I reckon the answer is right there in front of may face but yea, cant hurt to ask.....your "preferred"? Cheers!

Device definitely. It is better than chains in my experience. Just need some practice with targeting. After that, enjoy the longer range, lower cost, extra resistances and not having to target ^^