The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are people having fun in Battlegrounds?

• russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a trick question. All the choices are against bg. I enjoy bg but not the reward system. Specially the battlemaster reward. You know that guy the gives you task for bg.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't played since they broke PvP with Sloads
    Its also broken in many other ways..
    once you reach higher MMR and start soloqueuing all you see are:
    • 4 stack tryhards with coordination and cheese
    • aoe stacking (blockade and spin2win)
    • swift tank builds for chaosball and capture the relic
    • sloads & master dual wield bleed spam

After you experience all this *** you gotta reroll character to not get matched against the same two teams over and over again.
    And then after 10 games you match them again :trollface:

I know that MMR is meant to make the BGs more competetive, but what it ends up doing is making it stale rather than competetive because running cheesy sets > skill in the end.

What the core message of this essay is: sets and builds carry way too hard in this game. Thank you for your attention.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other reason
    I have fun doing the daily random bg, thats all i do, not queueing for a specific type, just the random one and then i move on...
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biased poll is biased.

I have fun in BGs, but it depends on the mode. I hate Capture the Relic and am not overly fond of Chaosball; when I get them on my random dailies, I often leave and queue up on another character that hasn’t done the daily yet.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bg is fun but frustrating when its chaosball and relic mode. Better than lagtastic cyrodiil. Deathmatch is definitely my favorite.
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Other reason
    I enjoy it until I'm on a mis-matched team lol
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I enjoy it. I use a cheese build with steel tornado
    I think it's really fun. I don't use steel tornado though.

Some game modes are more fun than others. Relic, and Ball is not very fun imo.

• IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont play it. It's not fun
    I literally only touch bg when I have 4 buddies... Going in there alone is pointless no fun and frustrating af if your fighting premades 90%of the time.. If your in a pre-made it's loads of fun cause no 1 stands a flipping chance against you
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I consider it a personal challenge to at least make it to 2nd place against premade groups.

I just get frustrated when its chaos ball or relic.
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Always enjoy BGs. They are a nice break from AFKing and zerg surfing in Cyrodiil. Never seen any MMR, just re-queue every 2 mins. Often make a friend or 2 in BGs also.

The quality of players in random BGs is usualy better than random vDungeon groups and beating pre-mades in a PuG is always fun.

Late night BGs are really nice for watching others' playstyle because you often get same players from the previous fights around.
  • SPE825
    SPE825
    ✭✭✭
    Other reason
    I'll say yes, but my cheese build isn't steel tornado. My cheese is snipe and poison injection.
  • SPE825
    SPE825
    ✭✭✭
    Other reason
    Corpier wrote: »
    The issues I have with BGs I think could be solved by having pvp events more regularly such as on a montly or weekly basis. Things like Triple Telvar Tuesdays or increased drop rates for BG motifs during the weekends could incentivize more players to participate in such content, reducing ques and increasing variety or who to play against.

Excellent idea. I mean why would they not do something like this? I really like Imperial City, so it was nice getting to play there during the IC event recently. I mean we have all other forms of dailies like writs, quests, undaunted, etc.

• HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other reason
    Sounds like OP is a bad player.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other reason
    well im about to log off since this is the 3rd time out of 5 battleground we didn't get the people because the bug of w/e

soooo an hour of waiting because of it?? goodnight guys :P
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other reason
    Queued for ages ...which is getting worse steadily ... Even longer when in a premade group even though most in group are new to BGs and just here to check it out ... It really puts them off wanting to try again ...

But I actually enjoy it, my only gripe is putting me outside a delve afterwards ... Especially if I've not completed what is that is filling my queue time
  • TheKingofSass
    TheKingofSass
    ✭✭✭✭
    The queue and team bug is beyond annoying but I enjoy bg a lot. Capture the relic is definitely my favorite. Chaos ball comes second, there is just something hilarious on having a bunch of people killing each other over a ball that slowly kills you.
    "Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

Nifereti
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magblade┇AD
    Alyäia Morningstar
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magplar┇AD
    Poison Avy
    500 CP+┇Bosmer┇Werewolf Stamden┇EP
    Tronto Ebur
    500 CP+┇Imperial┇Frosted Tankden┇EP
    Azaerani
    500 CP+┇Dunmer┇Dovah Kendov MagKnight┇DC
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    You mean Endless Fury grounds?
    They are currently my go to thing to in the game since I only have a couple hours a day, or less, to play.

I enjoy them less as my MMR gets higher and I encounter more pre-mades. And the cheese is definitely overpowered (snipe, damage proc sets, endless fury) that you almost have to run some sort of cheese or you put yourself at a big disadvantage.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other reason
    I like death match but hate the other modes
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other reason
    Your poll is straight up garbage... Obviously you dont like Battlegrounds so you give crap poll answers.

I have been enjoying Battlegrounds for about 2 weeks now and I find it extremely fun. Ive only played under 50 BGs but so far its a blast. Sure I dont have the highest score every game and I dont do great every game but I hold my own and enjoy the content.
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    It's broken
    Your poll is straight up garbage... Obviously you dont like Battlegrounds so you give crap poll answers.

I have been enjoying Battlegrounds for about 2 weeks now and I find it extremely fun. Ive only played under 50 BGs but so far its a blast. Sure I dont have the highest score every game and I dont do great every game but I hold my own and enjoy the content.

100% agree with this guy. I enjoy BGs as a dedicated healer, but mostly play in groups (premades) because why not? Playing in a group where people coordinate and strategist is enjoyable, and honestly the next level of PvP imo. If you aren't having fun, then either get into a premade of your own (only takes 3 others amirite boys), or just don't do BGs.
    PC-NA
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP has enough salt to cause a heart attack
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other reason
    I'd choose the "Sometimes" option, if there was one. There are several problems with BGs, as well as general game/class balance issues that need to be addressed, but the single biggest problem with enjoyment right now is pitting premade teams against randoms, especially when the random team(s) aren't full and/or have people with < 160 CP on them. And before anyone suggests that I get my own premade team: I find being on either end of a "pug stomp" to be really boring, and I would no more enjoy steamrolling every single game than I do getting focus fire ult-dumped by stacked up tryhards.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's broken
    Ques for high MMR are broken AF I can’t even play with friends anymore and solo takes 30+
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's broken
    Mister_DMC wrote: »
    This poll is biased, you obviously don't enjoy them. Don't play them.

Many regular BG players can’t lol literally have to make new characters to play this feature consistently
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean Endless Fury grounds?
    I do my daily and that’s it.

No-CP PvP is just horrible. Tanky builds are unkillable and light/medium builds are so glass cannon they get killed by a gentle breeze. I think part of the reason is CP devalues set bonuses.

BG lag is also worse than small-scale Cyro lag for some crazy reason.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's broken
    Battlegrounds just like noCP are ruined by new ecnhants proc mechanic. When your death recap is just full proc - it just sad. Never before it was in such terrible state.
    On bright side - it allow to find out who is who.
    That is every single recap in bg now
    2018-10-26-5.png
    Edited by Cinbri on October 26, 2018 7:49PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think this poll should have had an end date for Murkmire and then a restart date after Murkmire again.

We don't even have Murkmire on console yet but I'm already worried about the "DW enchant meta" that's going to plague BGs.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other reason
    I think this poll should have had an end date for Murkmire and then a restart date after Murkmire again.

We don't even have Murkmire on console yet but I'm already worried about the "DW enchant meta" that's going to plague BGs.
    It's oh so fun.

https://imgur.com/a/AWJjRsO

I color coded the names of different people in the blackouts. Also, notice how pathetically weak the bleed damage is in these screenshots (1.6k - 1.9k is usually pretty typical, while these were ~1k). This leads me to believe that either a lot of these people are wearing defensive sets and relying on just the enchant procs, and/or I had Major/Minor/both Protection running at the time(s) the screenshots were taken. Doesn't matter, I got wrecked hardcore either way.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    BGs is absolutely cancer broken right now. I've been a pvper since the game dropped and its really in a terrible place right now. open world cyrodiil is non existent (whole other topic) so I queue up for bgs and I'm constantly in groups with 200 or less cp (yes its non cp but these players are dead 24/7 and in experienced). everyone just uses nonstop proc sets to make up for the noncp and out healing the damage is almost impossible as a light armor mdk. I was just in a death match for the full duration of time and was matched up against all tanks. at the 3 min remaining the top team score was about 250. Its not competitive its just bad. I get paired up with biggest try hards and my own team mates are new to pvp. elder tanks online.
  • Danklord
    Danklord
    ✭✭
    BGs are fun atm, but some things needs adjustments. For example, bleed was supposed to hurt tanks the most, but they didn't scale it after how much resistance a class has (that way tanks takes the big hits). So now every class, no matter your resistance, you get squished really fast. I mean using torugs, dmg health, master axes, you do insane dmg so fast. Let me show you a premade i faced, they had 1 templar, 1 Dk, 2 werewolves.

So theres things that could be improved. I would like to have separate queues for 4man premades, because they put together the perfect combo and just roflstomp. Having a dedicated purifier/healer templar, the tanky Dk that leaps in, then having 2 dps. Or having a tanky frostwarden aswell, then a bleed dps. It's almost impossible to win against these. Most of the time i win by stealing their kills and sandwiching them with the other team.

But im having fun playing with my friend, i think magsorc atm is in a good balanced state, i would just like to actually have a reliable stun without needing to have master staff. Because using reach vs impulse is a big dmg decrease just to get a stun. Also you waste alot of magicka using it.

full?photo_id=501293721788
    Edited by Danklord on November 17, 2018 12:39AM